@roger,
Most likely a hippie teacher all psychedelic. Idea Mr. Green
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Fri 24 Dec, 2010 02:16 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:

contrex wrote:

If this has been provided as teaching material, then it is very poor.

This is something to worry about from another standpoint. If this is teaching material for a class, it isn't really helpful to just say it's poor writing and should be ignored. The poor student may not have the option of ignoring it.

This is what was in my mind when I wrote that remark. You will note that I actually wrote that it was very poor teaching material. I did not write that it was "poor writing". It is very much worse than that. I hope that the original poster is not paying much for these lessons.

JTT

Reply Fri 24 Dec, 2010 02:46 pm
@contrex,
One really never knows what you have in your mind, C.

If you had been a real English teacher you'd know that students have to be exposed to all registers of language. They not only have to comprehend, they also have to function at each level.

There's been an awful lot of whining about this writing but no one has mentioned anything specifically.
contrex

Reply Fri 24 Dec, 2010 03:10 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:
If you had been a real English teacher

Ouch! JTT, is this the best you can do? You vain, pathetic troll.

Anyhow, if I wrote "this is poor teaching material" I take it ill to be accused of merely saying "this is poorly written".
JTT

Reply Fri 24 Dec, 2010 03:16 pm
@contrex,
Once again, you fail to address the issue, C.

[How do you see these posts when you've place me on "Ignore"?]

Quote:
Anyhow, if I wrote "this is poor teaching material" I take it ill to be accused of merely saying "this is poorly written".

Is this poorly written?

contrex

Reply Fri 24 Dec, 2010 05:58 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:
[How do you see these posts when you've place me on "Ignore"?

I un-ignored you.

Quote:

Quote:
Is this poorly written?

It lacks a comma, but I don't think you will find much else wrong with it. Is it the somewhat idiomatic and old-fashioned "take it ill" you are objecting to?

0 Replies