Which is the best country to live in?

MatthewB7621

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2010 06:07 pm
@saab,
What is an ultr right party? I have never heard of that sorry.
0 Replies

MatthewB7621

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2010 06:10 pm
@Ceili,
Now Canada would be a good country to live in because they're happy with what they have. Canada does not seem to feel the need to expand as much or as fast as other countries such as China which is becoming to powerful. Soon the US and UK etc will be threatened greatly by the likes of China.
Ceili

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2010 07:08 pm
@MatthewB7621,
We don't need to expand, we are the 2nd largest country with a relatively small population, but no, we've never been invaders.
MatthewB7621

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2010 07:49 pm
@Ceili,
Exactly, which is why it is a nice country. The population density of Canada is nothing to that of the UK, which is why it would be good to live there. More land, and the people have more respect for the land etc
0 Replies

talk72000

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2010 08:08 pm
@MatthewB7621,
Aren't you expressing your aggresive urges? China has not invaded any country in history. It is England the number one invader.
Ceili

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2010 08:14 pm
@talk72000,
Tibet???
talk72000

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2010 08:17 pm
@Ceili,
You are ignorant of history. Tibet has been part of China since Kublai Khan. The Hapsburg were in poer in Austria then. Canada was stolen from aboriginals.
Ceili

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2010 08:19 pm
@talk72000,
Well tell that to them then, they seem to think that they've been appropriated, and considering they've had their own culture and language, I'll defer to their assessment.
As for Canada, I think you could say the same about the whole of the americas, oz, nz....
Foofie

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2010 08:20 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Quote:
How would you like it if all you saw in the area where you grew up was more and more foreign people moving in. All the shops change, they speak a different language which is intimidating.

I said I was from Boston. I am guessing from this that you don't know very much about Boston (or about many similar American cities).

Every day on the bus I hear Spanish, Portuguese and Haitian Creole. It is not at all unusual to see people in head scarves in the grocery store or on the street.

This is great!

There is a nightclub I like to go to dance salsa where Spanish and English are spoken interchangeably. It is a mixed crowd where everyone has a great time. In Allston, there are incredible Brazilian and Colombian and Haitian restaurants. My kids have papusas and conch and all kinds of culinary delights that I didn't get growing up in a small town.

I have a friends who are Lebanese Muslims. There is large Armenian community nearby and there is a growing Indian community. I am particularly fond of Dosas.

I am sorry. I don't understand what your problem is.

In my opinion, the difference between the U.S.A. and many other countries is that the U.S. tries to be "inclusive." Historically, and regardless of the EU, many countries are "exclusive," in my opinion. In other words, the concept of "outsider" exists; in the U.S. there are no "outsiders," since all foreigners are believed to be on a learning curve to become Americanized, either them or their children. That I believe is the "story" we promulgate. The U.S. has assimilated generations of immigrants. No reason to believe it will not continue.

And, as a native New Yorker, I like the diversity. I think it is nice that so many different people, from so many different places, wanted a better life in the U.S. And, I believe their children will be good citizens, and make the country a better place. That might be the secret to the success of the U.S.
0 Replies

talk72000

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2010 08:22 pm
@Ceili,
The Dalai Lama is a fake Buddhist. Buddha gave up a kingdom while the Dalai Lama wants a kingdom. The Tibetan Buddhism is an abberation of Buddhism. It shows the ignorance of Albertans who promote the oil sands as environmentally safe.
Ceili

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2010 08:24 pm
@talk72000,
You are a ******* idiot.
Tell that to the people in N. Dakota when they develop their oil sands.
talk72000

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2010 08:26 pm
@Ceili,
Typical Albertan. Harper fan.
Ceili

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2010 08:26 pm
@talk72000,
Not. I've never voted Conservative.
You're still an idiot.
Izzie

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2010 08:28 pm
@Ceili,
Mr. Green

night from the UK.... don't take no prisoners Ceili Wink
talk72000

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2010 08:28 pm
@Ceili,
A traitor. You are supposed to vote Reform and Conservative. Your god is Preston Manning.
talk72000

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2010 08:30 pm
@Izzie,
Another opium trader.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2010 08:33 pm
@talk72000,
Hardly.
talk72000

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2010 08:35 pm
@Ceili,
Why are you living in Alberta for, masochism? Ther are full of Texas oil executives in Calgary.
Ceili

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2010 08:37 pm
@talk72000,
I was born here. I live in the only riding that consistently votes against the ruling party. Plus I like it here. My friends and family live here and we make the big bucks, my husband works for the oil industry.
Ceili

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2010 08:42 pm
@Ceili,
Plus, there's a ton of culture here, folk fest and the like, it's safe, no earthquakes, no poisonous bugs, no eastern assholes, I like wide open spaces, no provincial sales tax, lowest personal income taxes in Canada, no healthcare premiums, it's beautiful, clean air.... I could go on, but I think you get the picture, it's pretty much perfect. lol