Setanta

Reply Wed 12 Jan, 2011 12:53 pm
By the way, FM, according to this page from the Univesrity of South Florida, Florida troops seized Federal installations before the state had seceded from the union.

Quote:
State Troops seize Arsenal and Forts A few days before Florida seceded, the Quincy Guards seized the United States arsenal on the Apalachicola, with a good supply of arms and ammunition. On the next day Fort Marion at St. Augustine surrendered to the State troops without making any resistance. About the same time the navy yard, Fort Barraneas, and Fort McRae near Pensacola were seized. But Fort Pickens on Santa Rosa Island, commanding the harbor of Pensacola, was still held by the United States troops; also the forts at Key West and the Tortugas.
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Wed 12 Jan, 2011 01:31 pm
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

What happened in this country back then is correctly called the war between the states.
The Northern states invested in mechanized factories, the Southern states stuck with physical labor and had few factories.
The Northern states stopped using slave labor, the Southern states did not.
The Northern states instructed the Southern states to follow their lead, they refused... the war between the states was on.

You are incorrect, but I am not just going to give you the correct answer... You are trying to simplify a very complex problem and one that goes to the very foundation of this country and the economy of capitalism... It is easy to see that you simply do not get it; but I do not wish to give offense to you... Like it or not, if we are ever going to have a union the two of us are going to have to find some common ground; so keep looking; please...
0 Replies

mags314772

Reply Wed 12 Jan, 2011 01:33 pm
how did this get so off topic?
Fido

Reply Wed 12 Jan, 2011 01:35 pm
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

The system and all of the gun laws in place was sabotaged by humans.
Somebody, everybody failed to recognize, document and follow this guy.
That much is true; and until some one outright breaks the law they may be considered no more nutty than H2O.... And that can be as nutty as squirrel ****; because nutty is not against the law... They would need a pen as big as Arizona to lock up all the nuts in this country anyway, and there would go the republican party... And, Like Lincoln said about the skunks, If one puts up too big a stink, you are inclined to let the rest go...
ehBeth

Reply Wed 12 Jan, 2011 01:41 pm
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:
Somebody, everybody failed to recognize, document and follow this guy.

who would do the recognizing/documenting/following?
mags314772

Reply Wed 12 Jan, 2011 01:42 pm
@Fido,
I wonder, as this story continues to unfold, if we will discover why this young man's parents didn't get him some mental health assistance, or why he wasn't referred to some campus mental health office when he was thrown out of class for being overtly threatening
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 12 Jan, 2011 02:00 pm
@H2O MAN,
I suppose you gentlemen are referring to The War of Yankee Agression.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 12 Jan, 2011 02:22 pm
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:
Palin said:

"If you don't like a person's vision for the country, you're free to debate that vision. If you don't like their ideas, you're free to propose better ideas. But, especially within hours of a tragedy unfolding, journalists and pundits should not manufacture a blood libel that serves only to incite the very hatred and violence they purport to condemn. That is reprehensible,"

The leftists just wanna get as much
blood drenched political mileage,
to reduce American freedom, as thay possibly CAN,
before the hysteria subsides.

To leftists, Individual freedom is anathema.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 12 Jan, 2011 02:59 pm
@roger,
Stirrin' the turd there a little, Boss?
roger

Reply Wed 12 Jan, 2011 03:29 pm
@Setanta,
Aw, c'mon.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 12 Jan, 2011 03:55 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
Troops from Florida and Alabama fired on Forts McRae and Barrancas before the Confederate States were organized. Not that mere facts have any bearing on what the waterboy pukes up here.
I was going to spring that on him AFTER he answered the question. I never assumed hed come up with such a lame answer.

"His criteria" for civil war status conferal is Is perhaps his falling into the old chestnut of "The war of Northern Agression".

Im going to say that spurt
DONT KNOW MUCH ABOUT HIST OH REE.
DONT KNOW **** BOUT GE O LOW GEE
DONT KNOW MUCH ABOUT A SCI ENTS BOOK
JUSS SAT AROUN WITH HIS THUMB UP HIS ASS.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 12 Jan, 2011 04:41 pm
@roger,
You're a funny little rat Laughing
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Wed 12 Jan, 2011 05:01 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:

I suppose you gentlemen are referring to The War of Yankee Agression.

Yes, the war between the states can also be called the war of Yankee aggression.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Wed 12 Jan, 2011 05:04 pm
@ehBeth,
Government employees, health officials and whoever he came in contact with.

That left wing hack of a local sheriff missed the red flags surrounding this guy, I think he should resign.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Wed 12 Jan, 2011 05:05 pm
@mags314772,
mags314772 wrote:

how did this get so off topic?

One word: Fido
0 Replies