Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2010 12:57 pm
okay my dr says i have Psoriasis, but not a servre one. all i need to know, can it go away for good??
cause im leaving for the national guard, i just scared that wen im working out or whatever that its going to flare up
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 5 • Views: 1,677 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2010 01:07 pm
@matt3134,
Many years ago, I had a case of psoriasis, during a period of severe stress. The doctor gave me some stuff to put on it. After the stress was relieved, the psoriasis abated, but it got better very slowly. I have never had another outbreak.

I am sure that there is better medication available now than when I had the ailment. Have you been to a dermatologist?

Check this out:

Good luck, and try not to worry. Stress just makes the condition worse.

http://www.psoriasis.org/NetCommunity/Page.aspx?pid=1336
matt3134

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2010 01:12 pm
@Phoenix32890,
yes i did goto one, she gave me this shampoo, caz i had it on my head. after like 2 weeks of using it. it went away, but around my nose area u can see a lil red spot still. im just scared like if i go work out or something its going to flare up.
Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2010 01:25 pm
@matt3134,
Quote:
im just scared like if i go work out or something its going to flare up.

Maybe it will, and maybe it won't. There is no way to tell. The main thing is that you need to keep a positive attitude.

I think that the fact that the shampoo controlled the outbreak in two weeks is a very positive sign.
matt3134

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2010 02:52 pm
@Phoenix32890,
yeah i agree, plus i get stressed alot, so thats an trigger, but i dont really know how to controll stress, caz everybody gets stressed anytine
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2010 03:30 pm
Exercise will help.
Good luck in the Nat'l Guard.
Hooha!
matt3134

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2010 04:32 pm
@PUNKEY,
really, it does? i just thought like if u get sweat in it or something it ll make it worst u know. and thank u bro
0 Replies