65
   

Why believe in god? The theist perspective.

 
 
Galli
 
  1  
Reply Fri 15 Jan, 2021 03:24 pm
@Galli,
I see nothing wrong being a believer or a non-believer. You may be a normal person with your own point of view. The difference between believer and non believer is that, a non-believer might be more analytic and materialistic, I for an example, I don't believe in anything unless I am able to understand it but when someone or things suggest me to believe for faith, I am not ready to accept it. However and notwithstanding the above, I am more inclined to accept ideas from a non-believers
Leadfoot
 
  1  
Reply Sat 16 Jan, 2021 10:03 am
@Galli,
So you know you are biased. That’s a start.
0 Replies
 
Frank Apisa
 
  1  
Reply Sat 16 Jan, 2021 10:17 am
@Galli,
Galli wrote:

Hi, I am atheist but I see nothing wrong in being a theist, to evaluate a person I would like to have a debate, see what's his reason for believe and I would espose mine for not believing, then and according to his/her idea I may evaluate the person


Two things:

One, earlier you wrote: "...we (humans) developed and intelligece while the other species have not."

It was a poorly written sentence, but the idea I think you were trying to communicate is that humans have intelligence and other animals do not.

Where does that come from????

Two...you wrote: "I am an atheist."

That means different things to different people. What does that mean to you?
0 Replies
 
The Anointed
 
  -1  
Reply Sun 8 Aug, 2021 05:27 pm
@Galli,
So, If someone told you that the eternal, which has neither beginning or end has manifested itself as this universe and all within it, and all the life forms that it has become are merely information gatherers to that which is the collective consciousness of all that it has become, would you believe that person or not?
0 Replies
 
Leadfoot
 
  1  
Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2021 11:24 am
It is difficult for a theist to describe the personal reasons why they believe in God. The simple reason is that a theist believes chiefly because of their personal interactions with God. What can one say about such things, they are too personal.

But the world is filled with obvious examples of things that required an intelligent designer.

I saw an article in 'ieee Spectrum' today that demonstrates the unliklihood of a flexible design being the result of blind chance with no forethought.

The article was not about theism or God, but it was about 'intelligent design'. 'Agility's goal for its robots was to make the most cost-effective yet functional robots without regard to esthetics. The end result looked distinctly humanoid, two arms, two legs, main sensors on a 'head' between the shoulders, etc.
. When asked by the journalist 'why bother making it in humanoid form', the chief technology officer replied:
Quote:

“We did not set out to build a humanoid robot. We set out to solve mobility."
—Agility CTO Jonathan Hurst


This is especially impressive given that all bassic body forms originated during the Cambrian period. Prior to that, the most advanced animal life was worms under the sea and nothing on land.

How did blind chance foresee how optimum mobility/agility would be achieved with this humanoid form-factor even befor it crawled onshore?
0 Replies
 
cheater120
 
  -3  
Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2022 11:01 am
"God" is the father's method, to a male, or the women's seat of religion, to a female.

If you say you're atheist, you're indicating you're not open for sex.

Who have you been sexually harassing? All of us?
0 Replies
 
bulmabriefs144
 
  -3  
Reply Sun 14 Aug, 2022 08:16 pm
@msolga,
I think there's a difference between believing in God and trusting God.

It is actually rather easy to believe in God (that is to accept that there is proof for God), despite atheists repeatedly saying there is no evidence. We have a veritable host of created things, which demands a creator.
"But we really don't need a creator..." but you're wrong, because there is nothing in this world that doesn't come from somewhere.
So yes, everything that exists is created, and evolution isn't some magical easy out for that. Because everything that evolves comes from created proto-life. We can see a limitless number of living and nonliving created objects. Yes, you can believe in God's existence.

Believing in God is easy. Even atheists can assert that "Maybe something did create everything, but I cannot believe in a God, because the world is entirely too cruel for there to be a loving and caring God."

This is where trusting God comes into the picture. On a fundamental level, even if an atheist considers something created everything, they usually depersonalize that as some sort of force or theory rather than an entity, because an entity strikes them like a bad father or a tyrant. They want no part of such a notion. Stephen Hawking said it was not necessary to invoke God, but in fact claims that "nothing" created the universe.

Quote:
If we can provisionally grant this to Darwin, we cannot grant it to Hawking. His hypothesis distinguishes itself from Darwin’s on precisely this point. Having said that the universe was created from “nothing,” Hawking clearly intends (again) by “nothing” the absence of matter (or is it matter and energy?), and, conversely, by “something,” material (or quantifiable) being. Prior to the actual existence of material being must actually exist that set of laws described in posterior fashion by quantum theory. That is, a non-material cause—a formal principle or law—must necessarily pre -exist matter.

