I need prayers, friend in terrible accident

JPB

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2011 11:54 am
@Krumple,
Krumple wrote:

I'm saddened by your position and what has happened to your friends,... I hope your friend recovers and I hope you recover as well.

It was all there, AM. The added politicizing may not be to your taste, but sadness and well-wishes were offered. Your going on about it doesn't lessen the distraction from the thread any less than Krumple's added hyperbole.
Arella Mae

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2011 11:55 am
@JPB,
I apologize then. I get very angry when people do something like that. It's kicking someone when they are down and I hate it.

Krumple, I do apologize for missing that comment. I will say no more on this.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2011 11:57 am
How are your friends doing, CL? How are you holding up?
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2011 12:01 pm
@Crazielady420,
Sending hopeful thoughts your direction.
0 Replies

Krumple

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2011 12:10 pm
@Arella Mae,
"You get offended by the comment Bentley made..."

I got offended? Are you sure you read that right? If I said I was offended it was probably a joke because I rarely get offended by anything someone has to say about me or to me. I'm fairly secure in my mind so what someone has to say probably won't emotionally upset me. Sure it may come across in text that I seem upset but I can assure you that I am not. But perhaps this is an unnecessary digression from the topic. I understand that I don't hold the majority mode of thinking but I also think that is what is wrong with society at large. We support people while in delusions and that is why we are so fragile to request support. There wouldn't be any need if we didn't bolster such behavior to begin with. It's like coddling a child too much makes them cry even when there is no reason they should be crying. They cry because you have supported that behavior. I am sure you can relate to that... of course I am also guessing, but how far off am I from that?
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2011 01:03 pm
@Crazielady420,
Sending warm and heartfelt wishes for your friend's recovery.

0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2011 02:35 pm
@Krumple,
I will big the bigger person and take no offense to your post, you are entitled to your own opinion. However how sad your life must be to have to voice your opinion in a thread like this..

What is prayer going to do? I do not know, but I would sure hope that I would take every approach possible if it could make the slightest bit of a difference...

How come you could have not simply have said "hope your friend recovers and I hope you recover as well"

I will never understand people that have to force feed their opinion on others, which to me you are doing by stating that there is no way prayer could work, your way or the highway eh?

I feel worse for you then I do for me right now... I am so sorry and I will pray for you :-)

oh BTW I am agnostic... before you come back at me about religion

Have a most wonderful day
Crazielady420

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2011 02:41 pm
Thank you all so much for your prayers, thoughts and support... here is an update (and yes George, it was the one on 93.. I am sure you read about it).

The papers have been incorrect in most of their reporting. They were both drinking and they are not sure who was driving. He remembers nothing and she is still unconscious. She is in critical but stable condition and medically sedated. We won't know anything more until a few days have passed.

He is currently at court and I am waiting to hear what is going on.

She is still critical so only time will tell.. we are unable to visit her yet.
Krumple

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2011 02:52 pm
@Crazielady420,
Quote:
However how sad your life must be to have to voice your opinion in a thread like this..

Why would you assume that my life is in some way sad because I pointed out a truth to you? Funny how that is that you assume my life would be sad.

Quote:
How come you could have not simply have said "hope your friend recovers and I hope you recover as well"

Because that is not what you were requesting. You mentioned prayer so I had to point out that it would do nothing for you. Which is the truth, sorry if that offends you to hear that. However; regardless of my stand on that, I do sympathize with your situation and wouldn't wish it on you or anyone. Yet I am some how deemed a bad or sad person because I made a statement outside wishing you well. That is actually the sad part of this whole thing.

Quote:
I will never understand people that have to force feed their opinion on others, which to me you are doing by stating that there is no way prayer could work, your way or the highway eh?

Not my way at all but the reality is, prayer has never proven itself at all in any situation. Until it does there is absolutely no reason to think that it can or does. I am perfectly willing to be proven wrong, just provide for me a case or a way in which it is effective and ill stand corrected. So no, it doesn't have to be my way, just pointing out the reality of it which is something you don't want to accept.

