eoe

Reply Thu 18 Dec, 2003 10:41 pm
Somehow I knew that the wok you mentioned earlier was not a traditional wok but something yall put together. Laughing
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Thu 18 Dec, 2003 10:45 pm
LOL.....EOE.....want me to send you some biscuits? Big ole fluffy cathead biscuits and some red eye gravy?

We used to fight over my mothers biscuits growing up. lol....Now my sons fight over mine, especially if I make Beer Biscuits. They think they are really getting some alcohol out of them. Its cute.....

And yeah.....nothing makes a barBque better than adding beer to any marinade! We even put it in our hushpuppies....

Cav.....should I order you some Prime Black Angus? Cut and wrapped it was a 1.50 a pound, any cut...and delivered. lol
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Thu 18 Dec, 2003 10:46 pm
LOL.....EOE.....want me to send you some biscuits? Big ole fluffy cathead biscuits and some red eye gravy?

We used to fight over my mothers biscuits growing up. lol....Now my sons fight over mine, especially if I make Beer Biscuits. They think they are really getting some alcohol out of them. Its cute.....

And yeah.....nothing makes a barBque better than adding beer to any marinade! We even put it in our hushpuppies....

Cav.....should I order you some Prime Black Angus? Cut and wrapped it was a 1.50 a pound, any cut...and delivered. lol
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Thu 18 Dec, 2003 10:50 pm
Dang....double posted. How do I do that? lol

Eoe.....ya, leave it to use hillbillies to see something useful out of an old tractor disc. lol You oughta see what we use to cook over an open fire. lol, its strecthed metal....with legs on it. Give me some Iron Skillets and I can have a feast whooped together in an hour. lol
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Thu 18 Dec, 2003 10:51 pm
Tell me, do you use a traditional bar-b-cue grill or one of those pit contraptions made out of a barrel?
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Thu 18 Dec, 2003 11:07 pm
Its a piece of stretched metal grating that is approx. 4foot by 5 foot. Stands about 2...maybe 2 1/2 foot tall. We use hickory for our camp fires mostly. And it just sits across the top of the fire....it works wonderful. If you want to lower the temp, because something is cooking to fast, just move it to the cooler side...lol.

I use Iron skillets or Ducth ovens....with the lids. It tends to hold the heat better. Also if I'm cooking cornbread over the fire, I look like I'm cooking one giant pancake. Thats where you have to get your oil HOT....and drop the batter in and let it form a good crust and seal. When it gets good and done on the bottom, I flip it...sometimes in the air....lol Its a chore to cook food like that. We started our cooking out in August at camp. And finished up about two weeks ago when our deer season ended. It was great.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2003 05:49 am
Hmm....makemeshiver, do they ship to Canada? I'm not just a great cook, I'm a professional.
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2003 07:57 am
I figured you were a professional Cav....and HUMM.....would have to ask him for ya and find out. I'm sure he'd raise an eyebrow when I explained to him how this come about....lol
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Sun 21 Dec, 2003 12:08 am
Just thought I'd let ya'll know....my house smells like Deer Jerky tonight.....lol

My sons love it!
0 Replies