If Christians were treated like Muslims.

Fido

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2011 08:56 am
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

I know, from experience, that many different people
have widely differing opinions qua what thay deem to be libertarianism. I am guided by MINE.
For instance, during the 3rd World War,
many libertarians opposed military conscription.

From that, I dissented,
pointing out that was what the commie enemy 'd wish,
so that thay coud and woud enslave the world, without opposition.

David

You might consider that democracy as a form of social organization is primarily a defense of rights, and that defense is the most effective and efficient method of stratagy as well... We could very well say that the best defense against communism is a happy and prosperous people, and that is no longer the case; so what was the point of all that money and life spent on offense against communism if the end result is communism by default, because of the bankruptcy of this land, and our living hand to mouth out of the generosity of the Chinese Communists... Isn't that weird: Capitalism surviving on the generosity of the communists??? Of course their society does not work... Their people are all uneducated peasants, and their economy is a failure... What you have before you is offense, capitalist offense pretending to be defense of our fundamental values when the only values really desired where monatary... David... You have been had... H A D; had!
OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2011 10:56 am
@Fido,
I find little or no merit in your writing.
Fido

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2011 12:02 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

I have read more than you, and I know more; and you do not want to address the failures of our society and I don't blame you because it is hard work, mind numbing, if you have one... Just consider my friend, that nothing is happening when everyone needs something to happen because all the people like you wanting a return of the good old days is resisted by another on the far side trying to push reality forward to a new dawning of freedom... Your good old days were some ones bad old days without hope or opportunity and they will not go back without the barrel of a gun driving them...
H2O MAN

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2011 01:44 pm
Christians bring home the bacon... what do Muslims do?
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2011 02:14 pm
@Fido,
Fido wrote:

OmSigDAVID wrote:

I have read more than you,[How coud u possibly know what I 've read or know?? U demonstrate mental defect and great tedium.] and I know more; and you do not want to address the failures of our society and I don't blame you because it is hard work, mind numbing, if you have one... Just consider my friend, that nothing is happening when everyone needs something to happen because all the people like you wanting a return of the good old days is resisted by another on the far side trying to push reality forward to a new dawning of freedom... Your good old days were some ones bad old days without hope or opportunity and they will not go back without the barrel of a gun driving them...
Fido

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2011 11:13 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

Fido wrote:

OmSigDAVID wrote:

I have read more than you,[How coud u possibly know what I 've read or know?? U demonstrate mental defect and great tedium.] and I know more; and you do not want to address the failures of our society and I don't blame you because it is hard work, mind numbing, if you have one... Just consider my friend, that nothing is happening when everyone needs something to happen because all the people like you wanting a return of the good old days is resisted by another on the far side trying to push reality forward to a new dawning of freedom... Your good old days were some ones bad old days without hope or opportunity and they will not go back without the barrel of a gun driving them...

I can tell by the labels you paste on yourself and the quality of your reasoning... There is no historical debth to your thought... All of our history is the story of changing forms, and Jefferson talked about it, so it should not be a mystery... And we have the examples of Greece and Rome, just to name two; but if you wanted to name the Anglo Saxons, that would be fair, -as peoples who could not change their forms even while their forms burdened them with injustice and offered them a meaningless existence they could not soon enough get over... In addition, we have countless examples of peoples who could not change their forms to adapt to quickly changing circumstances, and we have examples of societies, like our own, that could throw off old forms, and take on new forms rather than be destroyed, -by revolution... Your label of individualist says it all... You look at individuals as the solution and the problem... What ever you think the problem is, we are both victims of the same forms, and if we do not remake them in a new form through revolution then we are done for... We are already slaves, and we celebrate the fourth of July as slaves... It is time for a new birth of freedom, but you are an impediment to that since you think some THEY is the problem... Look at yourself... Think about the future and what you would give to have a future with some hope and promise..
0 Replies

NonPCBill

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2011 10:55 pm
I would like to have a beer with both of you, but I would not want to see a fight.You both are obviously smart and try to say what you really feel. i admire that, ALOT. I consider myself smart but some of sigdavids words definitions are unknown to me.I wish you would define them for me . I may join this site
0 Replies

NonPCBill

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2011 11:37 pm
I've read your whole thread and am a bit overwhelmed right now. Also I am new to this .So here it goes.. I respect everyone until they give me a reason not to.No matter what group they belong to. I do remember Oklahoma city and he was a terrorist . Killing another person for any reason is usually a reaction. Premeditated murder is an action as is mass murder.That to me is terrorism.
Fido

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2011 11:50 pm
@NonPCBill,
You are correct... We do not need a reason to disrespect anyone... We need a good reason to disrespect anyone... People should not have to earn respect... Respect should be granted as a necessity for all people, the advance of justice to them out of faith, and trust... Disrespect should be earned, and deserved before it is expressed or acted upon... Then, one must distinguish whether one is disrespecting the person or the culture he represents... I tend to disrespect certain cultures, and yet try to relate to people as people, giving all respect as due until I learn better... But, regardless, I usually keep my guard up, and fully trust only my love and a few close friends...
Butrflynet

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2011 11:53 pm
@NonPCBill,
Welcome to A2K, NonPCBill.

Fido

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2011 12:14 am
@Fido,
Fido wrote:

You are correct... We do not need a reason to respect anyone... We need a good reason to disrespect anyone... People should not have to earn respect... Respect should be granted as a necessity for all people, the advance of justice to them out of faith, and trust... Disrespect should be earned, and deserved before it is expressed or acted upon... Then, one must distinguish whether one is disrespecting the person or the culture he represents... I tend to disrespect certain cultures, and yet try to relate to people as people, giving all respect as due until I learn better... But, regardless, I usually keep my guard up, and fully trust only my love and a few close friends...

Correction of earlier post.. Thanks
0 Replies

NonPCBill

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2011 12:37 am
@OmSigDAVID,
So you have read more than most. Does that make you better? You seem to be saying that. Books are opinions, are they not? Facts are changed and people accept them as truth. That said, I did consider what you have written and I think the blame game is much of the reason why we are where we are.
0 Replies

NonPCBill

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2011 12:40 am
@Butrflynet,
Thanks Butrflynet.
0 Replies