Should human rights be taken away from someone if they are diagnosed with schizophrenia?

reasoning logic

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2011 07:43 am
@peter jeffrey cobb,
A street artist!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCcc3-uR35M&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJh4EcF_FWE&feature=related
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Sun 5 Jun, 2011 07:29 am
@reasoning logic,
Good stuff there Wink
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Sun 5 Jun, 2011 07:41 am
@peter jeffrey cobb,
Theres alot of ways to express art. Right now I am putting my emotions in writting this jornal of my life. That if it brings any emotion wile you read it. I believe is an art too. The same when a kid turns in an essay to a teacher. It is that kids emotions that flowed into that paper making that papaer art also. Wink But I seriosly should draw again definitly gona get a pad again.
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Thu 9 Jun, 2011 05:51 pm
@peter jeffrey cobb,
Brother send me a ticket to go visit him. Getting ready got mom food and cat food till i get back and brother will help in emergencys. She wears the phone around her neck in case she falls or something. Its only till the 4rth or around there. I have alot of anxiety right now. Well best get ready the plane aint gona wait on me. Ill update soon.
reasoning logic

Reply Thu 9 Jun, 2011 06:08 pm
@peter jeffrey cobb,
Have a safe trip and try to enjoy yourself! Smile
JPB

Reply Sat 11 Jun, 2011 02:44 pm
@peter jeffrey cobb,
Safe travels, Pete. I hope the visit with your brother is working out for you.
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Wed 15 Jun, 2011 01:48 pm
@reasoning logic,
thank you !
0 Replies

peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Wed 15 Jun, 2011 02:17 pm
@JPB,
thank you. I am also now taking diphenhydramine hci 25mg for when I fell like the anxiety is over whelming. I am in a place were traffic and population is minimal in comparison to were I was at. That is helping alot. I have been riding in a car with much less traffic and I am finding it bearble. I still have to dicuss with the doc about taking this new drug for the anxiety. I am not sure what she is gona say about it. I understand that is consired self medicating but is helping alot. I am in daily interaction with my brothers son and it feels good to be called an uncle. Even if its the crazy uncle pete it still gives me a sense of being someone or even having a purpose. My anxiety lvl is down by a good 90% and have been able to do alot of things that were unbearable before. Ill be back home in the first week of july but my brother asked me to move up here in case I have emergencys he would be able to help. My mom is planing on moving to spain with her sister. She would be able to provide alot better companionship that I have been able to. I have been on the phone with her several times a day and she tels me her memory is getting worse she dont remember things like were her car is parked at and she has trouble remembering what city she lives in. My Aunt lives in a Island in spain so she wouldnt be able to get lost for too long there and she would have someone there to go out with. My hygine has gotten better 10fold and My thought proccess seem to be alot clearer most of the time. People down here dont know me as 'the crazy old man' so that takes alot of the anxiety out and I am able to feel more confortable walking outside. So far this vacation from my dark room seems to be doing me alot of good. Please post any coments or questions you (anyone) may have. Thank again and Ill try to update as I have more.
reasoning logic

Reply Wed 15 Jun, 2011 03:20 pm
@peter jeffrey cobb,
Things seem to be going very well for you Peter.
In my opinion if you keep the positive attitude, stay active and get plenty of relaxation time and plenty of sleep you may find that you will continue to do good.
If I am wrong you will at least be well rested with the sleep.lol
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Sun 26 Jun, 2011 06:12 pm
@reasoning logic,
Thank you. Im back in florida now. I feel the same tensions as I did before. My brother invited me to move somewhere close to him. So there would be someone close to me for when emergencies arises. So now we getting mom ready to go move in with her sister. Then the plan is for me to move up to Texas and get a cheap place close by. The low population sure does help and people seem real laid back so its seem like the right thing to do. Meanwhile Im figiting with the Idea of writting a book. With todays software programs hey why not right? Anyways I think this move will be a step in the right direction. The meds work most of the time though I still have times of bad anxiety it is no were near as before. Voices are still my thought proccess but it dont seem to be as overwelming as before. The key is to control anxiety I think. Well Ill keep updating keep posting Thank you again!
reasoning logic

