I need prayers, friend in terrible accident

Green Witch

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2011 04:05 pm
Sorry to hear you have yet another heart ache to deal with, CL.

For you or anyone else who finds themselves dealing with stubborn drunk people wanting to drive - call 911 and describe the car and road where they are headed. Let the police stop them and take control of the situation. You might save them, and maybe even the lives of innocent people who just happen to be in the same area.
BillRM

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2011 05:02 pm
Being an atheist I am not sure about the prayer bit however if I was going to generate a prayer it would be one of thanks that no one else going about their lawful business on the roadways or even on the sidewalks ended up dead or badly harm.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2011 05:39 pm
@Crazielady420,
You'll have mine.

I believe they work whether it's because God is moved to intercede or because human will can shape reality.

In any case, how do they hurt?

I haven't read all the posts on this thread but I understand from references on another one that one or more clowns have been giving you a hard time.

Screw them.

It's hard to imagine someone might get a kick out of dismissing your request, but then the world is filled with a-holes.
0 Replies

George

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2011 05:57 pm
@Green Witch,
Green Witch wrote:
For you or anyone else who finds themselves dealing with stubborn drunk
people wanting to drive - call 911 and describe the car and road where they
are headed. Let the police stop them and take control of the situation. You
might save them, and maybe even the lives of innocent people who just
happen to be in the same area.

Sounds like good advice to me.
Thanks, Witchie Woman.
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2011 06:23 pm
Thank you again everyone

She has been moved back to critical condition in the surgical ICU. That is all I know at this time. It could really go either way and I hope that she pulls through and makes it. Everyone is a mess right now. This is so terrible.
Arella Mae

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2011 06:29 pm
@Crazielady420,
You hang in there. You have people that care and are here to support you.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2011 07:46 pm
@Crazielady420,
Hoping for the best, cl.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2011 08:43 pm
I worry about the guy too.
Well, all of you.
0 Replies

Pemerson

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2011 09:37 pm
@Crazielady420,
In your photo you have such a beauiful smile while in the happy place in your mind. I will go, too, to the happy place in my mind and wish warm positive feelings for you and your friends. Thoughts are things, you know.

Happy birthday, too.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2011 03:28 am
@Green Witch,
Quote:
Sorry to hear you have yet another heart ache to deal with, CL.

For you or anyone else who finds themselves dealing with stubborn drunk people wanting to drive - call 911 and describe the car and road where they are headed. Let the police stop them and take control of the situation. You might save them, and maybe even the lives of innocent people who just happen to be in the same area.

Endorsing Green Witch's words in the strongest possible way.

I know you are really concerned about your friends, CL, & I do understand that, but I would have been a whole lot more concerned & also upset & angry had some completely innocent people become fatalities as a result of your friends' attempted drive home.

I'm thankful to hear that there were no such victims. There could so easily have been.

I hope your friends recover & that they will have learned something from this awful experience.

In the meantime, my sympathy to you in having to cope with this situation, CL.
A very difficult time for you.

Crazielady420

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2011 04:06 pm
@msolga,
Totally agree with you both, it could have been a lot worse. It sadly could have been avoided all together if they had made the correct decision.

Unfortunately they left before we knew and we did not know what vehicle they were driving. Since we were in Boston, if we called it in they would never find them, 1000's and 1000's of cars and drunk people. We didn't even know if they were coming back. When I turned around they were gone.. didn't even think they were going to leave...
OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2011 04:20 pm
@Crazielady420,
I hope that your friend is feeling better, CL.

David
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2011 05:27 pm
@Crazielady420,
http://www.wickedlocal.com/weymouth/news/x512675962/Serious-crash-on-Route-93-Weymouth-woman-injured

http://www.wickedlocal.com/weymouth/news/x1235858965/Man-pleads-innocent-in-crash-that-hurt-Weymouth-woman

Looks as if there was a second accident on 93 that same night that involved teens and a fatality. Some of the reports have confused details from both when reporting on them.

Here's details of the second one:

http://www.unionleader.com/article.aspx?headline=Teen+passenger+dies+in+I-93+rollover&articleId=81179240-9644-4ff4-8aae-8e6ef8b5616d
Crazielady420

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2011 05:30 pm
@Butrflynet,
I know the second one was a fatality, the teenager was drunk and speeding. So terribly sad
OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2011 06:48 pm
@Crazielady420,
Crazielady420 wrote:
I know the second one was a fatality,
the teenager was drunk and speeding. So terribly sad
If someone is going to drive drunk,
woudn 't u think he 'd at least have the decency to drive slowly and carefully ???

David
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2011 07:10 pm
@Crazielady420,
Keeping you and your friends in my thoughts, CL.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2011 11:46 am
Hoping for better days for everyone involved.
Sending out the best vibes I can make.

Be well.
Joe(If I said a prayer God would say "Who's there!?" Who's that!?)Nation
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Sun 30 Jan, 2011 08:14 am
Just an update. she is now listed in serious condition as opposed to critical and she is responding to commands!
ehBeth

Reply Sun 30 Jan, 2011 08:41 am
@Crazielady420,
That's a good start isn't it. I wish her well in her recovery process.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 30 Jan, 2011 08:53 am
@Crazielady420,
Crazielady420 wrote:
Just an update. she is now listed in serious condition as opposed to critical and
she is responding to commands!
Soon, she will be challenging jurisdiction!

David
0 Replies