I get to give the Year end Bonus out!

Linkat

Reply Wed 15 Dec, 2010 10:35 am
Come get yours! Seriously I traveled out of state to give the bonus notices. I like to provide good news so this is a fun trip.

Well there is always one...isn't there. Some one never satisfied. The bonuses are better this year so people should be happy right? Nope one grumpy guy isn't. You know the type - the one that thinks he is significantly better, smarter, etc than he is.

So he got a good rating - not outstanding, not exceeding, but good. Which is where as a group with all managers and above we determined he feel. His bonus dollar-wise was good. Nope he complained. Thank goodness everyone else was very excited so far.

Oh - and as I have a brand new manager and a manager on leave under me - I couldn't get the 9 reviews completed for the bonus review (my boss didn't get her 2 done because of how busy we are - and she approved me not completing). I explained how the ratings were determined via a group effort with explainations - I simply have not yet written the formal review. So he complained to someone 3 levels above me and requested that she be in on the formal review which was relayed to me today from my boss.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 7 • Views: 1,319 • Replies: 12
No top replies

Green Witch

Reply Wed 15 Dec, 2010 10:49 am
@Linkat,
Well, I'm excited! When will you be here with my check? I promise not to complain if it's not as generous as I deserve.
manored

Reply Wed 15 Dec, 2010 10:49 am
You cant always have the luck of not having anyone anoying in your life that you cannot remove =)

Just learn to deal with the person, then.
Linkat

Reply Wed 15 Dec, 2010 10:57 am
@manored,
Well he won't be my problem much longer - starting the first of the year, I move over another group of individuals. He has been a headache to whoever has had him reporting to him.

Fortunately upper management has little patience with this individual as this bonehead has been disrepectful to them as well - you know how stupid he is -- the person he complained about me to - he was rude and disrepectful to her boss when she came down.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 15 Dec, 2010 10:58 am
@Green Witch,
Well I don't actually give the checks, I give the little letter with details of their bonus (%, rating. $$$). They get the check or direct deposit Friday.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Wed 15 Dec, 2010 11:20 am
I know just what you mean linkat.

I've delivered good news/money/etc. to some people, had gotten responses like I just kicked them in the teeth.

The vast majority of the time, those people were ignorant self centered ignoranus's (note spelling, that was not a mistake). Just know that most others appreciate it.
Linkat

Reply Wed 15 Dec, 2010 11:43 am
@chai2,
Well you described him perfectly.

Also, the type of person that pushes the envelope consistantly.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Wed 15 Dec, 2010 02:00 pm
Well - it wasn't about the money . . .

He wanted to see his evaluation in writing. Hold it in his hand. Rub it in his face. Gloat over the words . . .

You know the type. He wanted to see it in writing!

chai2

Reply Wed 15 Dec, 2010 04:19 pm
@PUNKEY,
No, it's about the money.

he want's to see the evaluation so he can point out where he deserves more.....then complain why we didn't give him that amount in the first place, then complain it's still not enough....etc.
Butrflynet

Reply Wed 15 Dec, 2010 04:35 pm
Bonuses? What's that?

There were many a year that we got letters in our end-of-year paycheck stating that there would be no bonuses that year.

Your employees are lucky to have jobs and even luckier to have jobs that still pay a bonus check. Perhaps they need a reality check. The company should require them to work a certain number of hours at soup kitchens to earn that bonus check.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2010 12:03 am
@Butrflynet,
Butrflynet wrote:
The company should require them
to work a certain number of hours at soup kitchens to earn that bonus check.
That idea is a disgusting leftist outrage.
That woud justify and provoke a really severe revenge against the firm.
It woud be better (safer) for the company
simply to cancel bonuses and to KEEP the money for better profits
or to apply the saved money to senior executive bonuses.

David
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2010 10:46 am
@chai2,
And he mentioned (as I already know) he is looking for a job elsewhere within the company - he has burned his bridges big time with those high up. He says that his rating is holding him back from getting another job. I think he is trying for jobs that are far above his abilities.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2010 10:46 am
@Butrflynet,
Exactly my thoughts.
0 Replies