I KNOW God does not exist

BillRM

Reply Sun 8 May, 2011 09:44 am
@Chights47,
Quote:
All of this "proof" of science is basically just an over elaboration of ideology. You wouldn't take a Christians word that God is real, so why would you do that for any other

LOL that science that have no proof of being true is the foundation that engineers had build on to allow you to be sitting somewhere hell anywhere on the planet and posts such nonsense by the way of the internet.

A consumer almost every minute of everyday of the fruits of that science from the moment you awaken and turn on the lights and TV to the moment you return to your sleep.

Plenty damn good results for an over elabration ideology would you not say.
Chights47

Reply Sun 8 May, 2011 03:38 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Quote:
All of this "proof" of science is basically just an over elaboration of ideology. You wouldn't take a Christians word that God is real, so why would you do that for any other

LOL that science that have no proof of being true is the foundation that engineers had build on to allow you to be sitting somewhere hell anywhere on the planet and posts such nonsense by the way of the internet.

A consumer almost every minute of everyday of the fruits of that science from the moment you awaken and turn on the lights and TV to the moment you return to your sleep.

Plenty damn good results for an over elabration ideology would you not say.

I see that your short-sighted ignorance still blinds you. I have but one more thing to say, if you don't understand it (which I doubt you will) then good luck with being stupid the rest of your life. The thing I have to say is actually more like a chain of questions. You say that all this science has "proof" well in order for something to acquire the status of "proof" it must be proven. I'm certain you will agree. Since this is the case, you would then need an infinite amount of proof in order to back up every statement. You can test this theory if you want by naming any "proof" you wish, then name the proof for that proof, then the proof for that proof, then the proof for that proof, and so on. Eventually you'll reach a point where you run out of answers, or you'll give up and just call me a "stupid idiot"...or not even try and continue you "rant" still further. Regardless of the final outcome...you'll still be wrong.
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 8 May, 2011 04:25 pm
@Chights47,
Religion has not one speck of proof to support it, as has been pointed out on this thread, I am sure, many times. You can build a religion based on your introspection, on pure feelings, on the word from others, on fear, on ignorance, on stubbornness, on tradition - What you cannot build it on is facts.
BillRM

Reply Sun 8 May, 2011 05:01 pm
@Chights47,
I see you are playing with yourself with silly words games however there is zero proof and zero indication of some god of whatever nature behind anything.

When you get a little proof that your view of the universe have any meaning please let us know using the technology that a few hundreds years of my way of looking at the universe had produce.

Until you have more then word games sane people are going to placing all gods in the same class at the tooth fairy.

I did enjoy the just released movie Thor it was a nice fantasy.

0 Replies

Chights47

Reply Sun 8 May, 2011 06:05 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

Religion has not one speck of proof to support it, as has been pointed out on this thread, I am sure, many times. You can build a religion based on your introspection, on pure feelings, on the word from others, on fear, on ignorance, on stubbornness, on tradition - What you cannot build it on is facts.

I'm not really quite sure how you got around to religion...no one is talking about that. Just in case you were confused, we were actually talking about science...I like the only way you can really "defend" your own belief is by attacking another. You do realize that it doesn't make you're own belief any more correct? The point that I'm trying to make is that nothing is actually known, just assumed. This also goes for religion and everything else "under the sun" so to speak. As a side note: I believe the reason that you went religion is because your simple mind assumes that I'm for religion. The reason that you assume this is because you think that I'm specifically attacking science. I'm not attacking science itself, I'm attacking BillRM's ignorance of it. What I truly believe in, is that every answer is just as correct as another because the actually truth is so far BELOW our understanding that it doesnt really matter what you believe.
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 8 May, 2011 07:41 pm
Despite the arrogance of your reply, I will answer you in part. Bill and somebody were discussing religion and science a few posts back. I did not see much that was particularly about science, really. So, if you with your superior intellect don't like it, that's tough.
Chights47

Reply Sun 8 May, 2011 08:39 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

Despite the arrogance of your reply, I will answer you in part. Bill and somebody were discussing religion and science a few posts back. I did not see much that was particularly about science, really. So, if you with your superior intellect don't like it, that's tough.

