Should i IM her on AIM?

Reply Tue 28 Dec, 2010 02:20 pm
In 6th grade this girl was in my English class and she used to always talk to me and ask me questions. But i always answered back with one word answers and my face would turn red and i would be blushing. Then after a while,she just stopped asking me questions(probably because i was so shy). But i loved her and thought she was so pretty. In late 7th grade, one of my friends gave me her AIM account and I sent her an instant message saying "who is this?" even though i knew who it was. Then she said "who is this?" and i replied telling her it was me. Then she said "oh" and the converstion ended. I did not IM her and she did not IM me after that conversation.Now i am in 8th grade but she is not in any of my classes. I see her occasionaly in the hallways and when I do, we both walk by each other without saying anything.I am now in 8th grade and didnt see her at all in 7th grade. I really want to become friends wih her. Should I instant message her? If so, then what should I say? Or should I make a status message that she could see?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 879 • Replies: 6
No top replies

jespah

Reply Tue 28 Dec, 2010 02:59 pm
@john50cent,
I dunno, how's talking to her in person sound?
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 28 Dec, 2010 03:31 pm
@john50cent,
You sent her an instant message saying "Who is this?"? It's surprising you got any answer.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Tue 28 Dec, 2010 03:39 pm
@john50cent,
Why not take the simple route and talk to her in person. First settle your nerves. She won't bite you. Just don't freak her out. Keep it real. after all, if you act friendly, you may find you have a new friend. Keep the fantasy out of this interaction.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 28 Dec, 2010 03:47 pm
or, if talking to her in person just feels weird, just write her and SAY just that.

say hey, i really wanted to say hi to you and say sorry for being so quiet when we messaged before. I was just shy with you. I wanted to say ____ blah blah what ever______ " and see if the conversation goes from there.

she may NOT want to talk to you BECAUSE of the way you messaged before. One word answers over and over can make someone feel like they are bothering you and thats why you wont write any more.

just tell her that. be completely honest.
THEN... if she stops talking, you know thats where it should end.

but explain yourself first because, remember.. she doesnt KNOW thats what was happening..
0 Replies

won-der-ing

Reply Wed 29 Dec, 2010 09:09 pm
what I think you should do is IM her and say who you are and tell her you would like to start talking again and just be you and if she doesnt like you or if she doesnt reply then it is what it is, and its probably ment to be.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Mon 3 Jan, 2011 08:01 am
How about:
What's up? Haven't talked to you in a long time.
0 Replies