Uncharacteristicaly loud and irritable

Reply Sat 18 Dec, 2010 12:32 pm
I have had my piggies for just over a year and just under.

I first got cpt. Blueberry (male) when he was just a few weeks old from the pet store. He was surprisingly well behaved for a while, but when he hit ... well let's say puberty, he became extremely aggressive.

With the options I was given at the time to counter act his behavior, I choose to "get him a friend". Her name is Sasha (aka. Princess Sasha) She was about the same age, really pretty and very friendly so I figured she would be a good match. Smile

With the exception of the first day or so she did the trick just perfectly. He was quieter, more patient when it came to feeding times and had an over all had a far less aggressive disposition.

It has been about 9 months or so now and 2 moves later and the tables have turned! She isn't aggressive but she screams and screeches at the top of her lungs multiple times a day! I would definitely say that as of a month or so ago this would be very uncharacteristic of her behavior.

I want to make it better for them any way that I can! I simply don't know how. I love them but am running out of patience (as are my roommates!) I need help Sad
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 1,353 • Replies: 8
No top replies

MontereyJack

Reply Sat 18 Dec, 2010 12:54 pm
She may be sick or in pain. Have you had her checked by a vet.
bubbleyum

Reply Sun 19 Dec, 2010 02:52 am
@MontereyJack,
no...should I?
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Sun 19 Dec, 2010 10:30 am
Guinea pigs do make noise, it's how they communicate. I think you might find this information helpful and then you can decide if you have a bigger problem:

http://www.charryslow.com/guinea-pigs-noises/
farmerman

Reply Sun 19 Dec, 2010 02:08 pm
@Green Witch,
you oughta hear guinea hens. Its the males dominance scream. Aome of these animals could be used for sound tracks in thrillers
0 Replies

JessiHart

Reply Sun 19 Dec, 2010 05:33 pm
I have a piggie. He's a couple years old and he will holler thru-out the day. Usually when he hears the crisper drawer open. LOL He knows that right after that noise he gets his fresh spinach. He's a great pet. He loves the be petted and talked to; he will talk right back (cooing type noises).
bubbleyum

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2010 08:34 pm
@JessiHart,
haha mine too.. they can hear when i open the fridge all the time
bubbleyum

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2010 01:23 pm
@bubbleyum,
OMG... she was pregnant!! thats why she was so loud!! i woke up this morning to 3 darling little piggies!! this is amazing
JessiHart

Reply Wed 29 Dec, 2010 10:50 am
@bubbleyum,
Aww! How cute!
0 Replies