How to lose weight fast please advice?

Reply Tue 28 Dec, 2010 11:57 pm
I have been eating alot of chocolates now days,so I feel my hipes have become a bite heavy also I am growing love handle its freaking me out,does anyone have any advice how to lose weight fast as I wish to maintain my figure...
Thanks in advance.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,431 • Replies: 1
No top replies

jespah

Reply Wed 29 Dec, 2010 06:57 am
@dithsoucy,
Well, start by laying off the chocolates.

Seriously.

Chocolate isn't a bad food (and dark chocolate actually has some benefits), but consider yourself as having a calorie bank every day. Try a calculator like this: http://www.exrx.net/Calculators/CalRequire.html

Calculate how many calories you need to expend in order to maintain. Then consider that 3500 calories = 1 pound (it's not perfect as salt can cause water retention even if you're not intaking as many calories, but we'll consider that as being gospel for now for simplicity's sake). Therefore, if you can maintain a 500 calorie deficit every day for a week, in theory, you should lose a pound.

That amount is a very safe and reasonable amount to lose, and it is a sustainable rate. I have lost more, and I have lost far less (and also gained!) even when attempting to make these sorts of caloric deficit adjustments. It's not a perfect system, but it is doable and workable -- and I've lost 140 lbs. over the course of the past 3 years.

Now, about the foods that compose your calories for the day (let's say you are aiming for 2,000 calories -- this is for simplicity's sake as I have no idea what you want to do). Chocolate is lovely but it has few nutrients in it. You need protein, carbohydrates (yes, you do), fat (yes, you really do), calcium, iron, vitamins, etc. You also need to maintain something of a feeling of fullness (satiety) in order to be able to resist temptation. That feeling of fullness often comes with fiber and from less calorically dense foods. Surprise, surprise, these tend to be fruits and vegetables, and whole grains. Here's some information on nutritional requirements: http://www.merckmanuals.com/professional/sec01/ch001/ch001a.html#BABFCEFH

Oh and if you want an online diet program that works (and I don't make any $$ whatsoever for mentioning them, I just love them and they work not only for me but for over a million people, including at least one A2Ker I know of), go to: www.sparkpeople.com

And don't starve yourself! It's unhealthy, unpleasant and not sustainable.

Weight loss isn't fast, but it's better if it's permanent, rather than fast, yes?
0 Replies