Pure Speculation: Saddam's Mental Health

Noddy24

Reply Mon 15 Dec, 2003 03:47 pm
By now we've all seen pictures of Saddam Hussein, unkempt, uncombed, looking like a frantic rodent from the sewers of the suk.

Reportedly when confronted with several Iraqi members of the present transitional government, he raved and rambled.

Obviously, the man who ruled Iraq had a stressful life. Being an all powerful dictator isn't easy--particularly when you can't trust your coworkers or even your family. Did he really have to sleep in a new place every night--or did his game of musical beds indicate a touch of paranoia.

The last eight months have been very stressful. Instead of being a Feared and Revered Leader, he's been a fugitive. His sons, his heirs, chose to die in a shoot out against the occupying army. I don't think his sons were loveably people, but I'm not their doting daddy.

Could Saddam have flipped his wig? He might have been harried from pillar to post, but surely his loyal subordinates could have found a skilled and trustworthy barber to keep Saddam groomed? Surely they could have found clean clothes?

Consider the two bodyguards/keepers/jailers captured while scuttling for the river. Were they trying to divert pursuit--or did they feel it was about time that the Allied Forces took over all the problems in Iraq?

I grant you, this is pure speculation. Further, having an insane former head of state accused of war crimes (or Crimes Against Humanity) could pose some difficult legal questions for the World Court.

What do you think?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 892 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Sugar

Reply Mon 15 Dec, 2003 03:59 pm
I thought that at first and then it was noted that he had $750,000 USD with him in a suitcase. He's not so far gone that he misplaced that somewhere.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Mon 15 Dec, 2003 04:02 pm
I doubt his lawyers will enable him to cop a plea, Noddy. Not guilty by reason of insanity? Bring on Johnny Cochran!
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 15 Dec, 2003 04:07 pm
Wasn't there a Mafia don, who pulled the same deal some years ago? As I remember, he eluded capture by feigning insanity.

On the other hand, if the stress caused him to go bonkers, it couldn't happen to a nicer guy. Just think of what has happened to him. Here was a grandiose megalomaniac, whose power was stripped from him. His two right hands, his sons, were killed. And he, who lived like an emperor, had to go into hiding.

What goes around, comes around! Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 15 Dec, 2003 05:00 pm
don Gigante used to walk around in a bathrobe eating cannolis. Thats a good life. He used to sing West Side Story too, no that was Don Vitti

Im afraid that saddam is going to miss out on all the great hussein al Tikkrit family traditions since he had two of his son in laws whacked and his family has gotten all dysfunctional or dead.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 17 Dec, 2003 11:55 am
If he doesn't confess to Weapons of Mass Destruction, will the CIA be forced to declare him "insane" as in "out of touch with reality"?
0 Replies

kjvtrue

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2004 12:21 pm
Because of his capture, I believe he was not playing musical beds, but hidding in that hole for all those months.
0 Replies