Hawking’s poor phrasing tries to conceal this conclusion, which nonetheless seems a necessary predicate of his claims. He does not give us leave to parallel Darwin’s distinction between prior “design” and posterior “law” with his own use of “law” and “theory.” For, according to Hawking, law and theory are actual causes of material beings. Once again, though his language crumbles in the effort to establish this point, he is arguing that law and theory must therefore precede the existence of the “something” he calls, with us, the sensible created material universe.


But even a theist has serious grief over the fact that despite being sure God exists, they are troubled by what seems to be capricious behavior. Why does God give us no answers to questions of meaning? Why does God appear to kill people from accident or sickness? Why does life seem absurd?

You see, until we can trust God, we are in as much insecurity as an agnostic, perhaps more.
Frank Apisa
 
  -1  
Reply Mon 15 Aug, 2022 04:57 am
@bulmabriefs144,
bulmabriefs144 wrote:


I think there's a difference between believing in God and trusting God.

It is actually rather easy to believe in God (that is to accept that there is proof for God), despite atheists repeatedly saying there is no evidence. We have a veritable host of created things, which demands a creator.
"But we really don't need a creator..." but you're wrong, because there is nothing in this world that doesn't come from somewhere.
So yes, everything that exists is created, and evolution isn't some magical easy out for that. Because everything that evolves comes from created proto-life. We can see a limitless number of living and nonliving created objects. Yes, you can believe in God's existence.

Believing in God is easy. Even atheists can assert that "Maybe something did create everything, but I cannot believe in a God, because the world is entirely too cruel for there to be a loving and caring God."

This is where trusting God comes into the picture. On a fundamental level, even if an atheist considers something created everything, they usually depersonalize that as some sort of force or theory rather than an entity, because an entity strikes them like a bad father or a tyrant. They want no part of such a notion. Stephen Hawking said it was not necessary to invoke God, but in fact claims that "nothing" created the universe.

Quote:
If we can provisionally grant this to Darwin, we cannot grant it to Hawking. His hypothesis distinguishes itself from Darwin’s on precisely this point. Having said that the universe was created from “nothing,” Hawking clearly intends (again) by “nothing” the absence of matter (or is it matter and energy?), and, conversely, by “something,” material (or quantifiable) being. Prior to the actual existence of material being must actually exist that set of laws described in posterior fashion by quantum theory. That is, a non-material cause—a formal principle or law—must necessarily pre -exist matter.

Hawking’s poor phrasing tries to conceal this conclusion, which nonetheless seems a necessary predicate of his claims. He does not give us leave to parallel Darwin’s distinction between prior “design” and posterior “law” with his own use of “law” and “theory.” For, according to Hawking, law and theory are actual causes of material beings. Once again, though his language crumbles in the effort to establish this point, he is arguing that law and theory must therefore precede the existence of the “something” he calls, with us, the sensible created material universe.


But even a theist has serious grief over the fact that despite being sure God exists, they are troubled by what seems to be capricious behavior. Why does God give us no answers to questions of meaning? Why does God appear to kill people from accident or sickness? Why does life seem absurd?

You see, until we can trust God, we are in as much insecurity as an agnostic, perhaps more.


This is about as pathetic an argument on the existence of gods as I've ever read here in A2K.

Congratulations.

I knew you were kidding around after your first two words..."I think."

bulmabriefs144
 
  -3  
Reply Mon 15 Aug, 2022 07:06 am
@Frank Apisa,
No it's not.

I just didn't have any time or energy to commit to it. I just got back yesterday.

https://dg.imgix.net/why-god-created-the-world-gjjxgd4x-en/landscape/why-god-created-the-world-gjjxgd4x.jpg?ts=1472488496&ixlib=rails-4.2.0&fit=crop&w=2000&h=1050

We have a ridiculously large (I deliberately made it "over 9000" ) universe filled with all sorts of things to explore, if the round Earthers are right and it isn't all just a parallax. We have all sorts of plants,animals, fungi, protists, monera, archae, and there's things that don't fit properly like some practical joke (gingko and platypus). Anyone who can see has no reason not to believe in God.
https://www.thoughtco.com/thmb/zmGLoIEe_nd_6WfH9Ut3RgDLaJg=/2667x2000/smart/filters:no_upscale()/six-kingdoms-of-life-373414-Final1-5c538e2446e0fb00013faa3c.png

What about blind people? Well it's actually a miracle that someone completely bkind can manage in this world. They can go to a library and find something to read to them, there are braille (personally, I think Braille is a suck system, it doesn't seem to relate to the real shape of letters, meaning it's something people have to learn artificially) books and signs and resources to give them a fairly full life. There are doggos to guide them across streets.
But there are plenty of things in this world for them even if they stubbornly refuse help. Things to hear, feel, and smell. And increasingly there are actual cures for blindness. Will you also be cured of your spiritual blindness?

