Exciting careers / adventurous lifestyles?!

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2022 10:16 am
I am 22, have been retired from labouring for over a year which I was able to do by putting everything into investment properties, boring stuff.

Now I am looking to dive head first into something with purpose and/or a sense of adventure. I am located in Australia but I may even be prepared to travel the world for the right role. I love the outdoors and I love old fashioned things and history. Any advice on what I should do with my life? Jobs or alternative lifestyles? Would love to hear ideas from any industry. Thanks.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 604 • Replies: 1
No top replies

RPhalange

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2022 11:33 am
@Curiousdude2000,
Does Australia have anything like the peace corps? You may not get paid but there are a variety of opportunities working overseas from agriculture, education, environment, community development, health.

Found it Australian Volunteers International (AVI).

Here is what it says:
The regular AVI program covers most expenses, including airfare, medical insurance, and accommodation. It also provides a weekly allowance to each volunteer. To adapt to another country, AVI provides information sessions, language training, and reading materials to participants for easing their adjustment to the new workplace and culture.

Most AVI assignments last for two years to give time to the volunteer for adjusting to the new culture and completing the project. AVI works with an agency that offers a 24-hour medical assistance in each country, and assists the volunteer’s evacuation if a political crisis arises within the country.

https://thenewservice.org/2009/08/28/australianvolutneersinternational/

0 Replies