Lyme Disease and Health Insurance.

Reply Mon 29 Nov, 2010 04:04 pm
I was wondering if anyone has any information about lyme disease and health insurance. I have not been formally diagnosed with lyme disease, but I have been exhibiting symptoms for a while now. I have had a few doctors visits since experiencing the symptoms, but like I said . . .no diagnosis. I was wondering if since it was not diagnosed yet if it would be considered a "pre-existing" illness when I go to switch my Edit [Moderator]: Link removed
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,149 • Replies: 4
No top replies

PUNKEY

Reply Mon 29 Nov, 2010 04:42 pm
Any application for coverage will be investigated by the new carrier. Bellieve me, they WILL know what tests you have been given and any medications you have been on for years . . .

0 Replies

BillW

Reply Mon 29 Nov, 2010 05:07 pm
@billlamp,
If you are switching providers within a certain amount of time without lapse of policies between each, you are covered for all pre-existing conditions. I would stay away from getting new diagnoses during any time between the two policies being in existence though. Best bet though is to get counseling if in doubt. Different states and different policies have differing clauses.
billlamp

Reply Tue 30 Nov, 2010 04:34 pm
@BillW,
Thank you for your response BillW. I believe that I will try your route of counseling seeing as how I am still really nervous about the whole issue. Any suggestions on health care plan counseling?
BillW

Reply Tue 30 Nov, 2010 04:48 pm
@billlamp,
Actually, for medical insurance - I don't. It has been so long since I have been in the market and in todays world it is so dog eat dog. I remember in the past one could just talk to the agents and compare what each of them says. But, I don't know if today they can be trusted. Do you have a human relations department at work? They can give good advice.

Also, you doctor could help or tell you where to go - hopefully.
0 Replies