So yes, the proof exists all around us. The created universe is vast, and our world brims with life.

On the other hand, God's an even lazier bum than Sora. If I were to jump off a bridge into a highway below, I would end up dead or crippled. God doesn't necessarily protect us from our own decisions. I just prayed for Anne Heche, but God may or may not help her recover. So you see, it's not really about whether you believe God exists. Do we trust in God, and that he will do the right thing? Or do we figure he's got better things to do than to help a poor sad woman find peace and happiness?

We can tell from the creation that God most definitely exists, but we have a pretty strong case for deism, that God checked out or became dspressed himself somewhere after creating everything, or maybe doesn't want to interfere with human free will.
https://images.thestar.com/-K9lG2eLZpIMnuLhi2MPpWtu3bU=/1086x1051/smart/filters:cb(2700061000)/https://www.thestar.com/content/dam/thestar/entertainment/movies/2018/01/25/anne-heche-claims-she-was-fired-after-refusing-to-give-harvey-weinstein-oral-sex/heche.jpg
We can't really command God to help this woman, she either lives or dies. But this is exactly the point.

Believing in God is fairly easy, but trust in God, especially if you pray and your prayers aren't answered, is extremely difficult. Sometimes God comes across as a giant dick.
bulmabriefs144
 
  -2  
Reply Mon 15 Aug, 2022 07:29 am
@bulmabriefs144,
She's apparently dead already.
https://abcnews.go.com/US/anne-heche-dies-car-crash-family/story?id=88139013
I don't read the news much.

I think that's kinda my point. There is a lot of wonder in the world, but there's also alot of misery and suffering. And God often doesn't seem to help for it. It is more difficult to trust God, than to believe in God.
0 Replies
 
Frank Apisa
 
  0  
Reply Mon 15 Aug, 2022 07:34 am
@bulmabriefs144,
bulmabriefs144 wrote:

No it's not.

I just didn't have any time or energy to commit to it. I just got back yesterday.

https://dg.imgix.net/why-god-created-the-world-gjjxgd4x-en/landscape/why-god-created-the-world-gjjxgd4x.jpg?ts=1472488496&ixlib=rails-4.2.0&fit=crop&w=2000&h=1050

We have a ridiculously large (I deliberately made it "over 9000" ) universe filled with all sorts of things to explore, if the round Earthers are right and it isn't all just a parallax. We have all sorts of plants,animals, fungi, protists, monera, archae, and there's things that don't fit properly like some practical joke (gingko and platypus). Anyone who can see has no reason not to believe in God.
https://www.thoughtco.com/thmb/zmGLoIEe_nd_6WfH9Ut3RgDLaJg=/2667x2000/smart/filters:no_upscale()/six-kingdoms-of-life-373414-Final1-5c538e2446e0fb00013faa3c.png

What about blind people? Well it's actually a miracle that someone completely bkind can manage in this world. They can go to a library and find something to read to them, there are braille (personally, I think Braille is a suck system, it doesn't seem to relate to the real shape of letters, meaning it's something people have to learn artificially) books and signs and resources to give them a fairly full life. There are doggos to guide them across streets.
But there are plenty of things in this world for them even if they stubbornly refuse help. Things to hear, feel, and smell. And increasingly there are actual cures for blindness. Will you also be cured of your spiritual blindness?

So yes, the proof exists all around us. The created universe is vast, and our world brims with life.

On the other hand, God's an even lazier bum than Sora. If I were to jump off a bridge into a highway below, I would end up dead or crippled. God doesn't necessarily protect us from our own decisions. I just prayed for Anne Heche, but God may or may not help her recover. So you see, it's not really about whether you believe God exists. Do we trust in God, and that he will do the right thing? Or do we figure he's got better things to do than to help a poor sad woman find peace and happiness?

