Me or the children?

Nancy88

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2010 09:27 pm
As a lifelong urban dweller, I welcomed the chance to introduce children to nature as a source of pleasure and curiosity for years to come.
In this sentence, "as a source of pleasure and curiosity", what does the author mean? A source of pleasure and curiosity for me or for the children?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 393 • Replies: 2
No top replies

talk72000

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2010 09:32 pm
@Nancy88,
Quote:
curiosity for years to come

The clue shows it is the kids.
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2010 10:09 pm
@Nancy88,
Nancy88 wrote:

As a lifelong urban dweller, I welcomed the chance to introduce children to nature as a source of pleasure and curiosity for years to come.
In this sentence, "as a source of pleasure and curiosity", what does the author mean? A source of pleasure and curiosity for me or for the children?

Primarily for the children, but speaking as a parent, you never see it as you once saw it until you see it through the eyes of your children, as if for the first time... We forget how beautiful it all is... We think it has to serve some purpose, or that it has to jump out and do a little dance followed by a commercial...

No... Just look closely... Look at how everything is put together... Do you think a bee cares if he is supping a rose or a dandelion??? Look at it with his little diamond eyes and see for yourself...
0 Replies