Can eating beef cause chest pains

Freda47

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2011 06:15 pm
I have chest pains at times and some times it's after eating beef. I am wondering if that is what's causing the discomfort. It comes all of a sudden and it's like a heavy weight in my chest. Sitting up on the sofa during those times of pain in my chest is very uncomfortable. I can't lie down and have to sit up in bed. I also take Pepto-Bismol like it's water and that doesn't help either.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 22,137 • Replies: 10
No top replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2011 06:43 pm
@Freda47,
It sounds like beef gives you indigestion, which can hurt like the dickens! I suggest you don't eat beef and see if it happens again. If it does, see a doctor.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2011 06:52 pm
It sounds like multiple bullshit.

It is actuality possible that one choose more than advised.
0 Replies

fresco

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2011 06:54 pm
@Freda47,
Quote:
I had once a pain in the chestal area. Now, I was sure it was heartburn, y’know, ’cause at that time I was married and my wife cooking with her nazi recipies, y’know, chicken Himmler. I didn’t wanna pay twentyfive bucks to have it reaffirmed by some medic, that I had heartburn. But I was worried ’cause it was in the chestal area. Then it turns out my friend, Eggs Benedict, has a pain in his chestal area, in the same exact spot. I figured if I could get Eggs to go to the doctor, I could figure out what was wrong with me, at no charge, so I con Eggs. He goes. Turns out he’s got heartburn. Cost him twentyfive dollars, and I feel great, ’cause I figured I beat the medic out of twentyfive big ones, y’know. Called up Eggs two days later – he died. I check into a hospital immediately, have a battery of test run and x-rays. Turns out I got heartburn. Cost me a hundred and ten dollars. Now I’m furious. I run to Eggs’ mother, and I say: “Did he suffer much?” And she said: “No, it was quick. Car hit him and that was it.”

Woody Allen

This doesn't answer your question, but may make you smile !
ossobuco

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2011 06:57 pm
@fresco,
Not seen that before..
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2011 07:54 pm
I have a similar problem with rice. I find slow even breathing helps.
farmerman

Reply Sat 22 Jan, 2011 05:52 pm
@Freda47,
Dont lie down after you eat. Sounds like youve got GERs.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 22 Jan, 2011 07:10 pm
@farmerman,
I agree with farmerman. That's GERD.
Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 22 Jan, 2011 07:35 pm
@Ceili,
Weird, Celli- I am finding that rice sticks in my esophagus too. I do take opromazole (generic prilosec) every morning, and that seems to help with everything besides rice.

Eating more slowly will often prevent the problem.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 22 Jan, 2011 07:42 pm
@ossobuco,
Yup. If the GERD becomes problematical, it might be helpful to have an endoscopy given by a good gastroenterologist. Unlike a colonoscopy, which has one of the most obnoxious preparations, an endoscopy has no prep, just some fasting before the procedure.

Under light anesthesia, the doctor threads a camera through the esophagus, removes anything unusual, and checks to see the condition of the organ.

My mom had very bad gerd. Once in awhile, she would have an endoscopy, and the doc would stretch the esophagus. That gave her quite a bit of relief for a long time, until she had to do it over again.
0 Replies

Sheu

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2016 10:26 am
@Freda47,
Hemachromatosis - Excess of Iron in your blood causing it to lodge in the heart. I have this. Even with lower iron levels I cannot EVER eat meat. Super dangerous. Instant pericarditis, heart distress and Hospital. Look it up. And do not EVER have black strap molasses.
0 Replies