I need prayers, friend in terrible accident

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2011 12:47 pm
We were all out celebrating my birthday last night and two of my friends left the bar. They had both been drinking and we were unable to get them to take a cab or give their keys. They got into a bad accident and one of my friends is in critical condition. My other friend is ok but has been arrested as he was driving.

I feel terrible, I know it is not my fault but they came out for me. There is nothing more any of us could have done. What a terrible outcome to a fun night, what a terrible birthday, I cannot imagine how terrible my friend feels and I cannot begin to imagine how my injured friend feels.

We are just praying she pulls full... I am not one to ask for prayers, but we need all the prayers we can get right now.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 22 • Views: 5,654 • Replies: 69

JPB

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2011 12:49 pm
@Crazielady420,
ommmmmmmmmmmming from here, cl.

0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2011 12:51 pm
@Crazielady420,
thoughts with you, CL....
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2011 01:05 pm
How awful. Hoping that both your friends make it through this ordeal.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2011 01:17 pm
@Crazielady420,

so sorry to hear, CL.
not a good way to spend your b'day.
hope your friends will be ok...
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2011 01:32 pm
sending good thoughts your way
Dutchy

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2011 01:49 pm
@djjd62,
My thoughts are with you CL, hope your friend recovers, please keep us informed of her progress.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2011 09:32 pm
@Crazielady420,
I am praying for you and your friends. I am sure this is difficult for you.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2011 10:40 am
@Crazielady420,
Consider it done - and continuing. Also praying for the one that made the dumb mistake driving - hoping they have learned something valuable.
0 Replies

Krumple

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2011 10:52 am
@Crazielady420,
I'm saddened by your position and what has happened to your friends, but honestly is prayer going to do anything? Why not pray for the day to restart or that time will go backwards so you can change the events? Ridiculous to think that praying will actually accomplish anything. Life happens, mistakes happen, if your friend will recover it will be due to human ingenuity and knowledge and not by some superstition. I hope your friend recovers and I hope you recover as well.
George

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2011 10:58 am
My prayers for your friends, their families, and for you.
It's all so terribly sad.

(I hope it's not the accident I read about this morning.)
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2011 11:40 am
@Krumple,
Krumple wrote:

I'm saddened by your position and what has happened to your friends, but honestly is prayer going to do anything? Why not pray for the day to restart or that time will go backwards so you can change the events? Ridiculous to think that praying will actually accomplish anything. Life happens, mistakes happen, if your friend will recover it will be due to human ingenuity and knowledge and not by some superstition. I hope your friend recovers and I hope you recover as well.
Good grief! Do you really think it's appropriate to throw that in here? The woman is asking for support!
Krumple

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2011 11:42 am
@Arella Mae,
"Good grief! Do you really think it's appropriate to throw that in here? The woman is asking for support!"

Sure it is appropriate. Is there some rule that dictates that only certain remarks are acceptable? It's honesty not some superficial pat on the back. If you don't like the truth don't get mad at me for pointing it out.
Rockhead

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2011 11:43 am
@Krumple,
yes.

the rule is common sense.

a little empathy never hurt, either...
Arella Mae

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2011 11:44 am
@Krumple,
The point is your remarks are completely compassionless. She asked for prayer. You did not have to jump in there with your post. You could have been kind enough to just leave it alone. But no..................just because you don't believe you are going to infringe on her pain? I find it very sad.
Krumple

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2011 11:45 am
@Rockhead,
"a little empathy never hurt, either... "

You claim I don't have empathy but you would be incorrect. Just because I object to the use of prayer as a solution to her problem makes me unempathetic? Seriously?
Below viewing threshold (view)
Rockhead

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2011 11:47 am
@Krumple,
not here, junior.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2011 11:50 am
@Crazielady420,
Try to be easier on yourself. We have all done stupid things in our lives, and unfortunately, your friend paid a high price for a slip in judgment.

Sending kind thoughts your way, both for your friend, and for you.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2011 11:50 am
@Krumple,
Krumple wrote:

"The point is your remarks are completely compassionless. She asked for prayer. You did not have to jump in there with your post. You could have been kind enough to just leave it alone. But no..................just because you don't believe you are going to infringe on her pain? I find it very sad."

I think supporting delusions are just as saddening. Where is your compassion for the truth or honesty?
The truth is the woman is hurting. She needs support. She does not need you telling her her beliefs are wrong................etc. Look at your post in the non-christian thread! You are a hypocrite. You get offended by the comment Bentley made but think it's perfectly okay to say what you did to crazielady. She asked for prayer. If you are not of the praying kind, you could have done like others and said my thoughts are with you, etc. Instead, you came off as a superior acting first class jerk.