Post Christmas Day Sales

Linkat

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2010 08:04 am
So do you participate in Post Christmas Day sales? What are your favorite items to buy? In your opinion where/what are the best sales?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 5 • Views: 1,890 • Replies: 12
No top replies

djjd62

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2010 08:06 am
@Linkat,
if i get gift cards and the weather is good, i'll go out, but that's about it

books and music/movies is mostly what i go for
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2010 08:49 am
Boxing Day (the fest of St. Stephen, December 26) are such a success in Canada, that they now advertise Boxing Week sales. It's a good time to buy clothing, because the retailers want to clear their stock for the spring line.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2010 09:24 am
Not sure if this is true - but I've heard that this year the retailers are having better sales before Christmas and after Christmas are going to increase prices as everyone will be out using their gift cards.

I like to buy the Christmas M&Ms - I love M&Ms and after Christmas (or any holiday) they have the packaged M&Ms for the holiday marked way down. So you buy a two pound bag for less than a single sized bag. The only difference is the color of the M&Ms.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2010 09:42 am
I usually wait until after new year's day when the kids are back in school and people are back to work since it seems prices really go down as shops try to clear out inventory that didn't sell over the holidays.

I tend to buy housewares. Cooking things, blankets, that sort of thing.
ehBeth

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2010 11:15 am
@boomerang,
Candy for the fella, and dog treats. There's a store here called HomeSense - it's part of the TJ Maxx group - they clear their seasonal dog treats out on Boxing Day - stuff that was $10 - $20 will be $ 1 - $3.

I used to always go to the Reebok/Rockport outlet on Boxing Day as well, but there isn't one really close to me here. Awesome awesome sales on really really good shoes and sporting gear. I got $200+ golf shoes for $10 one year (and the second pair was 1/2 price - so $400 of golf shoes for $15 - works for me).
Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2010 11:20 am
Went to the Gap on the day after Christmas for the last 3 years running. They always have great sales going, especially on jeans.

Last year I got 4 pairs of blue jeans for about 50 bucks.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2010 11:21 am
@ehBeth,
I appreciate the candy . . . but i'm gettin' kinda tired of them dog treats . . . they smell funny . . .
ehBeth

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2010 11:23 am
@Setanta,
uh oh

( I wonder what the return policy is ... unless you have a friend or two you could offer them to?)
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2010 11:28 am
@boomerang,
I used to and sometimes still do - take off New Year's Eve from work and go out and shop for myself. My birthday is New Year's Day and this was always a present to myself - more so when I was young and single. To a less of a degree now.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2010 11:28 am
@ehBeth,
Great thought - I have a reebok outlet not far from me.
ehBeth

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2010 11:31 am
@Linkat,
If there's an opportunity to do so - get on their mailing list - they have really good friends and family sales where they email you extra coupons. I usually don't like being on store email lists - but Reebok is my big exception.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2010 11:41 am
@ehBeth,
love homesense, great jams and and jellies from the UK
0 Replies