liberals eat Matzos

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 15 Jan, 2011 02:04 pm
Sarah is just retooling for the coming struggle. Patriot that she is, she is set to step into Ronald Reagan's shoes.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 15 Jan, 2011 06:04 pm
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:

ooohh

you just reminded me to buy some matzos.

I have some blueberries, and they taste great on matzos, with peanut butter

Thanks Dys!

I like matzos and blueberries...but that combination sounds remarkably like an abomination.
chai2

Reply Sat 15 Jan, 2011 06:39 pm
@dlowan,
mmmm....yummmmm....no, it's very good.

I put on a thin skim of peanut butter, enough to "glue" a handful of blueberries in place.

Then again, I ususally put blueberries in place of the jelly in a peanut butter and jelly sammich.

Is peanut butter regularly eaten in Oz?

BTW, interesting experience at the store today.
I went to buy a box of matzos (Manischewitz). I had to go over to the tiny ethnic section of the store, since it's not Passover. Then, there's big displays of matzos. Well, at least at the store that's close to work, a lot of Jews live around there.
Anyway, the box, while marked pareve, also says "not for passover" on it.

Confused Confused Confused

I just looked this up on the interweb, and it was kinda difficult to get a straight answer.
One reasoning is that this matzo might have egg in it. I looked at the ingredients. Nope, just wheat flour and water.
The best I can make out, because it's not Passover, it wasn't made under the strictest supervision, so can't be called fit for Passover.
There was one other brand being sold, and it said it wasn't for Passover either.

You learn something new every day.
tsarstepan

Reply Sat 15 Jan, 2011 06:42 pm
This political advert is now inhabiting the bottom of the thread:
http://i55.tinypic.com/xanwbd.jpg
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Sat 15 Jan, 2011 07:12 pm
Someone's trying to spay Albany? What do the Albanians think of that?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 15 Jan, 2011 07:30 pm
@chai2,
I think I need to get some matzo ball mix - haven't had chicken soup with matzo balls since the eighties.
ragnel

Reply Sat 15 Jan, 2011 08:08 pm
@chai2,
Chai2 asked if peanut butter was regularly eaten in Oz.

It would probably come in second to the big V; however not normally with anything else.

Maybe more are having jam (jelly) with their pb these days since exposure to American culture is so full on, but from what I can gather it is not that common here. Slices of banana go well, as do dates.
tsarstepan

Reply Sat 15 Jan, 2011 08:29 pm
@ragnel,
Quote:
Slices of banana go well, as do dates.

At least bananas are a quite common element that mingles with peanut butter here in the states.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sat 15 Jan, 2011 09:37 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

I think I need to get some matzo ball mix - haven't had chicken soup with matzo balls since the eighties.

Last time I made some (from a mix too) was maybe 2 months ago.

Good stuff
Rockhead

Reply Sat 15 Jan, 2011 09:40 pm
@chai2,
I prefer my bread leavened.

there's a little bit of jesus in every slice, you know...
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sat 15 Jan, 2011 09:48 pm
@ragnel,
ragnel wrote:

Chai2 asked if peanut butter was regularly eaten in Oz.

It would probably come in second to the big V; however not normally with anything else.

Maybe more are having jam (jelly) with their pb these days since exposure to American culture is so full on, but from what I can gather it is not that common here. Slices of banana go well, as do dates.

I like p-butter in various things.

In oatmeal or breakfast quinoa
On apple slices, as well as smeared on a banana. I don't like banana with bread though.

Now, don't laugh, but when I was a kid, I used to love putting peanut butter, jelly and shrimp salad on a cracker. When I was a young adult, that somehow came up in conversation with another woman. She gasped and said "I did that too!" She came from an entirely different part of the country.

Years ago, I had a bf who didn't come home from work until midnight. One night I woke up, and it was 2am. I heard the tv on downstairs, so went down there. He was eating something, and looked suddenly embarrassed, like he had been caught at something.
"What's that?" I asked.
It was a combination of something like bread, p-butter, ice cream, raisins (I think) and a couple of other things.
He told me he'd enjoyed eating this once in a while since he was a kid, but always did it in private, because it was such a weird combo.
I told him that if he liked it, he didn't have to hide it, everyone likes something weird.
After that, he would make that goopy mess every month or so, and eat it right in front of me.
Joe Nation

Reply Sun 16 Jan, 2011 10:00 am
@chai2,
You were a good girlfriend to that guy.
=
I can only eat matzo that's been softened and mixed into scrambled eggs.
Order it at Ben's in the Fashion District (38th Street)
No. It's not on the menu.
Joe(Just order it.)Nation
0 Replies