Should human rights be taken away from someone if they are diagnosed with schizophrenia?

peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Mon 16 May, 2011 10:57 pm
@JPB,
Thank you yes I know have triathbee is helping me with reminders now. The delusions semmed to get triggered by anxiety. I was realy bad this morning......Realy bad. I agree I need to see doc and try to figure something out. It was the first time I had to leave a bus cause of anxiety. Dont know maybe hormones being released. I dont know. Triathbee sugested baby steps. I agree back to a little at a time. The problem is that you dont know its a delusion till hinesight. Then its 20/20. Thank you again.
0 Replies

peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Mon 16 May, 2011 11:45 pm
@Lash,
The VA suplies me with medication at the moment. I dont know what a case worker is. I think that was the person behind the desk at the SS officce. I use the VA at the moment so I dont know about the clinic. And yes I agree that was way to stressfull i dont know how much not taking the meds for 24 hours had a effect in this. I am glad that now at least I know when my mind is going like that to wait till im relax and re evaluate evreything so I can thin out the delusions. Unfortunaly you dont know its a delusion wile its happening. Thank You again Smile
Lash

Reply Tue 17 May, 2011 08:14 am
@peter jeffrey cobb,
Maybe you could call the VA, and tell them you need a caseworker or a social worker to explain things to you and help you find services you need.
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Wed 18 May, 2011 08:46 am
@Lash,
Good Idea Ill ask them next time I go up there.
Mean while im still working in cleaning house and getting some physical stamina back. Its slow proggress but never the less is still proggress Very Happy Thank you Smile
High Seas

Reply Wed 18 May, 2011 09:15 am
@peter jeffrey cobb,
Way to go, Peter - you'll certainly feel better once you and your space at home are clean and organized. Your writing has definitely become a whole lot clearer since you started with the new medication; and please don't get discouraged in your search for a part-time job - remember "nothing ventured, nothing gained" Smile
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Wed 18 May, 2011 10:27 pm
@High Seas,
Its a working progress Today I got up with the goal of doing 100 chin ups during the day. i done 60 so far and plan on doing another 40 before going to bed. My Brother the Genius of the family is right again as always. With this disease i seem to have lapses of hevy addicttions to anything weather it be gambling i would have discutions in my head all day long on weather or not to stop. And then one of my voices would say get a drink and I would and the conferance would get louder and drunker and the would say get a strong drink and keep it coming. So this what I decided that qualifies me for an alchoholic so like my brother I will go to AA. The social contact along would do wonders for my symptoms. My next doc appt I ll ask what the doc recomends. Mean while Ill do my last 40 chin ups even if have to do 1 at time before going to bed and take it one day at a time. Thank you guys again yall help to guide me thru this foggy road i sometimes go thru . I can see why addictions are like that I tryed to quit coffe smoking all with no succeess so I ll go to the experts Very Happy And like a wise person recomended to me any proggress is still proggress. Thak you all!!
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Thu 19 May, 2011 03:27 am
@peter jeffrey cobb,
Yays 100 pull ups. Well im gona be sore when I wake up. My occupation I held before involved phisical stamina. Its gona be a long road to were I was before but as long as I keep putting one foot in front of the other. Then Ill keep moving foward. Adrenaline seems to increase some of my symtoms. But if the benefits are getting me out of this decaying situation then its all for the best. I dont want to quit smoking without first consulting with the doc. But meanwile Ill keep working one that next step. Smile
laughoutlood

Reply Thu 19 May, 2011 04:42 am
@peter jeffrey cobb,
Quote:
Yays 100

Success is addictive.

Hiya pjc.
0 Replies

High Seas

Reply Thu 19 May, 2011 05:47 am
@peter jeffrey cobb,
You're right it's a work in progress - trying to do too many things at once isn't advisable for anybody. Take a look at this good article on multitasking:
http://www.fins.com/Finance/Articles/SB130565106681316673/Five-Myths-of-Multitasking?Type=5
Doing one thing at a time works best, because interruptions break our focus - unfortunately your illness means you suffer by more interruptions than most Smile
Quote:
-- Make a detailed list of the individual steps you need to complete to finish a project, so you can spend less time figuring out where you were after an interruption.
0 Replies

triathbee

Reply Wed 25 May, 2011 02:33 pm
@peter jeffrey cobb,
Ok, my son has a genetically related diagnosis to Pete's, and I was reading this article and got all excited so I'll post it to here. =)

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2010/12/06/love-hormone-oxytocin-cure-ills/?cmpid=cmty_email_Gigya_Could_'Love_Hormone'_Oxytocin_Cure_Our_Ills?
JPB

Reply Wed 25 May, 2011 05:26 pm
@triathbee,
Very interesting, indeed. Thanks for bringing it here. I was particularly interested in this point -
Quote:
While oxytocin's effects so far have been subtle rather than drastic, it could still become an important therapy. MacDonald said that most studies have looked at effects on patients after only a single dose. If Prozac, the widely-prescribed antidepressant, were administered that way, its effects would seem more subtle as well, he said.

