That was pretty good. Laughing

Like you, I have sensitive feelings.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2011 02:14 pm
@georgeob1,
georgeob1 wrote:

That was pretty good. Laughing

Like you, I have sensitive feelings.

Boehner really opens himself up to these jokes with his repeated waterworks. Once or twice I could understand. But I've seen the dude break into tears like 8 times now.

It's all in good fun. I actually don't think Boehner is all that bad of a guy - he's a transparent liar about political stuff, like pretty much every other elected Republican, but he doesn't have that edge of personal acrimony that so many others in the current House leadership do.

Cycloptichorn
georgeob1

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2011 02:22 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Do you prefer the doctrinaire liars of the progressive movement who cloak their deceptions in an already discredited doctrine of class struggle and wish to apply them in the most socially and economically mobile society in the world?
Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2011 02:36 pm
@georgeob1,
georgeob1 wrote:

Do you prefer the doctrinaire liars of the progressive movement who cloak their deceptions in an already discredited doctrine of class struggle and wish to apply them in the most socially and economically mobile society in the world?

Nah, I reject that characterization outright.

One of the differences in this - again - is the fact that I can point out list after list of lies that the Republican leadership spouts off. Not points of view; out and out lies about facts. They do it on a regular basis.

Cycloptichorn
engineer

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2011 02:36 pm
Ms. Magazine declares Pelosi most effective speaker ever and takes a shot at Time and Newsweek for pasting Boener all over their covers but ignoring Pelosi.

http://www.msmagazine.com/winter2011/images/Winter2011_500.jpg
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2011 02:57 pm
@engineer,
Time and Newsweek were the most racially bigoted magazines during WWII. It's not surprising they ignored Pelosi.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2011 07:08 pm
@engineer,
Twisted Evil Drunk
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2011 02:29 pm
@georgeob1,
It is amusing for you to allege that the left consists of liars. This is especially so when considering all the really big lies from the right, as well as from yourself.
H2O MAN

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2011 02:30 pm
@Advocate,
You lie!

Laughing

0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2011 02:37 pm
@Advocate,
I don't think they ever heard of death panels, government takeover of health care, loss of jobs from ObamaCare, or the OMB's report that it'll cost over $200 billion if ObamaCare is repealed. They (conservatives) just haven't provided any proof for their claims to the contrary. They only make accusations and false claims.

The biggest lie they continue to perpetuate is that the GW Bush tax cuts (that was back in 2001 and 2002) will create jobs. We're still waiting on that one - except for the fact that most financial experts agree that Obama's Stim Bill actually lessened the impact of GW Bush's Great Recession.

As for job growth, that isn't going to happen for many years. When I say job growth, I mean 200,000 jobs created every month for as many years as it takes until our current demand and unemployed find jobs.
BillW

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2011 02:44 pm
@cicerone imposter,
[img]They (conservatives) just haven't provided any proof for their claims to the contrary. They only make accusations and false claims. [/img]

This is precident setting, it has been on going for 11 years straight. They are the party of "NO" for a reason. Unable to think - they get Lobby's to do their thinking and write their bills. They can't think on their own........
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2011 02:45 pm
@BillW,
That's because its worth a lot of money in their own pockets.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2011 03:30 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:

One of the differences in this - again - is the fact that I can point out list after list of lies that the Republican leadership spouts off. Not points of view; out and out lies about facts. They do it on a regular basis.

Cycloptichorn

Do you believe "they" produce more lies than their Democrat counterparts? Do you have evidence to support this proposition? My experience of life tells me that the propensity to deception among individuals and political leaders is more or less independent of political viewpoints. I think most serious people would find proof of a real difference very interesting.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2011 03:40 pm
@georgeob1,
That would depend on what is said and why they say it, and the impact it has on our society.
georgeob1

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2011 04:09 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

That would depend on what is said and why they say it, and the impact it has on our society.

What exactly would depend on those things?

I commented only on the relative frequency of deception. Am I correct in inferring that you believe the lies of one side are more justifiable than the other? (I suspect that is the usual justification offered by liars on both sides. Ultimately the resolution depends on competing differences between perceptions of the public good.)

In any event it is beside the point: Cyclo said the Republicans lie much more, and I have asked for his proof.
Lash

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2011 04:12 pm
@Advocate,
Jesus Harold Christ.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2011 04:13 pm
@BillW,
What a maroon. What a fruit basket turn over.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2011 04:16 pm
@georgeob1,
Repeating death panels by conservatives is much different than what any liberal may have said. If you have proof to the contrary, I would love to see it, because I'm not aware of any.
georgeob1

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2011 04:19 pm
@cicerone imposter,
In what way is it "different" ? Contrast it with "If you like your current Health insurance, you can keep it" - said of a law which put several insurers out of business and which, for all practical purposes, ended wide classes of coverage across the industry.