58

Why believe in god? The theist perspective.

Galli

1  
Reply Fri 15 Jan, 2021 03:24 pm
@Galli,
I see nothing wrong being a believer or a non-believer. You may be a normal person with your own point of view. The difference between believer and non believer is that, a non-believer might be more analytic and materialistic, I for an example, I don't believe in anything unless I am able to understand it but when someone or things suggest me to believe for faith, I am not ready to accept it. However and notwithstanding the above, I am more inclined to accept ideas from a non-believers
Leadfoot

1  
Reply Sat 16 Jan, 2021 10:03 am
@Galli,
So you know you are biased. That’s a start.

Frank Apisa

1  
Reply Sat 16 Jan, 2021 10:17 am
@Galli,
Galli wrote:

Hi, I am atheist but I see nothing wrong in being a theist, to evaluate a person I would like to have a debate, see what's his reason for believe and I would espose mine for not believing, then and according to his/her idea I may evaluate the person

Two things:

One, earlier you wrote: "...we (humans) developed and intelligece while the other species have not."

It was a poorly written sentence, but the idea I think you were trying to communicate is that humans have intelligence and other animals do not.

Where does that come from????

Two...you wrote: "I am an atheist."

That means different things to different people. What does that mean to you?