Tavis Smiley Forum: “America’s Next Chapter”

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2011 03:17 pm
This was excellent. I've listened to the whole thing twice tonight and want to hear it at least one more time. Wide range of perspectives, opinions and ideas, all thoughtfully expressed and respectfully received by participants and audience. Job well done by Tavis Smiley and panel.

Quote:
"Is There a Brighter Future for the Next Generation?"
C-SPAN
American Talk Show Host Tavis Smiley moderated a panel discussion titled “America’s Next Chapter,” in Washington D.C. this evening. The forum focused on the future challenges facing America, including energy independence, job creation, the economy as well as education and health care reform.

Notable speakers included Cornel West, Dana Milbank of the Washington Post, Arianna Huffington, CNBC’s Maria Bartiromo, former presidential speech writer David Frum and others. The George Washington University in Washington, DC hosted this event.

Yesterday, Mr. Smiley discussed issues facing the next generation, such as education and joblessness on C SPAN’s Washington Journal. He also talked about the Tucson, Arizona shooting that killed six people and injured Representative Gabrielle Giffords (D-AZ), along with 13 others.

Here's a link to the video of the 3-hour long discussion. That, in itself is a rarity these days. We're lucky to have 3-minute discussions on television.

http://www.c-span.org/Events/Is-There-a-Brighter-Future-for-the-Next-Generation/10737418885-1/

Would love to be able to discuss the many subjects of the forum with others who watched it.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 4 • Views: 1,808 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Butrflynet

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2011 03:22 pm
@Butrflynet,
Here's a 30-minute interview and Q&A with Smiley after the forum that gives a good synopsis of some of the subjects that were covered:

http://www.c-span.org/Events/Is-There-a-Brighter-Future-for-the-Next-Generation/10737418885-2/
0 Replies

failures art

Reply Sat 15 Jan, 2011 12:02 am
As soon as I get the time, I will watch this.
R
T
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Sat 15 Jan, 2011 01:49 pm
Me too.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Fri 8 Apr, 2011 05:31 pm
Missed this when you posted it. Marking it to bring it up again and to look into this myself.
0 Replies