fansy

Reply Tue 7 Dec, 2010 03:28 am
Quote:
“We can’t carry on as we are, just drifting along,” Greg had said. “All relationships have to move forward.” Or finish is what he should have added but we were both too afraid to admit it. Why does it have to be like that though, I’m happy with the way things are and I don’t see a need to ruin it all by changing. I thought Greg felt that way too. I thought he understood my need for my own independence, my own space and my own life. Until last night that was, until he threatened to ruin it all by trying to push me into something I’m not sure I’m ready for, not after making that mistake before, before I even knew Greg. Our life, our relationship is in danger of falling apart, why is he risking it all by wanting more? More than I may be able to give him.

Where is the subject of the bolded part?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 1,159 • Replies: 3
No top replies

laughoutlood

Reply Tue 7 Dec, 2010 05:04 am
@fansy,
something tells me there must be one
Old Goat

Reply Tue 7 Dec, 2010 05:11 am
@laughoutlood,
I think it could be cow poo.

Having made that mistake before, one would surely not wish to be pushed into it again.

It's usually about cow poo, I find.
fansy

Reply Tue 7 Dec, 2010 05:29 pm
@Old Goat,
Quote:
“We can’t carry on as we are, just drifting along,” Greg had said. “All relationships have to move forward.” Or finish is what he should have added but we were both too afraid to admit it. Why does it have to be like that though, I’m happy with the way things are and I don’t see a need to ruin it all by changing. I thought Greg felt that way too. I thought he understood my need for my own independence, my own space and my own life. Until last night that was, until he threatened to ruin it all by trying to push me into something I’m not sure I’m ready for, not after making that mistake before, before I even knew Greg. Our life, our relationship is in danger of falling apart, why is he risking it all by wanting more? More than I may be able to give him.

Maybe the subject is "that" in "Unitl last night that was, ..." "That" refers to the relationship between the girl and the boy friend (each having his or her own independence), but this was going to change "until last night". Am I right?
0 Replies