Arrogance: The state or quality of being arrogant; overbearing pride.
Arrogant: Marked by or arising from a feeling or assumption of one's superiority toward others

Suprising how this definition describes Bill and yourself. You denouce another belief, unprovoked, simply to promote your own...I find that to be incredible arrogant. As I said in my post, I do not believe that any one belief is better than another. The mere fact that you believe in something is a wonderful thing in and of itself. The only thing that could be misconstrued as arrogant is that I called you out on your arrogance in a rather "ostentatious" way. I, however, felt it was warranted in order to make my point.

Each and every belief brings both good and bad to the world. I believe that it's our jobs to correct the people behind the beliefs, rather than the belief itself. I believe that all belief's are really nothing more than tools in a sense. They can be used to both create and destroy. Would you rant about destroying all screwdrivers if some were used in the process of assembling a nuke that destroyed The White House or Parliment? It's the same sort of concept, not a perfect one, but I hope that you understand. Just because you don't understand how something works, doesn't mean it's wrong.

"If a man is offered a fact which goes against his instincts, he will scrutinize it closely, and unless the evidence is overwhelming, he will refuse to believe it. If, on the other hand, he is offered something which affords a reason for acting in accordance to his instincts, he will accept it even on the slightest evidence." - Bertrand Russell
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Sun 8 May, 2011 08:43 pm
@bob600,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IStlBOX9F4o

0 Replies

UniversalDream

Reply Sun 15 May, 2011 01:54 pm
@bob600,
If numbers can be used to represent "all things", including philosophy, how can philosophy be dead? Philosophy can therefore be used to represent "all things" as well, including numbers. If philosophy is dead then all language, truth, science and math would unravel as tongues vanished and every word ceased to exist.

There are so many fascinatingly passionate, wise, and experienced people sharing their unquestionable knowledge throughout the world. Yet the sea can be pretty rough from time to time. Individuals being tossed around by waves of earthly despair. What intense paddle breaking storms they can be. Shouting from boat to boat; words being misunderstood; volatile winds chopping messages into little pieces. Sometimes very few fragments of self supporting relatable environmental observations allow certain conversations to continue; individuals being dragged down towards the bottom, swallowed by the sea. Messages of hope and calmness can fade away while riding on the backs of the howling winds.

You are not from that world, we are from another world and we have armies within us that will come and fight at a moments notice. A soldier of hope to fight despair; a soldier of calmness to fight the panic; a soldier of love to fight the hate; a soldier of understanding to fight condemnation; a soldier of humbleness to fight arrogance; a soldier to turn the other cheek and fight a soldier who is lost in the devastatingly isolated world of kill or be killed; a soldier to peacefully sacrifice and fight a soldier of no sacrifice; a soldier to unsheathe protection for all and breath life back into a soldier of only self preservation; a soldier of encouragement to fight discouragement; a soldier of tolerance to fight intolerance... We step out of our boats one by one, walk on water, and continue heal those who are dead or dying. We step off and down from the boulders from which we speak to fight arrogance with that action of humbleness. We continuously fight evil with what is courageously good, first within us and then outside of us. We are from a different world; the world within us has no storm reeking havoc; a tranquil peace and calmness amongst the outside storm. It is easy to be consumed by the merciless condemnation of earthly despair. A thunderous windstorm of hail, fire, and brimstone created out of the raging outcries of earthly distress. If focus is lost and we allow the sadness to gain ground the storm will rage within us and we will surely begin to submerge. We can lose battles, love can turn to hate, calmness can turn to frustration, our soldiers of light can die but only if we surrender to the lower levels of the temporarily fearful and dispiritedly isolated. As the potentially frightening storm rages we can begin to sink into the maddeningly murky waters. Hopefully our heads will not completely submerge (becoming one of the dead in this water grave of complete hopelessness). All will be well. Hopelessness will turn into trust and then into living once again. The dead can and will always be brought back to life.

What brilliantly thought provoking experiences you all must be trustfully putting forth every day of your life, thanks for sharing your continuous passage of existence and eternal energy; rippling out in all directions effecting everyone.

