Eggs raise body heat - myth or fact?

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2010 02:36 am
I've never read about any of this in any scientific lieterature, but I keep hearing from people that eating too many eggs raises body temperature. And elder women advise girls against eating too many during their period (at least in my country).

Is there any truth to the theory?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 15,281 • Replies: 5
No top replies

roger

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2010 02:37 am
@spidergal,
That's a new one on me, but that doesn't prove a thing.

My inclination is to call it a bunch of hooey, but that also doesn't prove anything.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2010 06:04 am
@spidergal,
I've never heard that before.

It seems very unlikely, but I don't know for sure.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2010 06:11 am
Bizarre. I did some online searches, and most had to do with incubating eggs, or human female ovulation. The few which actually addressed this topic were all replies in health fora, and therefore the authority of those responding is not established. Only one person actually offered an explanation, to the effect that it takes more energy to digest protein (as compared to what?), and that this would raise your body temperature--and once again, there's no basis for assuming this person posting is an authority, especially given that his/her screen name was "anonymous."

Personally, if i could get away with it, i'd start each day by eating four to six eggses . . . i love 'em!
farmerman

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2010 07:15 am
@Setanta,
The chemistry of eggs doesnt seem to support this, complex proteins and mercaptans. If yoy want to raise your body temp, what I used to do as a kid is

1when your mom gives you the thermometer ask for some water and then while shes gone, place the bulb of the thermometer onto a light bulb. BE CAREFUL, because it goes up very fast and I already had a fever of 114

2 Put a penny under your tongue, itll jack up your body temp by a degree or two,(if you can stand the taste)
Course pennies are mostly zinc now so I hope theres enough residual copper to do this.

Good luck trying to goof off .
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2010 07:35 am
Oh jeeze . . . FM slept in this morning, and now he's full a beans . . .
0 Replies