Epidemic of Domestic Violence in Boston Area

Miller

Reply Fri 26 Nov, 2010 12:54 am
FIDO quote:
Quote:
Rich people are not accidentally rich... They are rich because they understand the liberal use of law...
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Fri 26 Nov, 2010 12:58 am
FIDO QUOTE:
Quote:
You know as well as I, that what those people were arguing about was not window dressing or the placement of furnature...

No, they were fighting over what to name the baby.
Fido

Reply Fri 26 Nov, 2010 07:08 am
@Miller,
Miller wrote:

FIDO QUOTE:
Quote:
You know as well as I, that what those people were arguing about was not window dressing or the placement of furnature...

No, they were fighting over what to name the baby.

Bull ****... You have been around long enough to know that it is never about what it seems to be about... Do you take every televison plot at face value??? If so, you must be incredibly entertained, and forever in search of a brain... I can't stand to read fiction... At one point in my life it was all I read, and I once wanted to write fiction and was an English Major at a major university... What is soon evident is that the number of plots is limited, and the number of anti-heroes is limited, and with this knowledge it becomes impossible to watch a television show, or movie without having the plot down in the first ten minutes... Then it is only a matter of skill... How well is the story developed... Is confusion and misdirection evident... Is plot intrigue, and intrigue plot??? Consider, that no useless information is included in a production...

What are the facts here... What did the writer of the story find essential to include: The killer was an unemployed Construction Worker... What were they??? Up and comers... People who had pursued education, or small business independence... Those people were always on different tracks, looking for the only one essential in any happy life: LOVE... But love is nearly impossible to maintain without income, and we working people get our identity from our work, and robbed of that, we are no bodies looking for something, love, self respect, identity... What are you??? You are what you do... Who are you???Who You are, is how you feel... Inevitably, unless a person has an abstract and objective sort of self consciousness that cannot be shaken by adversity, and set backs, then they must suffer the loss of a job like they must suffer the loss of a loved one... We grieve over such things, and we are a nation in grief...

The other day, it was miserable cold outside with a stiff paralyzing wind... I was busy, running late, picking up my daughter, and I passed by a young woman waiting for a bus with a baby in a basket... I did not help her, but considered my own small troubles, and drove on... The further I went, the more it hurt, and it put me in touch with myself, how shallow and uncaring I am...

For lack of a better word, it put me in touch with my own demoralization; and I trust that so many standing on the rim of life's great toilet waiting their turn to be sucked in come face to face with the same thing, that all the time they were succeeding, they looked on the poor and dispossessed with contempt which they cannot spare themselves in that same situation... Those people died of their contempt and immorality which they could not escape themselves, or free each other from- because it was their identity... People know when they have no redeeming qualities...

Some times lovers only have their love of success, their desire for material gain in common, and when another falls over board, they throw them a brick... The man was drowning, and she was trying to cut him loose, and save her self... He had other ideas...
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Fri 26 Nov, 2010 11:08 am
At the start of any relationship, there probably is little or no visible abuse. Why would there be? The normal woman is not attracted to the man who beats her.

But as the relationship progresses between the normal woman and the abuser-to-be male, verbal abuse become evident. This is then followed by physical abuse.

The time to end to end the relationship is at the first sign of ANY abuse. Walk away and don't look back.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Fri 26 Nov, 2010 11:12 am
In Massachusetts today, the State law is that at every visit to her physician, the patient is to be asked whether she/he feels safe at home. If you're being abused, you're supposed to tell the health care provider.

How many women actually open up under these circumstances is unknown to me. I suspect not many.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Fri 26 Nov, 2010 11:24 am
@Miller,
Miller wrote:

If you live in this area, you surely know that 29 abuse murders/11 months for a State aa educated , well-to-do and "civilized" as Massachusetts is a lot. Of course, these incidents represent only the reported episodes of abuse. How many more go unreported in the commonwealth?

Are you referring to the state that is the home of Lizzie Borden?

In my last pass through Foxboro & Fall River, I didn't find them particularly civilized - indeed more like odd little eddys in the genetic stream of American life.

What brought about the legal requirement that all doctors ask their patients if they feel safe at home in this otherwise "well-to-do and civilized" state ?
Miller

Reply Fri 26 Nov, 2010 11:31 am
@georgeob1,
georgeob1 wrote:

What brought about the legal requirement that all doctors ask their patients if they feel safe at home in this otherwise "well-to-do and civilized" state ?

One of the victims of domestic abuse violence was an RN at a major Boston area hospital, who was murdered by her husband. Another victim was a female MD who was routinely beaten up by her husband. One day during a beating by her abusive husband, the woman just couldn't take it any more , so she shot and killed her husband. she went to jail, was tried in Court and got off.

