fealola

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2003 07:13 pm
Do you do all the cooking there, Cav, or does Mrs Cav like to cook too?
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2003 07:20 pm
I'm pretty much the cook around here fealola, except for Thanksgiving and Christmas, and the occasional special occasion.
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2003 07:26 pm
Lucky Mrs. C! My husband is very generous and will take me out to eat in a restaraunt any time, but sometimes I crave a home cooked meal that I don't have to cook!
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2003 07:28 pm
"My husband is very generous" ew, that sounded weird, huh! Like i'm some kind of serf. " Massa good to me!" Rolling Eyes Laughing Laughing

Well you know what I mean I hope! Very Happy
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2003 07:29 pm
It is interesting to have two people who like to cook in the house. My husband was an excellent cook, not like cav, but a savvy home cook. He had a real sense of orchestrating a meal with flavors, etc. And I was the mad tryer-outer, looking at things I'd like to know how to do.
We didn't have kitchen arguments either. Probably because we didn't have children and neither of us HAD to cook, we both looked at it as enjoyable.
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2003 07:30 pm
I look forward to those days again!
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2003 07:31 pm
Mrs. cav and her mom are the experts in Trinidad cooking. However, as a matter of convenience, I do most of the cooking, and it's mostly homestyle, but good homestyle. :cool:
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2003 07:36 pm
I like going out to eat, but sometime that's not really a break. You have to get up take a shower find something to wear blah blah blah. I'd like someone to cook for me while I'm vegetating in front of the tv in comfy clothes... not having to move.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2003 08:45 pm
yeahhhhhhhhhh.
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2003 08:46 pm
With dirty hair, even. Or needing a bath!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2003 08:49 pm
Dinner tonight was corn tortillas with goat gouda, veggie bologna and fresh spinach - toasted. Oh yeah, what were you saying fealola?
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2003 08:51 pm
Feedme!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2003 08:52 pm
You actually want the dish I just described?
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2003 08:55 pm
well, if we skip the bologna! but veggie bologna??? hmm. sounds like an oxymoron~
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2003 08:57 pm
It's pretty good, I bought it on a whim. Some brands are terrible, some are good. It adds the flavor. I like that flavor. Kinda smoky. If we'd had any dark mustard in the house that would have been sandwich glue.
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2003 09:00 pm
Yeah, sounds like you need to spice it up a bit. I've tried veggie burgers but none seem to satisfy me.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2003 09:01 pm
I'm not a meat eater (well, some turkey here and there), so the veggie meats can sometimes be fun. I don't want or expect them to be like meat.
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2003 09:05 pm
Good for you! I really fade away mentally and physically if I don't get a hit of animal protien every so often. (Do you think it might be an addiction?)
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2003 09:12 pm
I've had a couple of good garden burgers but can't remember where. Probably somewhere between northern and southern california, on the road. Not in my new locale, home of uniquely miserable restaurant food (almost, but a couple of really good places) and I haven't cooked them.. I am prone to not make faux food, on faint principle.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2003 09:38 pm
Fealola - it's more of a survival trait.

Osso - there was one amazing veggie burger. It was called 'greek' with calamata olives, feta cheese and spinach. Yum! They stopped making it, or at least my store stopped carrying it. I did hit a couple olive pits, maybe that's why. Can't remember the brand name.
0 Replies