Quote:
I feel worse for you then I do for me right now... I am so sorry and I will pray for you :-)

So you think I am in a worse situation than you? That would only be another mistake on your part. To believe that I am in need of it how funny is that? You can if you think it'll do anything but it won't but I guess reminding you of that won't mean anything again.

Quote:
oh BTW I am agnostic... before you come back at me about religion

Doesn't matter if you claimed you were atheist yet you believe in prayer. I still would have made the comment. The only real offense here is that I called prayer ineffective, which it is, and has proven to be just as effective as non-prayer. But I am still the bad guy for pointing out that fact to you.

By the way happy belated birthday.

Crazielady420

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2011 03:05 pm
@Krumple,
I am not going to bother breaking down your post...

Who are you to say what is true? Are you a god? Please say you are because you seem to know an awful lot about life and you seem to think you are correct.

Your reality is your own reality.. why do we have to follow your unproven facts?

I do not feel the need to feed you fuel any longer. If you do have the empathy you say you do, you will do me the kindness of no longer posting on this thread.

Thank you for the happy birthday
Krumple

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2011 03:16 pm
@Crazielady420,
Quote:
Who are you to say what is true? Are you a god? Please say you are because you seem to know an awful lot about life and you seem to think you are correct.

Once again, it is not me who is blankly making the claim. It has never been supported by reality so it is unfounded. I am not making it up, but you refuse to acknowledge that. So you try to reroute it as if I am making it up or that I have a god complex. No, reality has proven that prayer does not work, not me or some empty statement.

Quote:
Your reality is your own reality.. why do we have to follow your unproven facts?

Reality is not subjective, and you don't get to decide what is true or false. Sure you can believe what ever you want, but there is still a fundamental truth to what you believe, and it is either true or it is not. There is no subjective truths or else reality would be completely contradictory.

Quote:
I do not feel the need to feed you fuel any longer. If you do have the empathy you say you do, you will do me the kindness of no longer posting on this thread.

Since you don't want to face reality you want it to go away. Alright fair enough.
ossobuco

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2011 03:21 pm
CL, I'm sending you and your friends my best support hugs.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2011 03:21 pm
@Krumple,
Your taste is very poor.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2011 03:25 pm
@Crazielady420,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CL

David
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2011 03:26 pm
@Krumple,
I suggest you do not p*ss me off. Truly I do. I do not wish to make an enemy today but I specifically asked you to show your empathy...

which you did not

So take your soulless, self righteous, egotistical, and heartless self and scurry along back to the hole you came from... back to your own precious 'reality'.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2011 03:27 pm
@Crazielady420,
Crazielady420 wrote:
I suggest you do not p*ss me off. Truly I do. I do not wish to make an enemy today but I specifically asked you to show your empathy...

which you did not

So take your soulless, self righteous, egotistical, and heartless self and scurry along back to the hole you came from... back to your own precious 'reality'.

WELL SAID!!!
0 Replies

Krumple

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2011 03:32 pm
@Crazielady420,
Quote:

which you did not

Oh I see, you can make comments but I can't since its "your" thread. You can have the final say but I can't have a follow up? I see that words offend you so easily just by saying a response to your request which I was going to follow until I read your final comment as if you own the thread and can dictate what happens on it. I wasn't going to say anything more until you had to keep going with it.
Crazielady420

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2011 03:35 pm
@Krumple,
Hey, I can play the last word game any day... it is quite humorous...

I want to play whack a mole right now since you popped back out of your whole... if I hit your head again with the big hammer, will you go away :-D
Krumple

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2011 03:36 pm
@Crazielady420,
"I want to play whack a mole right now since you popped back out of your whole... if I hit your head again with the big hammer, will you go away :-D"

I guess you need your punching bag.
Crazielady420

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2011 03:37 pm
@Krumple,
whack :-)
0 Replies