These two incidents have been instrumental is getting the law passed.
georgeob1

Reply Fri 26 Nov, 2010 11:45 am
@Miller,
It wouldn't suprise me to lear that we have something similar in California. However, I don't recall ever getting a question like that. The Board of Supervisors of San Francisco did however take a moment away from from the chore of managing the largest municipal bureaucracy (relative to population) in the country to passing a prohibition of the sale of "Happy Meals" by McDonalds.

These issues and the bans on transfats & salt in New York restaurants, together with the financial mismanagement of these bastions of "well-to-do, civilized" behavior should be enough to cause us all to question such appelations.
Miller

Reply Sat 27 Nov, 2010 09:53 am
@georgeob1,
I learned about the law, after I questioned the purpose of the question. I even complained that I was sick of being asked the question, since I wasn't being abused.
BillRM

Reply Sun 28 Nov, 2010 11:55 pm
@Miller,
Quote:
I learned about the law, after I questioned the purpose of the question. I even complained that I was sick of being asked the question, since I wasn't being abused.

If you are in a relationship with an male you must be a abuse victim it would seem if you would only open up about it.

My favorite law of that nature date back to the 1980s when a surcharge were placed on Florida married license fees to support batter women shelters. I guess the theory was that married women are more likely to be batter then women living in sin with their boyfriends.

Talk about an insulting surcharge.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2010 12:01 am
Neighbor mourns couple found dead in Dedham home in possible murder-suicide
By Brian R. Ballou and John R. Ellement, Globe Staff

DEDHAM – A long-time neighbor of William and Patricia Spada said today she was stunned the Spadas are dead in what authorities are investigating as a possible domestic murder-suicide.

Rosemary Lowney said today she had known the Spadas, who lived at 2 Carmichael Circle, for a dozen years and never saw any sign of violent tensions between them.

She added, “I can’t believe that they’re dead. Police came over last night and told me. I was in shock.’’

According to Norfolk District Attorney William R. Keating, William Spada, 53, and his 51-year-old wife, Patricia, were shot to death inside the home around 1:30 a.m. today.

The couple’s 26-year-old daughter, Deidre, was also shot and is in critical condition at a Boston hospital.

Keating said Deidre Spada’s 27-year-old boyfriend was inside the house when violence broke out around 1:30 a.m.

Keating said the boyfriend told authorities that William Spada shot his wife and daughter before shooting himself. The boyfriend avoided becoming a victim himself only because he was able to run out of the house.

“He was there when the shooting began. His account is that William Spada had been the shooter,’’ Keating said. “He ran from the house to make the call. He was still outside when police came.’’

Keating said it was too soon in the investigation however, to declare that William Spada was responsible for the domestic violence. He said autopsies must be performed and forensic examination conducted of the scene before any final conclusions are reached.
“You never know until you know,’’ Keating said.

He also said that the boyfriend has been cooperative and is not under arrest.

Keating said it is not immediately clear what prompted the shooting. He said all three appeared to have been shot with the same handgun, which has been recovered.

Keating said the Spadas owned a paving company and that the boyfriend worked for the couple. Police found the bodies of the married couple on the first floor of the home and the daughter in another room.

Keating said Dedham police have not been to the Spada home to investigate complaints of domestic violence before this morning.

Carmichael Circle is a cul-de-sac of three homes, and police have sealed off the entire street while they investigate. Parked in the large driveway are at least two trucks marked with the words, “Spada Landscaping and Paving.’’

Police and forensic technicians can be seen entering and leaving the house this morning

Boston.com
Fido

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2010 05:04 am
@Miller,
There is the sort of boyfriend every girl needs as a husband: One who knows when it is time to **** and git..
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Sun 13 Feb, 2011 09:28 am
@Miller,

Anna Tang, Wellesley Student Accused In MIT Dorm Attack Is Freed
02/ 8/11 06:47 AM

BOSTON — A former Massachusetts college student found not guilty by reason of insanity of stabbing her ex-boyfriend as he slept in his MIT dorm room in 2007 has been freed.

Anna Tang was freed by a judge in Middlesex Superior Court on Monday rather than sent to a psychiatric hospital as prosecutors requested.

Tang, who had attended Wellesley College, waived her right to a jury trial. In December, a judge found her not guilty by reason of insanity of charges including armed assault with attempt to murder.

She was sent to a mental health facility. Her lawyer tells The Boston Globe she has responded well to treatment and poses no danger.

The lawyer says she was not being properly treated for bipolar disorder and depression at the time of the attack.

Huffingtonpost.com
0 Replies