JD3P

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2010 02:15 am
Hello, just looking for a little help with careers in research. Here's a little bit of my background, I have an associates degree (Humanities- General Studies) and a bachelor's in philosophy and religion (I know not exactly what you think of when considering a research career). But having studied it I can see the benefits and the ways in which my degree actually could be useful.

I was just wondering if anyone could give me some insight into starting a career in research. I'm aware that there are many different fields and I do plan on getting my masters degree. For anyone out there willing to help me I would greatly appreciate it. I've had people tell me that I have wasted my time and that my major is useless, I'm also having an incredibly hard time finding a job. So perhaps they were somewhat right, I probably should have double majored.

Basically what I'm really looking for is different companies that might consider hiring me, and if there's anything I should do in the meantime (such as specific volunteer work, etc.) to put on my resume. Any websites or books that can genuinely help would be great also. Thanks!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,395 • Replies: 0
No top replies