It's probably leaps and bounds above where we are

fansy

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2011 07:37 am
Quote:
Decorated Navy fighter pilot Matthew “Whiz” Buckley, a Top Gun graduate of the Navy Fighter Weapons School who flew 44 combat missions over Iraq, says, “It’s probably leaps and bounds above where we are, and that’s terrifying.

“As a former Navy fighter pilot, going up against something that’s stealthy, highly maneuverable and with electronic systems more capable than mine -- that’ll keep me up at night,” said Buckley, now chief strategy officer at Fox3 Options LLC.

Buckley said photos posted online of the radar-evading Chengdu J-20 jet fighter lead him to believe the aircraft has great stealth capabilities, based on what appears to be a bumpy exterior possibly housing stealth technology, and the lack of external components, such as a gas tank and missiles.

Buckley is talking about China's J-20 stealth fighter. What does he mean when he says, "It's probably leaps and bounds above where we are?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 614 • Replies: 1
No top replies

MontereyJack

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2011 07:58 am
very, very far advanced beyond US technology.
0 Replies