This year I will burn a candle and bask in the fragrance of spiced apple.

Nancy88

Reply Wed 15 Dec, 2010 05:19 am
What is a spiced apple? I searched the Internet and got buffled. Can you tell what kind of food it is and post a photo for me?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 604 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 15 Dec, 2010 05:35 am
You mean to say that you were "baffled." Spiced apple is a made-up name for a fragrance, and doesn't necessarily refer to any actual food. When people make desserts using apples, they most commonly use cinnamon or nutmeg to spice the apples. Perhaps that is what fragrance manufacturers use to make a "spiced apple" fragrance. I look into it.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 15 Dec, 2010 05:49 am
I've looked around, and i do see cinnamon mentioned frequently in pages about "spiced apple" fragrance. Unsurprisingly, people who are offering candles or other products with a "spiced apple" fragrance are not telling what they use to make the fragrance.

I have no doubt that some idiot will come along to claim that there is such a food as "spiced apple." Don't believe it. People in the West make apple pies, apple dumplings, baked apples--any number of apple dishes. But apart from noting, once again, that cinnamon and nutmeg are two spices frequently used in dishes containing apples, there really is no such food as "spiced apple." It's just a gimmick of fragrance manufactureres.
Nancy88

Reply Wed 15 Dec, 2010 05:53 am
@Setanta,
Many thanks!
0 Replies