We can tell from the creation that God most definitely exists, but we have a pretty strong case for deism, that God checked out or became dspressed himself somewhere after creating everything, or maybe doesn't want to interfere with human free will.
https://images.thestar.com/-K9lG2eLZpIMnuLhi2MPpWtu3bU=/1086x1051/smart/filters:cb(2700061000)/https://www.thestar.com/content/dam/thestar/entertainment/movies/2018/01/25/anne-heche-claims-she-was-fired-after-refusing-to-give-harvey-weinstein-oral-sex/heche.jpg
We can't really command God to help this woman, she either lives or dies. But this is exactly the point.


Anne is already dead.

Quote:

Believing in God is fairly easy, but trust in God, especially if you pray and your prayers aren't answered, is extremely difficult. Sometimes God comes across as a giant dick.


You come across as a moron...on a regular basis. In fact, if I were forced to bet on it, I would put my money on "you are a moron."

Anyway, in a post a while back, you mentioned you had posted just after watching the movie Waitress. I meant to ask you if you had watched the Waitress of 2007 or the same named movie Waitress of 1980...but forgot to do so. Which was it? I was an extra in the 1980 one...and managed to get a very short speaking part in it.
bulmabriefs144
 
  -3  
Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2022 08:07 am
@Frank Apisa,
I corrected this a post later.

I don't follow the latest news. We watched Anne Heche movies, and shows, but ultimately I didn't know of her death until days later.

I would say you're wrong anyway. Anne Heche lives on in three distinct ways:
1. She is immortalized in her movies and shows. Shs will always be as old as she was then in each of those, until the records break down.
2. She just donated her organs, meaning part of her lives on long after she died.
3. I believe in an afterlife, where her troubled soul will finally find piece. But even if you disbelieve this, she has cheated death in the above two ways.

Waitress 2007. The gal was a piemaker, and someone donated her the deed to the shop, at the beginning and the end of the movie, they have moms singing, "Baby don't'cha cry, gonna bake a pie, gonna bake a pie with a heart in the middle." The second time, it's her to her own daughter. The context was that the boyfriend wanted her to hate the child, and this is analogous to the minset of abortion boyfriends . That they she want to **** and run, and often force a choice on a woman that traumatizes them.

I notice you couldn't actually dispute that the stars and numerous animals exist, you could only call me a moron because I didn't know Anne Heche was dead.
Frank Apisa
 
  2  
Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2022 09:10 am
@bulmabriefs144,
bulmabriefs144 wrote:


I corrected this a post later.

I don't follow the latest news. We watched Anne Heche movies, and shows, but ultimately I didn't know of her death until days later.

I would say you're wrong anyway. Anne Heche lives on in three distinct ways:
1. She is immortalized in her movies and shows. Shs will always be as old as she was then in each of those, until the records break down.
2. She just donated her organs, meaning part of her lives on long after she died.
3. I believe in an afterlife, where her troubled soul will finally find piece. But even if you disbelieve this, she has cheated death in the above two ways.

Waitress 2007. The gal was a piemaker, and someone donated her the deed to the shop, at the beginning and the end of the movie, they have moms singing, "Baby don't'cha cry, gonna bake a pie, gonna bake a pie with a heart in the middle." The second time, it's her to her own daughter. The context was that the boyfriend wanted her to hate the child, and this is analogous to the minset of abortion boyfriends . That they she want to **** and run, and often force a choice on a woman that traumatizes them.

I notice you couldn't actually dispute that the stars and numerous animals exist, you could only call me a moron because I didn't know Anne Heche was dead.


I did not call you a moron because you did not know Anne was dead. In fact, I did not call you a moron. What I said was, "You come across as a moron...on a regular basis. In fact, if I were forced to bet on it, I would put my money on 'you are a moron.'"

Subtle, but significant difference.
bulmabriefs144
 
  -3  
Reply Wed 17 Aug, 2022 07:04 am
@Frank Apisa,
That's called a weasel word expression.

You lack conviction to outright make a claim and stand by it, so you're like...
Some feel that Bulma is a moron.
Many suspect Bulma is a moron.
Studies show Bulma is a moron.
Bulma comes across as a moron.

Well they may, but I respect people more who come out and directly air their issues, even though I mat be mad.

I had a boss who probably personally saw me as a rival. I'd work hard to please her, and she thought I wanted to compete with her (no, I wanted to help), but I did have issues with inexperience (which she exploited against me). At one point, she was actually verbally abusive. "You've been here two years, you should know about this." Uhhh actually , several senior workers usually dealt with this, now you've sent them off on personal tasks, on a Uriah gambit. But it's not my job to also do their job, not if I'm not paid more. So she rewrites the job expectation and sends it out, basically communicating that she wants me to do more. But in many cases, I don't know their job, so I wouldn't be able to help with that anyway. And my hours are being cut even though I'm trying to cooperate. I eventually get myself fired because I communicate this exact point to her boss, and he kinda sorta takes her side. I didn't really expect him to do anything about her, but I wanted out.

