Get in shape for sports season coming up after the winter months

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2011 01:55 pm
I am a 12 year old girl trying to get in shape for my spring soccer season. But winter has made me a bit lazy. I am having problems getting motivated. Also, I am always trying to get some sort of way out of running on my dad’s treadmill.

The other problem is I don't know where to start with my training? Any suggestions?

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 1,895 • Replies: 3
No top replies

jlisdaman

Reply Wed 30 May, 2012 10:07 pm
@ziggles12,
Hey Ziggles, I have a 12 year old that plays soccer too and has since she was 3, I have been working with her for a long time, and its really hard to keep a 12 yr old doing these things. For you girls it should really be easy for you because of your youth, first make sure you dont eat no junk food,no potato chips, or candy, or anything that is oily or has lots of sugar. Make sure you drink plenty of water everyday, Im sure you have heard to drink 8 cups a day. I would triple that, especially when working out, but dont overfill to make you bloated only a couple swallows every 15 minutes is good and ... just maybe occasionally here and there you can have a cookie or cake or something, because you girls can burn it off, but not alot, maybe 1 time a week, but eat lots of fruits and veggies. Make sure you eat about 5 meals a day, but make them small, only like a cup to a cup and a half full...You will think you can eat alot more, but it actually takes your body about 10 minutes to let your mind know your full. Also start out just by walking each day. Increase it by getting a little faster and faster until you are jogging about a mile a day, or if really serious about 30 mins a day. Also make sure you skip a day each week as well so your body can rest and heal, if not 2 days a week...If you need more than that, add some 20-40 yrd sprints before or after your jogging to help with your speed and your endurance too. Also Make sure you stretch before and after you do any of your excercising...You dont need any weights, but you can do jump rope, jumping jacks, sit ups, crunches, leg lifts..Hope this helps some..Good Luck Ziggles
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 30 May, 2012 10:53 pm
@ziggles12,
My only suggestion is to find some athletic, or at least physical that seems interesting or fun to you. Treadmill is a synonym for tedium or boredom if you look in the right dictionary.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 30 May, 2012 10:55 pm
@ziggles12,
Of course, now I notice this is last year's thread.
0 Replies