puppy peeing in her bed

nickih

Reply Wed 24 Nov, 2010 03:28 pm
Dear all, i have an 11 week old puppy and she's started peeing in her bed. She sleeps in a crate at night and we let her out at 2am and 6.15am but she still wee's in her bed. Then tonight i caught her weeing in her open day bed...what's going on?? Can anyone suggest anything to stop her doing that, or will she just grow out of it? I have just now partitioned off part of her crate to try and stop this. She's turning into a little maddam! Help please somebody!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 605 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Subliminal0

Reply Wed 24 Nov, 2010 03:36 pm
@nickih,
It's not uncommon or alarming for a young puppy to be urinating in their crate. Most puppies will grow out of it in a few weeks, while others may take a little longer. Just be patient and correct her if you catch her. You'll have to remember she's still very young and in the motion of learning. She doesn't know yet that urinating in her crate is necessarily bad [if this is the beginning of your crate training]. Being consistent with taking her out and correcting her urinating in her bed/crate will help it slowly decrease.
0 Replies