Many drugs that affect anxiety, depression, mood, etc., require a ramp-up period to reach their maximum effectiveness. It would make sense that oxytocin would be more effective after a ramp-up as well.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Sun 29 May, 2011 08:10 pm
@peter jeffrey cobb,
Peter we all struggle with our problems so please do not think that you are at this alone!

Would you be interested in what I would consider to be other very intellectual schizophrenia people's videos?
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Mon 30 May, 2011 10:32 pm
@reasoning logic,
sure Very Happy
reasoning logic

Reply Tue 31 May, 2011 01:06 am
@peter jeffrey cobb,
Please keep in mind that everyone has a different idea of what is intellectual!

I admire people who are able to share their world with us even though I might not agree with some of their values!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q47ZtLI4Huc&NR=1&feature=fvwp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86-9LTx5d7w&feature=related

Beware! this one has sexy women in it so to speak, Even so he does have a few good points!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-ZZ3mgKjMI&feature=channel_video_title

peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Tue 31 May, 2011 10:57 am
@reasoning logic,
Well I can relate to the anxiety of the first video person. I dont suffer from visual halusinations though. At least I dont think I do. The second video the way the kid described the voices is not how it is for me. For me is a constant back and forth discution. Although sometimes it get realy loud. The third one well highsight maybe 20/20. But during the delusions is not so cut and dry it becomes very hard if not impossible to distinguish comon sense from the delusion. Also these are young people in their 20s im in my 40s. I dint know I had this disease for 35 years of my life. All I knew is that people called me crazzy or "its because he was in saudi". Its not easy to come into grips that youre so different and its a deffect in your brain. I still dont know how this disease operates and I dont know why it has become such a handicap for me. I would have blamed in the nerve agent pills or the nerve agents that were destroyed upwind from me in saudi or the coutless chemicals I was exposed to in my proffession. But doc said that it wasnt so. And I am not a medical proffessional. I did things that are not normal. I left the state without telling family or frieds because I belived God told me to do so. No one knew were I was at for a year. I lived a humble life. I believed God was trying to teach me something so I barely spoke more than a few words for the first 6 months and sleept on the floor. Wow hightsight 20/20. It seems completly nuts as I look back for anyone to do such a thing. But during the delusions its the only thing that you can do. Does that make any sense? Hmmm maybe you have some videos of people my age or older afflicted with this disease? These were good but not realy in my age bracket Or some from inside treatment faciliteis asylums what ever you want to call them? Or maybe if you have access to one the possible parts of the brain that get affected by the disease. Thank so much for posting.
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2011 04:23 pm
@peter jeffrey cobb,
Whent to the doc yesterday and they doubled my medication dosage. I am now taking 1mg in the morning and 2mg at night. My Brother got back in contact with me again I think thats a good thing. So far is early but I seen to forget words and things I did the night before in this new dosage. But I do feel calm now. No anxiety at all. So its doing what its suppose to. The forgetfull part might be temporary I hope. Well Ill report more as I got something or someone got any questions Ill be glad to answer it.
reasoning logic

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2011 04:34 pm
@peter jeffrey cobb,
Good to hear that you are better! Welcome to my world of bad memory and if you knew me well you would agree and this is no joke!

I am still trying to find the videos that you requested but the sad truth is that most of the older men videos are not so up lifting and I choose not to share downers with you, I will keep looking for more up lifting videos.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2011 07:44 pm
Peter do you have artistic skills? Can you draw or paint good? I am just curious because I have seen others that have schizophrenia that can!

That may be a stupid question because I have seen others that do not have schizophrenia that can also paint!
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2011 11:38 pm
@reasoning logic,
Yes I was thinking the same thing. I do have some drawing and artitstic skills its been a wile though. I think I might get me a drawing pad. Thanks for the reminder. Thumbs up on that one Wink
reasoning logic

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2011 07:08 am
@peter jeffrey cobb,
I found this one to be somewhat inspirational!

I do realize that not all people with schizophrenia share all of the same symptoms and that some have it worse than others and that not all people respond the same to treatment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBXzbfYUdSQ
0 Replies