The point of this long story? Well I like to tell stories. But also sometimes she'd say "Some people have complained about..." In some cases it was actual customers, as I admit that I was stressed and probably being blunt to people as a result. In other cases, it was "(I'm complaining to you about this, but I'm masking it behind 'some people')." I would have liked her alot more if she'd distinguished between "Customers have told me..." ( and actually I'd like to have been able to connect her words with a specific customer, so I'm like "Oh that was when..." and try to do better. ) and "Uhhhh I kinda think you're a little bit risque in your dress code/abrupt sometimes/you don't pay attention."

So, do studies really show that Bulma is a moron?

Not really, just someone who disagrees with you and likes telling long yarns.
hightor
 
  2  
Reply Wed 17 Aug, 2022 08:00 am
Quote:
So, do studies really show that Bulma is a moron?

No, I haven't seen any scientific studies, but his posts tend to make one suspect as much.
izzythepush
 
  1  
Reply Wed 17 Aug, 2022 08:07 am
@hightor,
It's called the bleeding obvious.
0 Replies
 
Frank Apisa
 
  1  
Reply Wed 17 Aug, 2022 08:46 am
@bulmabriefs144,
bulmabriefs144 wrote:


That's called a weasel word expression.

You lack conviction to outright make a claim and stand by it, so you're like...
Some feel that Bulma is a moron.
Many suspect Bulma is a moron.
Studies show Bulma is a moron.
Bulma comes across as a moron.

Well they may, but I respect people more who come out and directly air their issues, even though I mat be mad.

I had a boss who probably personally saw me as a rival. I'd work hard to please her, and she thought I wanted to compete with her (no, I wanted to help), but I did have issues with inexperience (which she exploited against me). At one point, she was actually verbally abusive. "You've been here two years, you should know about this." Uhhh actually , several senior workers usually dealt with this, now you've sent them off on personal tasks, on a Uriah gambit. But it's not my job to also do their job, not if I'm not paid more. So she rewrites the job expectation and sends it out, basically communicating that she wants me to do more. But in many cases, I don't know their job, so I wouldn't be able to help with that anyway. And my hours are being cut even though I'm trying to cooperate. I eventually get myself fired because I communicate this exact point to her boss, and he kinda sorta takes her side. I didn't really expect him to do anything about her, but I wanted out.

The point of this long story? Well I like to tell stories. But also sometimes she'd say "Some people have complained about..." In some cases it was actual customers, as I admit that I was stressed and probably being blunt to people as a result. In other cases, it was "(I'm complaining to you about this, but I'm masking it behind 'some people')." I would have liked her alot more if she'd distinguished between "Customers have told me..." ( and actually I'd like to have been able to connect her words with a specific customer, so I'm like "Oh that was when..." and try to do better. ) and "Uhhhh I kinda think you're a little bit risque in your dress code/abrupt sometimes/you don't pay attention."

So, do studies really show that Bulma is a moron?

Not really, just someone who disagrees with you and likes telling long yarns.


I'm sorry. Were you saying something?

bulmabriefs144
 
  -2  
Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2022 05:39 am
@Frank Apisa,
Yeah. Mainly about not having the guts to call me a moron directly.

But I'll drop it to instead talk about my original point, the difference between trust in God and belief in God. The Jews knew God existed, but completely rejected him. They wanted to build a kingdom even though God was already ruling them (they had a theistic anarchy), because they wanted to be like other nations. Even earlier, the explanation for why the Tower of Babel was built. You see, the crime wasn't to build too high, though your very avatar shows what happens when you try to do that. It was the oppressive system that created back-breaking labor in order that the vision of the architects was carried out.

"Head and hands need a mediator. The mediator between head and hands must be the heart!" (Metropolis)

Frank Apisa
 
  1  
Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2022 09:02 am
@bulmabriefs144,
bulmabriefs144 wrote:


Yeah. Mainly about not having the guts to call me a moron directly.

