Complicated

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2010 01:52 pm
I have a really big crush on a classmate since the 5th grade(when I met her ) but I don't know if she likes me(I'm in the 10th grade). I've never had a girlfriend before but I don't think she had a boyfriend as well. She is the smartest student in my school but I'm not very far from that. She is into dancing. It can be difficult talking to her sometimes because I usually don't speak to girls, and I can't think of subjects of common interest. She is the most beautiful girl I've ever seen and there are days when I get lost looking at her during class. I joined the computer science team just to spend more time with her. I really don't know what I should do.... By the way last Friday I was kinda drunk and I told her that I love her.... We didn't speak of that until now. The thing is that I don't know if she likes me, she looks back at me during class and she smiles whenever I look at her

engineer

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2010 02:11 pm
@johnarne,
It's only complicated because you are young and inexperienced. The answer is to go ask her out. Two things can happen from there. She can shoot you down, adding you to the long list of guys who have been shot down or she can say yes. (I guess the other thing that can happen is that she can say "I like you but I'm not ready to date.") Either way, you learn a lesson that will be valuable in the future.
johnarne

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2010 02:22 pm
@engineer,
The thing is that if she says no I don't know how I will react, and I don't know if it's because she doesn't like me or because she thinks that I get drunk frequently(that's really not true)
engineer

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2010 04:00 pm
@johnarne,
You are over thinking this. The future of the civilized world will not turn on her answer. I can sympathize because I over-analyzed everything at your age as well. Here's how you will react if she says no: you will be bummed and you will move on - just like every other guy who's been turned down in the history of mankind. It really doesn't matter if she doesn't like you are your boozy ways, she said no and life goes on except that you'll do a better job asking the next girl.
chai2

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2010 04:11 pm
True, you won't know how you'll react if she says no.

But if you ask her, and she says no, then you will know.

You can say "what if" for the rest of your life. Then you'll say "I should have"

Go for it.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2010 07:04 pm
You are going to have to quit using the booze to get up the courage to talk to her.

You told her you LOVE her when you were drunk?

Geez . . . you are probably turning her off or scaring her away.
0 Replies

johnarne

Reply Tue 14 Dec, 2010 09:36 am
@engineer,
It very much depends on her answer (the future of the civilized world)

0 Replies

manored

Reply Tue 14 Dec, 2010 10:07 am
Well, no answer is eternal. If she says "no", that doesnt means all hope will be lost. You can keep trying to get her to go out with you, albeit off course you should be careful to not be bothersome in that case, or she will probaly end up liking you even less.
0 Replies