As my body continues to age into the inevitable my time on earth will come to an end. Death is not something to be feared for out of death life must be born again. We can't have one without zero and we can't have zero without one, they are eternally connected. Our wholeness, zero onto one-hundred percent, continues to unfold in all possible directions and dimensions (just as everything else in existence has, is, and will continue to do). There are as many life experiences to live as there are individual choices: colors, temperatures, frequencies, rays of light and elements (they all have the same number of components). For each choice another dimension is added and so our complete being is blissfully satisfied. Our wholeness is shaped more like the earth; not a flat line of deathfully static permanence, or a singular line of recurrence. Our energy never dies, it continuously transfers into something embracingly warm and beautiful. This life is but a finger tip of ourselves; we all return to our entirety after departing from this necessary sacrificial journey. We hover over head, like a gardening angel, waiting to reclaim what belongs to us. Till then we have our successful and honorable roles to play in this unfolding environmental influence upon others; kindredly sacrificing for all growth internal and external. Unwilling to sacrifice for anyone, will evolve into willingly sacrificing for some, and then into willingly sacrificing for all (that is every possibility). There is no greater enlightened love then willingly sacrificing for our family (everyone), who is part of everything. What is done to the least is done to the most. Likewise, what is done for the least is done for the most. The beginning and the end have already happened, time is an illusion with a purpose. (There is the best of us and the worst of us, 0-100 %). Forever humbling.

There are only so many possible answers to the question of existence. Either there is only infinite, only everything, both, or neither. That is "everything" when it comes to those possibilities. Possibilities are not infinite. Every possibility is, was, and will be explored forever. The mind, body and emotions expand and contract as does the universe. The answer to the question of existence is both, everything and infinity. The symbol for infinity is also the symbol for everything, "the universal infinity symbol of truth" (everything, infinity and the universal truth binds them together for eternity).

Time reaches a point when all events have been recorded, and that is everything. The hour glass of time, the universal infinity symbol of truth, will then flip over and start the process again. All possible space will become filled, eventually, in the same way as it was before as every possibility is explored yet again. The record is not erased, is erased, and then is being written, (all three possibilities are true, not true, and are in the process of becoming true).

You may be surprised by where the universal truth takes you. There are as many different individual paths to take as there are individual colors but they all lead to the same enlightening place (Everything and Infinity).

Bryan Scott Butler
Author of "I Dreamed of Everything"
0 Replies

cj31

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2011 12:37 am
@bob600,
That whole posting made absolutely no sense. What I basically got from it was that you dont believe what you dont understand. Isnt the whole point of God, to have faith? You dont need faith if you know the answer. I struggle with faith but an atheist, never. As far as God knowing the future, past and present, well that would be an absurd thought. Although you didnt say future the ect ect kind of led to that. God knowing the future would mean we are all predestined. That would conflict with free will. The bible can write of the future (Revalations) because God can say it and it can become. Not because God knew you were a sinner from the day you were created and cursed you to Hell. Love to hear some more deep thoughts from an atheist
fresco

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2011 12:54 am
@cj31,
I suggest you read the whole thread before associating "shallow thinking" With "atheists". Once you start touting the word "faith" around, you are tarred with the same brush as all followers , whether they be of "gods" or despots. What they have in common is that they have suspended their critical thinking faculties and are therefore hardly in a position to judge "depth".
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2011 06:58 am
@Chights47,
Quote:
I'm not really quite sure how you got around to religion...no one is talking about that. Just in case you were confused, we were actually talking about science...I like the only way you can really "defend" your own belief is by attacking another. You do realize that it doesn't make you're own belief any more correct? The point that I'm trying to make is that nothing is actually known, just assumed. This also goes for religion and everything else "under the sun" so to speak. As a side note: I believe the reason that you went religion is because your simple mind assumes that I'm for religion. The reason that you assume this is because you think that I'm specifically attacking science. I'm not attacking science itself, I'm attacking BillRM's ignorance of it. What I truly believe in, is that every answer is just as correct as another because the actually truth is so far BELOW our understanding that it doesnt really matter what you believe.