But I'll drop it to instead talk about my original point, the difference between trust in God and belief in God. The Jews knew God existed, but completely rejected him. They wanted to build a kingdom even though God was already ruling them (they had a theistic anarchy), because they wanted to be like other nations. Even earlier, the explanation for why the Tower of Babel was built. You see, the crime wasn't to build too high, though your very avatar shows what happens when you try to do that. It was the oppressive system that created back-breaking labor in order that the vision of the architects was carried out.

"Head and hands need a mediator. The mediator between head and hands must be the heart!" (Metropolis)




One...you act like a moron so often, I am sure there are people other than moi who think you are.

Two...calling someone a moron on the Internet is not meant to be interpreted as suggesting the individual has a low IQ. It more reasonably is meant to suggest that the person is a jerk.

Not sure why you are guessing that the Jews "knew" got existed and rejected him, but I think that is the kind of guess a moron would make.

bulmabriefs144
 
  -2  
Reply Sun 21 Aug, 2022 06:53 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
Not sure why you are guessing that the Jews "knew" got existed and rejected him, but I think that is the kind of guess a moron would make.


You typoed here.

It should read,
"Not sure why you are guessing that the Jews 'knew' God existed and rejected him, but I think that is the kind of guess a moron would make."

Jews knew this, because unlike you, they actually observed nature and understood that there was something out there that couldn't be explained by graduate-level science. Yes, they come across as tribal rubes too unsophisticated to understand what they were seeing.

But the story of Genesis and Exodus is the story of the relationship of a family line, and their being picked by someone beyond their comprehension.
* Abraham was convinced that his line would end with him. Instead, even though he was old and his wife was barren, he has a child. He eventually becomes great-grandfather (probly not while alive) of twelve kids, each of which have families of their own.
* The father of these twelve kids is a scoundrel, but nonetheless encounters a strange man who wrestles with him before touching his hip and putting it out of socket. The man then blesses him on behalf of God telling him that his name will be Israel, the name of the nation that later will be founded.
* One of these twelve kids gets sold into slavery by his brothers, then winds up in prison because his master's wife goes all #MeToo on him for refusing her. Welp, that's the end of Joseph, right? No, actually he makes his way all the way up to Pharoah's #2 by having a gift to interpret dreams.
* Then generations pass, and the Jews are slaves in Egypt. Instead of staying slaves for the rest of their existence, they are rescued from Egypt, and their foes are defeated simply for following them across a river. We'll leave out the ten plagues.

(The thing is, Egypt has records of Joseph and Moses)
https://bibleask.org/is-there-a-record-for-the-biblical-joseph-and-his-story-in-egyptian-history/
https://wyattmuseum.com/joseph-in-ancient-egyptian-history/2011-664
https://www.ancient-origins.net/history-famous-people/moses-0012411
https://www.anumuseum.org.il/blog-items/lets-hear-it-from-the-pharaohs-the-egyptian-story-of-moses/

To put this in perspective, this would be like if you met a gumiho (nine-tailed fox) guised as a woman while shopping at a department store. After chasing her down because she shoplifted, you see her in her true form.
Would you be able to find a reasonable explanation for such a critter? Or would it be more sensible to say this, "Science is the study of the natural world. This is a supernatural being. I don't know how to explain this scientifically, but maybe I don't need to." You have some misguided notion that you have to cast aside science to believe in the supernatural. Supernatural = "above" "natural". Science is the study of the natural world. It is fully possible to have a grasp of science, and to partition supernatural events as simply outside the study of science.
https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com/f/2d08c21c-7aa3-4f71-ac9e-4b7a20df83e1/dcaoa14-11cd1360-dae1-478b-bc3e-408628ffc93b.jpg/v1/fill/w_894,h_894,q_70,strp/gumiho_by_letrongdao_dcaoa14-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9MTAyNCIsInBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzJkMDhjMjFjLTdhYTMtNGY3MS1hYzllLTRiN2EyMGRmODNlMVwvZGNhb2ExNC0xMWNkMTM2MC1kYWUxLTQ3OGItYmMzZS00MDg2MjhmZmM5M2IuanBnIiwid2lkdGgiOiI8PTEwMjQifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6aW1hZ2Uub3BlcmF0aW9ucyJdfQ.uXmLpfa9wfOyJI5GvXFk6-RNQgwEImnJ5-ngFfJh7JQ
So how did the Jews know? They knew because they had an encounter much like you meeting this hot gumiho (right before she eats your liver, of course).

The kind of thing that a moron would do is not see evidence right in front of them. So if you ever meet a foxy lady, don't act like she isn't for real. That's moronic.
 

Related Topics

 
Copyright © 2022 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/30/2022 at 04:36:54