H2O MAN

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2010 07:10 am
The so-called DREAM act sounds like a nightmare.

U.S. Senate
DREAM Act Would Cost Taxpayers $6.2 Billion Per Year, Group Says

kuvasz

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2010 11:00 am
@H2O MAN,
I believe the CBO report a lot more than one promoted by a racist cock sucker like King.

but then again I hear you cock suckers hang together, don't you waterboy?
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2010 11:06 am
There's really no downside to the DREAM act, and there's plenty of upside to it.

Conservative hysteria about it is based mostly around the erroneous assumption that these people are ever going to be asked to leave our country; they will not. Everyone knows it, and what more, we don't WANT them to leave. We want them to stay, get educated and pay taxes.

Cycloptichorn
H2O MAN

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2010 11:15 am
@Cycloptichorn,
I don't see a single upside to it, but there are many downside to the DREAM act.

Also, Americans want them to go through the proper steps required to become legal US citizens.

Why should they get a pass when others before them followed the rules?
roger

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2010 11:21 am
@H2O MAN,
Of course, if it passed they would then be following the rules. The logic is a little hazy, but sort of.

I actually don't oppose it, though when illegal college students dare us to send them back, I admit to being tempted to rise to the challenge. One aspect of Dream accepts millitary service. Assuming honorable discharge, I support that.
H2O MAN

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2010 11:35 am
@roger,
Instead of issuing speeding tickets we should just raise the speed limits, that way everyone would be following the rules.

Hazy logic indeed.
rabel22

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2010 04:35 pm
@H2O MAN,
Sounds right too me!
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2010 05:58 pm
I just heard pigeon poop cost the US 6 billion dollars a year. I say ban all pigeons.
H2O MAN

Reply Sat 4 Dec, 2010 04:48 am
@Ceili,
Are these pigeons you speak of legal residents?
Ceili

Reply Sat 4 Dec, 2010 12:18 pm
@H2O MAN,
I see where you are going with this, I'd assume they were born there, but like most americans, they were originally brought in from over the pond. Not native, if you get my drift.
roger

Reply Sat 4 Dec, 2010 02:31 pm
@Ceili,
Mostly, they were brought in as children by illegal parents. So, they are in an illegal status, but are not guilty of illegal entry since they had no choice in the matter.
0 Replies