Reply Mon 27 Jun, 2011 01:05 am
@peter jeffrey cobb,
Good to here that you are doing somewhat Ok keep us informed and I hope that you have better days to come, What part of Florida do you live in?
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Mon 27 Jun, 2011 09:14 am
@reasoning logic,
Near Miami about 20 miles outside of it.
Lash

Reply Mon 27 Jun, 2011 09:30 am
@peter jeffrey cobb,
You are so LUCKY! That is one of the most beautiful areas in the world. I have an idea for you. Think about doing some photography. It's a lovely, peaceful and sometimes lucrative hobby. You can get to know your new environment and also learn a skill. I think when you get good at it - you may find other people appreciate your "eye" or the way you see things and how you photograph them. Anyway,...something to think about.
reasoning logic

Reply Mon 27 Jun, 2011 03:35 pm
@Lash,
I like that Idea! I wish I had time to do that I have seen so many inspiring photos. Photos can be really cool if you can get just the right shots and if you can't there is always photo chop to make it happen.

I thought about enhancing old photos and bringing more color to them and so forth but I am retarded in this area, Meaning that I am no where near advanced when it comes to this subject!
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2011 01:04 pm
@peter jeffrey cobb,
I live 50 miles outside of Jacksonville! I have never been to Miami but I am sure that one day I will visit the keys and drive by Miami.

Here is a different type of art used to illustrate ideas.

This person is good and I have seen many of his sketches.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7AWnfFRc7g&feature=related
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Wed 20 Jul, 2011 07:27 pm
@reasoning logic,
cool I like the way the way the clip was presented. jacksonville we practly neighboors. Sorry I take such long streches between writting here sometimes, Please keep posting
High Seas

Reply Wed 20 Jul, 2011 07:30 pm
@peter jeffrey cobb,
Hi Peter - are you still on the same medication? How's your mother? Your brother? Post at your convenience, we're always glad to hear from you Smile
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Wed 20 Jul, 2011 07:39 pm
@High Seas,
Hiyas yes still taking risperidone 1 mill in the morning and 2 mill at night. Mom is ok but her memory about stuff is off. Brother is doing well as far as I can tell. The plan is to get mom to a asisted living or nursing facility near brother then I would move up there. So its not a easy transition for mom but she cant walk one block outside the conde without getting lost. So I believe is the best thing to do. Otherwise Doc Missed work on the day for my app so im waiting for a new one the 28th. Thank you for asking and please keep posting.
High Seas

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2011 01:32 am
@peter jeffrey cobb,
peter jeffrey cobb wrote:

... Thank you for asking and please keep posting.

Your posts are a lot clearer since you started with that medication - it seems to be working for you. For the dosage, we'll have to wait for JPB's opinion, but 3 mg/day sounds standard. Did you get your everyday routine going - washing, cleaning, putting your room in order? Are errands outside getting any easier?

As to new posts here: many more people read than are posting. You can see this from your thread stats - fewer than 300 posts, but almost 5,000 look-ins! I think most people try to do the decent thing - "first, do no harm"! - and don't post so as not to risk worrying you by saying something wrong or confusing.
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2011 12:25 am
@High Seas,
Well if you ever seen the tv show horders. Well thats my living condition. I had a few days were I ve made like 8 or 10 trash bags of stuff and mopped a path in the floor in my room. so its getting better Im not sure how it got to be that bad. I was an iron working runing 5-50 men projects one min then I moved down here and is like all my energy was zapped and all I did is sit on a chair for 5 years or so. Not acomplishing anything. Mom keeps evreything and decades if yard sales and flea market made an impression in the house. I in the beguining atempeted to organize it but then I was just over welmed. We got it down one time when we donaded over 50 full large trash bags of clothes purses shoes and other stuff to trift stores and salvation army. But we still have alot to go. So yes medicine seems to be helping alot in that direction. If you buy stocks I would invest in it. altough I still have a long way to go before I am 100% normal at least im moving towards the right direction. I have anxiety atacks less frequent now. My voices arent overwelming like they once were. I got to go see doc tomorroy and ill report all that. Than you again for posting and sorry it takes me so to check in sometimes. Ill check in again after doc tomorroy to update.