question how long will you live
answer forever
0 Replies

markr

Reply Sat 16 Apr, 2005 09:11 pm
timtim wrote:
answer forever

Is that a riddle? Are you looking for a response?
0 Replies

timtim

Reply Sat 16 Apr, 2005 09:30 pm
answer forever
0 Replies

timtim

Reply Sat 16 Apr, 2005 09:34 pm
markr wrote:
timtim wrote:
answer forever

Is that a riddle? Are you looking for a response?

answer to worlds oldest riddle
0 Replies

timtim

Reply Sat 16 Apr, 2005 09:36 pm
answer to worlds oldest riddle but the reply showed
up on different page
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Sun 17 Apr, 2005 06:41 am
Tim tim (Is there an echo in here?). Hi, hello and welcome. It is good to see a new name taking part in the forum.

"question how long will you live
answer forever"

Prolly the best answer yet. I look forward to reading more of your posts. Laughing

Mark:
RABBITS
5 jumps (5 5 5 5 -7) Cool

DIVISORTON
389 Cool

Here we are looking for a common multiple. One third can be shown as 3, one-fourth as 4, one-fifth as 5 and one-seventh as 7. Multiple them together and you get 420. Then, one-third of 420 is 140; one-fourth is 105, one-fifth is 84 and one-seventh is 60. Add them together, 140 + 105 + 84 + 60 and you get 389, the population of Divisorton.

Mark:
SMALLEST NUMBER
59 Cool

This involves finding the least common multiplier (LCM) and then subtract one to leave each original number with the right remainder. In this case, the LCM of 6, 5 and 4 is 60. Then, to get the remainder, you take one off, or 59.

Tom and Jane compete in a car rally, going several times around a closed circuit. Tom can drive the circuit in 25 minutes, but Jane takes 30 minutes.

If the two drivers start at the same time, how long will it take Tom to lap Jane Question

Alzar has many dragons. A few years ago, one of these dragons, Alzaran, though not fully grown, weighed one thousand pounds plus two-thirds of his own weight.

How much did Alzaran weigh Question

Jane has 13 chains with three links in each chain. She would like to connect all 13 chains together to form one continuous circular chain. If a jeweler charges $4 to cut a link open and $10 to weld it back together again.

What is the cheapest cost by which Jane can have this done Question
0 Replies

whimsical

Reply Sun 17 Apr, 2005 06:47 am
I am not so happy with the dividing of the estate of 1920000. Mothers do all the work. What if the father had stated in his will that mother gets three times as much as a daughter, and that a daughter gets two times as much as a son.

What would each get?
0 Replies

markr

Reply Sun 17 Apr, 2005 10:20 am
CAR RALLY
150 minutes

ALZAR
3000 pounds

CHAIN
$140

WHIM'S ESTATE
mother: 2/3 of the estate
daughter: 2/9 of the estate
son: 1/9 of the estate
0 Replies

whimsical

Reply Sun 17 Apr, 2005 11:03 am
Chains:
$168

Mark I see you do it in ten cuts. So my 12 is high.
0 Replies

markr

Reply Sun 17 Apr, 2005 11:31 am
whimsical wrote:
Chains:
$168

Mark I see you do it in ten cuts. So my 12 is high.
Cutting three chains (nine links) completely allows you to join the remaining ten chains, but not in a loop. Cutting one more link allows you to join the ends.
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2005 05:55 am
Mark:
CAR RALLY
150 minutes Cool

ALZAR
3000 pounds Cool

Explanation: This is an algebra problem. Alzaran's weight is W, therefore the formula is: W = 1,000 + 2/3 W. When you subtract 2/3 W from both sides of the equation, you have.
1/3W = 1,000. To find out the value of W, you multiply both sides by 3 so that W = 3,000 pounds.

CHAIN
$140 Cool

A common way to find this answer would be to cut a link in each of the 13 three-link segments and re-weld all. That answer would be $182.

However, to find the cheapest way, you keep 10 of the segments intact and cut each link (9 in total) of the other three segments. Using the nine links, you can cut and weld together nine of the segments ($14 each or $126).

Then to make the final link, you need to cut and re-weld only one link of the other 10 segments to put the whole thing together; that's another $14. The total is then $140.

WILL
Is the puzzle is solvable without knowing how many sons/daughters/there are?

A car is travelling at uniform speed. The driver sees a milestone showing a two-digit number, after travelling for an hour the driver sees another milestone with the same digits in reverse order.

After another hour, the driver sees another milestone with a three-digit number, which included the same two digits what is the average speed of the driver Question

There was a race between Myself, Mark and Whim. When I take 21 steps, the distance covered is equal to Mark's 24 steps and Whim's 28 steps. I take six steps to every seven steps of Mark and eight steps of Whim.

Who won the race Question

An opera singer starts from home at 3pm for evening walk. He walks speed of 4km/ph on level ground and then at a speed of 3km/ph uphill. and then down the hill at a speed of 6 km/ph to the level ground and then at a speed of 4km/ph to the home.

If he reaches home at 9pm, what is the distance one way Question
0 Replies

markr

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2005 09:18 am
CAR
45 mph

RACE
Mark, of course.

WALK
12km
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2005 10:08 am
0 Replies

markr

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2005 01:35 pm
TRUELY TO TRULEY
7:00 P.M. + however long you and the gal north of Boston spent together. Shocked
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Tue 19 Apr, 2005 04:57 am
0 Replies

markr

Reply Tue 19 Apr, 2005 09:15 am
AVERAGES

MEAN

JANE
0 Replies

markr

Reply Tue 19 Apr, 2005 09:18 am
RIDDLE POLICE
Is it something that a man can't do sitting down, a woman can't do standing up, and a dog can only do on three legs?

If not, it could be lots of things. How about breathe, or see?
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Tue 19 Apr, 2005 10:22 am
RIDDLE POLICE

a) Is it something that a man can't do sitting down? - He can, but unusual.

b) A woman can't do standing up? - No, as easy standing as sitting.

c) A dog can only do on three legs? - It can be done on 2 and 3 legs. But, never on 1 or 4.

You could not do it whilst asleep, but you could with your eyes shut. The dog however would keep it's eyes open. Except for the dog, it's an everyday thing.

Go on give upÂ…
0 Replies

turtlette

Reply Tue 19 Apr, 2005 10:56 am
Try wrote:

a) Is it something that a man can't do sitting down? - He can, but unusual.
b) A woman can't do standing up? - No, as easy standing as sitting.
c) A dog can only do on three legs? - It can be done on 2 and 3 legs. But, never on 1 or 4.

Embarrassed [size=7]I should go to church! But then again...your the one writing them. [/size] Laughing
0 Replies

markr

Reply Tue 19 Apr, 2005 02:44 pm
shake hands (paw)
0 Replies