neocon?

pieman

Reply Sun 21 Dec, 2003 02:38 pm
I did not know whether to ask about this in the politics forum or this one. I hear the word neocon often these days and I am not sure what it means. The prefix neo means new, recent or new form of. Con would be for conservative I think. Any input would be appreciated. Very Happy
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 637 • Replies: 2
No top replies

PDiddie

Reply Sun 21 Dec, 2003 02:46 pm
neoconservative:

An individual falling into a subsect of the American conservative political wing. A neoconservative generally favors hawkish foreign agendas and overt militarization due to their core purpose of promoting American supremacy overseas and their disgustingly retarded and simplistic belief that any given situation can be resolved with aggression (see: Iraq). Due to their unabashed shortsightedness, they are considered ignorant buffoons by other conservatives. Especially so by paleoconservatives.

When it comes to domestic affairs, however, neoconservatives aren't nearly as decisive. In fact, they're totally impotent and ineffectual.

Used in a sentence:

"Gee, I guess that's why our economy is in the toilet and the rest of the world hates us; We have a neoconservative in the White House."
0 Replies

pieman

Reply Sun 21 Dec, 2003 03:13 pm
Thanks PDiddie.
0 Replies