35 year old guy and tired of being alone.

Squire

Reply Wed 12 Jan, 2011 01:06 am
Some people say they are 35 and single again, I should say I'm 35 and still single. I've never been able to even grab the attention of a single woman in my life. Everytime I open up and show more interest than just a platonic relationship it ends in disaster, it has come to a point that I realy don't want to put myself out there anymore. I have female friends but none that I'm romanticaly inclined towards.

Everytime I do meet somebody that I'm attracted to it ends in dissapointment, friends with them, hanging out with them but the moment I want to become more serious they run for the hills and dissapear from my life for good.

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 3,762 • Replies: 8
No top replies

Wilso

Reply Wed 12 Jan, 2011 03:46 am
Check your private message inbox.
PUNKEY

Reply Wed 12 Jan, 2011 09:08 am
Why do you think that YOU must be attracted to another person?

I have a feeling that there are some women that are attracted to you, but you are not picking up the vibes.

Pause, and listen for a while.

PS Yes, you could use some of the on-line services, but be prepared to pay.
Be sure you are in the environment where you will meet people that have the same social and educational levels as you do.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 12 Jan, 2011 02:14 pm
@Wilso,
When you don't get answer, remember that the OP isn't being rude. New members have restricted PM privilages and probably wasn't even able to see your message
boomerang

Reply Wed 12 Jan, 2011 03:15 pm
Interestingly, I came across this article just this morning, written by a woman who seems to have the same problem as you:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/09/fashion/09Modern.html?pagewanted=1

I think there's someone out there for everyone. Sometimes it just takes a while to find them. Good luck!
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Wed 12 Jan, 2011 04:27 pm
See this poem for some guidelines.

http://www.davidpbrown.co.uk/poetry/oriah-mountain-dreamer.html

Beautiful!!!
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Thu 13 Jan, 2011 06:37 am
@roger,
I can help him solve his problem. Easily. All he has to do is email me at
[email protected]

0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 13 Jan, 2011 07:11 am
@Squire,
Squire- Welcome to A2K! Very Happy

Do you have either a close female (preferably) friend, or if not, an empathic male friend with whom you can confide?

Talk "turkey" with that person. Ask for straight answers. Is it something about you physically that is a turn off for women, is it your approach, or a combination of both? Sometimes people behave in characteristic ways, over and over again, and don't have a clue why people are turned off.

If you don't have a person whom you can trust and feel comfortable about sharing your feelings, you might want to spend a few sessions with a psychologist, counselor, or social worker, who might point you in the right direction.

Once you have an understanding of what is happening, you may be able to make some changes that will make you more attractive to women in terms of having more permanent relationships.

Good luck, and get going. You have nothing to lose, and everything to gain.
0 Replies

crayon851

Reply Sun 16 Jan, 2011 03:09 am
@Squire,
Hey man, have you ever dated or had a girlfriend?

That'd help a lot of us to determine where you stand so we can offer advice accordingly.

You know, relationships aren't all that cracked up to be. You have to share a bed, your tooth brush, it gets hot when you share a bed with another person, you have to hold their hand every where you go, you're restricted from doing certain things, etc. The list goes on!

I've been through 4 in the last year and I'm sick of them to be honest. Single is good, start doing hobbies and things you do. You have no attatchments, you can travel and do whatever you like!

However, if you're really hurting for a relationship. You really need to put yourself out there to meet people! I'm not talking about at work or going to the bars or any of that, try taking up a social hobby or starting a social group! You also need to look at yourself and look at how you compare to other guys who get girls. I'm not talking about how your face looks, but your personality and composure! Being fit also helps too as it boosts your self esteem. Girls like confidence! So if you don't have that build it!

You can't meet someone if you're stuck in the grind doing the same stuff over and over again. I.E wake up go to work, wait till the weekend to grab dinner with friends, go home call it a day and rest up for the next week. You need to seriously do something different. Try hosting a party and tell all your friends to come and tell them to bring friends of theirs too! You're 35! You can still throw a social gathering!

BTW direct honesty with a girl goes a long way! If you find a girl you're interested in, don't just jump the ball and say you want to date them, take it slow and if it turns into something, it turns into something. You also have to be willing to make the move. Sometimes it'll be at the wrong time, but that's just part of the experience!

Oh and stop thinking of it as being lonely! Theres a difference between being alone and being lonely! Right now you're alone and looking for someone!
Anyway best of luck to you!
0 Replies