I know that people such as youself were condition as children way before you reach the age of reason by your care givers but still and all how can adults of at least normal intelligent give any credit to this nonsense is still beyond me.

In fact that more adults do not shake off such nonsense placed in their heads as young children then do so is the only mystery surrounding any religious faith that I can see.

Logic and commonsense show no more reason to believe in or had faith in the Jewish/Christian/Muslim god then to have faith in Zeus for example.

All religion faiths are equally silly and irrational be that faith base on aliens who were imprison on earth under a volcano on an Hawaii island or the son of god born by a virgin birth.

The populations of European seem to be slowly breaking free by surveys of this irrational sickness but it is still amazing how many others seeming sane adults at least pay lip serve to this nonsense.

0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2011 07:30 am
@Chights47,
I guess Bill still hasn't gotten it in his head that you are not a Christian. He's like a pittbull. He latches onto something and no matter how many times you tell him he has it wrong he won't let go. He frustrates me so that's why have to not talk to him.
BillRM

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2011 07:48 am
@Arella Mae,
Anyone AM who promote unreason no matter what they claimed their own personal faith or world view happen to be should be address in the manner I had address this gentleman.

Second lying for Jesus is an all too common a method of the Christians so I have zero obligations to take his word for not being a Christian if he put forward the same silliness and illogic as Christians enjoy doing in defending their irrational believes.
Chights47

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2011 08:37 am
@BillRM,
Wow...Do you actually listen to yourself? Do you not realize that you're basically the exact same a religious extremist zealot just on the atheist side?
BillRM

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2011 09:03 am
@Chights47,
Quote:
Wow...Do you actually listen to yourself? Do you not realize that you're basically the exact same a religious extremist zealot just on the atheist side?

Sorry when any of the religion fairy tales produce some results let say someone get god to stop the sun in it path or the earth from rotating depending on your viewpoint as claimed to had happen once in the bible or someone wave his hands in the air and bring back to life a rotting body as Jesus is claimed to had done or we do get the believers floating up in the air to meet Jesus then I would be more then happy to review my stand base on new evidences.

Hell when someone can show any clear supernatural break in the accepted laws of nature that would trigger a review of my believes. Such breaks are unlikely to be overlook as for example when a tiny tiny tiny understand force in the order of a gram or less was shown to be acting on two deep space probes there was one hell of an efforts to either understand it by using current known laws or to bring forward new theories that would cover the facts. Turn out by using some details computer modelings of the heat patterns on the probe the forces was explain by known laws.

In any case, science and the technology it is based on have very very hard evidences that it relate to the real universe and in fact allow such as you and others the means by ways of the internet to try to increased and justify human irrationality.

Of course it also allow me to fight against such nonsense in the same manner.
Chights47

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2011 09:33 am
@BillRM,
Wow, I had my suspicions but you truly are a pathetic Richard Dawkins wannabe...not that he's pathetic, he just has actual intellect to back up what he says. You're just another zealot that falls in line.
BillRM

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2011 10:58 am
@Chights47,
Claimed whatever you wish to claimed however nonsense is still nonsense be that nonsense concern the Roman gods, the Greek gods or the three in one Christian god. That even cover the aliens/souls that was locked up in the Hawaii islands that bird brains Hollywood stars buy into.

Shame on you for trying to supports this kind of nonsense and irrationality.

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2011 11:03 am
@Chights47,
Now he will try to "guilt" or "shame" you all in attempt to distract others from the fact that you pretty much pegged him right. It's not the first time he's done it. He has an MO. Oh, he might try to threaten you with the god he doesn't believe in but ignores the fact that you are not a Christian.Rolling Eyes
BillRM

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2011 11:11 am
@Arella Mae,
So AM you do not care when I ask why you are not following the faith you not I claimed you buy into!!!!!!

For example why are you not out killing gays men who sleep together or your own children if they talk back to you?

As far as your friend he is trying to justify your and people like you irrationality that have a long and sad history of causing harm and death to many people for no good reason and delaying the human drive to understand the real universe.

Your comment that you do not believe in evolution is an example of religion driven denial of science that had been acting like a drag anchor of a ship for thousands of years to human progress.

0 Replies