Relationship Problem

lisa g

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2010 06:41 am
I have been with my live-in boyfriend for five years now. The first two years was great. We had respect, kindness, love and trust for one another. The next three years we began losing it all. We love eachother, but I would say, we lost what we had, about seventy-five percent. We each have different issues with one another. My issues with him are: I sense that he lies to me about a variety of small things. But, a lie is a lie. Now I find my self not trusting him or not believing alot of things he tells me when I ask him a question about something. When he has a problem with me, he wont tell me. I can tell by his actions that there is something bothering hime and so I have to get it out of him. He says that I get mad when he tries to talk to me about it. Theres other things wrong with our relationship but it would take to long to explain. How can I trust him again? How can I get him to talk to me when somethings bothering him without me having to pry it out of him or guess what it is? I want us to be happy again. But I'm not even sure what he really wants. How do I start a conversation with him. to discuss how i'm feeling and whats really going on with him about if he still wants to make this work? Help! I feel so lost with him I don't know where to begin!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 528 • Replies: 2
No top replies

PUNKEY

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2010 07:37 am
Keep it simple:

Just say" "When you lie to me, it does something to our relationship. Please don't lie to me again."

"When you act like that, I know something is bothering you. I wish you would share with me what it is that is making you act like that. It makes me feel far away from you."

##################

Now - having said that, I must caution you that your fella is his own man and you don't need to know EVERY thought in his head.

What kind of lies does he tell? Do these lies really affect your relationship?

How does he get when he has something on his mind? Is he abusive? Distant and distracted? Maybe he needs to figure out these issues on his own.

0 Replies

spidergal

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2010 12:40 pm
I'm not entirely sure what is it that is the problem, but I'll take a shot at this.

Are you absolutely sure about the lying? Maybe you're over analyzing. But if he's really lying - and lying a lot - then there's a huge problem with him, and the best course for you would be to get out of this relationship.

About sharing problems, maybe he's just a very private person and likes to work things out in his head. I'm that sort of person, and I often cut everyone out to mull over life's issues - not the best thing to do, but some of us are just drawn that way.

I think like Punkey said you need to confront him about the lies first thing. Honesty is the single essential thing in a relationship, and if there are lies, it wouldn't last.
0 Replies