The worlds first riddle!

TTH

Reply Fri 25 Apr, 2008 01:00 am
Tryagain wrote:
Draw a line around the edge; then how many outlines of triangles can you find in the pattern Question

HINT: The triangles can be different sizes. Obviously all lines join.

><><
><><
><><
><><
I don't know, at least 34, most likely more (just a guess, but at least I tried....which should count for something Laughing )
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Fri 25 Apr, 2008 11:32 am
Tryagain wrote:
While I am waiting for inspiration, how about you take 11 coins (of the same size) and lay them out thus:

…..O
….OO
…OOO
….OO
…OOO

With each coin neatly fitting together.

Now, draw a closed chain of five straight lines through the centers of all 11 coins Question
using the same #s as thoh
How about draw through 1, 2 & 4 extending the line all the way down to 9. Then draw through 9, 10 & 11 extending the line past 11 so it is under 6, 3 & 1 drawing through those. Bring the line back from 1 to 3 and draw through 3, 5, 7 & 9. Then bring the line across to 10 and draw the line through 10, 8 & 6. The rules didn't state that you can't draw over a line already drawn. That should give you 5 straight closed lines.
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Fri 25 Apr, 2008 11:55 am
TTH:

TRIANGLES
At least 34 Cool

That is exactly what I have. Very Happy

11 Coins:

How about draw through 1, 2 & 4 extending the line all the way down to 9. Then draw through 9, 10 & 11 extending the line past 11 so it is under 6, 3 & 1 drawing through those. Bring the line back from 1 to 3 and draw through 3, 5, 7 & 9. Then bring the line across to 10 and draw the line through 10, 8 & 6. The rules didn't state that you can't draw over a line already drawn. That should give you 5 straight closed lines. Cool Cool

TTH you have a unique mind; first construct a triangular box then fill it in. I would never had thought of that!

Ok! Now try to achieve the same result; WITHOUT removing pen from paper. Only five straight lines Question

ROSUPND Question

GHEADS Question
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Fri 25 Apr, 2008 12:26 pm
Tryagain wrote:
TTH:TRIANGLES
At least 34 Cool

That is exactly what I have. Very Happy
Seriously, I only looked at the lines Shocked You just made my day!! Very Happy Can I kiss you? Nevermind, if you were here I would, seriously (I do things like that) Laughing
Tryagain wrote:

TTH you have a unique mind; first construct a triangular box then fill it in. I would never had thought of that!

Ok! Now try to achieve the same result; WITHOUT removing pen from paper. Only five straight lines Question
I didn't remove the pen from the paper. I just re-drew over the line that was already there.
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Fri 25 Apr, 2008 12:34 pm
Tryagain wrote:
ROSUPND Question
sp(in) a round?
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Fri 25 Apr, 2008 12:38 pm
HEADINGS
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Fri 25 Apr, 2008 12:39 pm
I think we did it Izzie, great team work huh? Very Happy
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Fri 25 Apr, 2008 12:40 pm
Team Spirit hun - nothing like it a? :wink:
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Fri 25 Apr, 2008 12:42 pm
right Very Happy
....except thoh, mark and raprap aren't here Sad
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Fri 25 Apr, 2008 12:47 pm
They'll be back when the BlueBoy gives 'em some riddles :wink:

thoh (the handsome other hero) posted one t'other day - good a?

(glad to see we finally got some letters to do...... ahem Rolling Eyes ) :wink:
0 Replies

jove

Reply Fri 25 Apr, 2008 07:07 pm
Hi Try,,, nice to see your avatar. Can you tell i'm not a good conversationalist?

You'll be leaving May 6th?
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Fri 25 Apr, 2008 09:15 pm
Hi jove
He doesn't talk much does he? Thoh are you done with the marbles or hats or whatever you are playing with? I need to talk to you.
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Sat 26 Apr, 2008 12:32 am
Try
When you come back, this is for you:
http://www.able2know.org/forums/viewtopic.php?p=3210117#3210117

and thanks thoh, you are a sweetheart. So, you wanna get married now? Laughing :wink:
0 Replies

jove

Reply Sat 26 Apr, 2008 06:35 am
Hi TTH <waves> Laughing now wasn't that fun!

Try,,, guess what happened to me when i was homeless,,, this is unbearably funny~

~ someone (i don't know who Laughing omfg!) made me think i was Jesus H. Christ in public! rotflmao!,,, i have NO IDEA! what i looked or acted like! I just know it happened.

Some people don't know you catch more flies with Honey than you do Vinegar,,, i might bee one of them (pta) Shocked (and i did!) Laughing
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Sat 26 Apr, 2008 09:41 am
Hi jove Very Happy
It would be more fun if I understood you Confused
0 Replies

Stormwatch

Reply Sat 26 Apr, 2008 11:03 am
TTH I don't think it's her intention to be understood. :wink:
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Sat 26 Apr, 2008 11:18 am
jove
What is your intention?

Stormwatch
Do you know?
0 Replies

Stormwatch

Reply Sat 26 Apr, 2008 11:24 am
I have no idea. She always seems to be talking in riddles. Maybe that's why she likes the riddle thread. Laughing
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Sat 26 Apr, 2008 12:46 pm
Isn't jove jovay, paulaj, etc and maybe others?
0 Replies

Stormwatch

Reply Sat 26 Apr, 2008 03:11 pm
Yep, she has had several names......

It's funny how you can tell who has duplicate log on names from the style of their writing. Example Try-Tryst :wink: Laughing
0 Replies