how do I feel about him??

Reply Wed 29 Dec, 2010 08:57 pm
about a month ago, I went through a bad breakup and I'm over that guy. when we broke up, one of my other guy friends really helped me through it. he is a former boyfriend of mine, and we started talking a lot latly and I think I really really like him and maybe even love him, he has told me that he loves and I have told him that I really really like him but I dont want to go out with him again but he wants to go out with me. I dont want to go out with him again because none of my friends really like him that much and neither does my sister or my perents. we got into a fight two days ago and havnt talked much since, but I can't stop thinking about him and I'm just really confused and everything, I know this isnt really in the form of a question, I just need some advice and stuff. thanks a bunch!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 5 • Views: 1,028 • Replies: 8
No top replies

jcboy

Reply Wed 29 Dec, 2010 09:14 pm
So you went throught a really bad breakup just a month ago and now you really found someoen you really like? And you just want some advise and stuff. Well how about wait until you finish puberty or just ask your parents?
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Wed 29 Dec, 2010 09:17 pm
@won-der-ing,
Why do your friends and family dislike him?
won-der-ing

Reply Wed 29 Dec, 2010 11:41 pm
@Green Witch,
my close friends dislike him because one of my best friends went out with him after I did the first time and she thought he cheated on her but I dont think he did and my sister doesnt like him cause she thinks he's annoying, I dont know why my perents dont like him
vikorr

Reply Thu 30 Dec, 2010 07:54 am
@won-der-ing,
One of the golden rules of dating is 'don't date your friends ex's'. Or should I say, only date their ex's if you don't value their friendship (in which case they weren't a friend) and you are prepared for them to dislike you. Note : it may not always work out that way, but if it does (and it often does), the person doing so has no one to blame but themselves.

I'd ask your parent why they don't like him. It may help you make up your mind what to do.

I'd also consider why you broke up with him in the first place, and whether anything has actually changed.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 30 Dec, 2010 09:08 am
@won-der-ing,
I think it's important that when the people who know you best don't like a boyfriend you need to examine that. They may have the clarity to see something you don't see. I also think when you have big doubts about someone it's your intuition trying to warn you. I've found my best relationships have been with people I felt good about right from the start, not just a physical attraction, but a deeper feeling that we are compatible and can make each other happy. Do you think this guy would be considerate of your feelings, respect you and at least try and bring good things into your life? What does his past tell you about who he is? People don't tend to change much, but rather they repeat patterns over and over.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Thu 30 Dec, 2010 12:14 pm
Why are you going backwards????
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Wed 5 Jan, 2011 05:52 pm
@won-der-ing,
Once upon a time, about 10 years ago, there was a boy that I felt the same way for. He made me feel amazing and I knew I loved him. However my parents, family and friends all disliked him. In reality he treated girls like crap, I thought I was lucky because he loved me and it was different. I was just not ready to step back and see the truth... our love, though amazing in feeling, hurt me more in the end than anything,
Flashforward 10 years. I've married a wonderful man and have two children. That boy I once loved, will always love, he hasn't changed. He is married, cheats on his wife, drinks, and can't hold a job for more than a month,

Sometimes the people around you are more right than you realize and they love you enough to try and help you out. So try taking a step back and look outside your feelings for him... is he worth it?
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2011 04:19 am
@won-der-ing,
Asking:
"how do I feel about him??" is a lot like asking:
"Do I have a headache? Please tell me if I do."

The answer is subjective.
0 Replies