Spendi and the Pub.

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2010 10:27 am
much has been made of Spendi and his visits to the pub indicating that his posts are the result of excess imbibing. I'm guessing that is merely sillyness. Spendi is more often than not a thorn rather than a sotted poster. A provocateur of entertainment. No one takes Spendi less serious than does spendi. That's my guess.

Mame

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2010 10:42 am
I agree with the first two sentences. I don't find him a thorn and I have no idea if he takes himself less seriously than anyone else.

I am a little peeved, however, that he refused to meet up in the UK.
Sglass

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2010 10:50 am
@Mame,
That's because he really doesn't want you to know that he is a female impersonator.

Other than that he has a delicious collection of words.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2010 10:51 am
@Mame,
well Mame while I greatly enjoyed your visit, I can honestly say that many members here might not, there are many members who can't accept any challenge to their beliefs systems, personally I enjoy challenge however I have experienced many who don't.
Mame

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2010 10:56 am
@dyslexia,
I just wanted to quaff a beer with the bloke Smile You, on the other hand, invite and thrive on challenge.
Setanta

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2010 11:06 am
@Mame,
That Mame . . . she quaffs, she bullies, she quaffs some more, she goes out for a smoke, she comes back and bullies and quaffs . . . i was so intimidated i just sat there not saying a word. Honest to Dog, not a word . . .
Mame

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2010 11:18 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

i was so intimidated i just sat there not saying a word. Honest to Dog, not a word . . .

HA HA and JoeBlow will back me up, bubba.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2010 11:39 am
I love reading spendi's posts. I always read them with a Stewie Griffin voice. He just wants to say, "hi".

0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2010 12:08 pm
@dyslexia,
Mame's fine to argue with - we had a good arguing round on the way to Santa Fe, satisfying for both of us. Can't remember if Thomas got a word in edgewise. Unfortunately, we all agreed on the art work we saw, leaving us argument free in those hours.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2010 12:19 pm
@dyslexia,
Quote:
personally I enjoy challenge however I have experienced many who don't.

I dont enjoy spendi "challenges" because they arent really challenges at all. They are merely continuous rote phrases circling the same subject. Even his references dont change.

If he could make an argument simpler, that would indicate that he knew of what he spoke. He cant, so hes not worth responding to.

Those who are merely impressed by his run on sentences havent ever analyzed them to determine whether his responses even make sense. I believe that spendi is without garments.
Dutchy

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2010 05:49 pm
@farmerman,
Of all the posters on A2K I regard Spendi as the most intelligent of them all. His arguments are flawless and portray a man of great wisdom who has experienced life in all its ups and downs. He is a man who understands the frontier of human thought and is not afraid to challenge those that disagree. Keep up the good work Spendi, you're a genius.
Mame

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2010 06:09 pm
@Dutchy,
Awww, that's a nice post, D, but can you define "frontiers of human thought"?
2PacksAday

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2010 06:22 pm
@Mame,
My guess would be...he is saying that Spendi is the offspring of Captain James T. Kirk/Linus Pauling.
Mame

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2010 06:24 pm
@2PacksAday,
That was my take on it, too. Funny.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2010 06:41 pm
@Dutchy,
Dutchy wrote:

Of all the posters on A2K I regard Spendi as the most intelligent of them all. His arguments are flawless and portray a man of great wisdom who has experienced life in all its ups and downs. He is a man who understands the frontier of human thought and is not afraid to challenge those that disagree. Keep up the good work Spendi, you're a genius.

Surely you jest???
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2010 07:17 pm
@Dutchy,
Dutchy wrote:

I generally agree. His arguments aren't flawless and he sometimes lets the metaphors and ideas he puts out so profusely run away beyond even his reach. However, he does address key elements of reality that many of those here whose certainty exceeds the reach of their understanding - those who are excessively sure they really know - find disturbing and irksome.

Farmerman is a very good & smart guy too. However, he's an impatient geologist who finds Spendi's flights of fancy and intuition too far removed from dirt, rocks and chemical processes.

Dys just likes to make trouble, and Mame does like a quaff. Me .. ? I like you all.
Mame

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2010 07:25 pm
@georgeob1,
If I like a quaff, I'd get along famously with spendi.

And I like you, too, Gob1. But I still say, when you're coming to Cgy, email or pm me!

Dutchy's most liked for his non-partisanship among posters - his decency.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2010 07:29 pm
@Dutchy,
Dutchy, I was mistaken about you all these years, because I always thought you had above average gray matter above your shoulders. Your read of spendi is just the complete opposite from mine; I've always thought spendi's word play was entertainment on its own merits, because they never revealed anything about the topic being discussed, but managed to skirt around in another hemisphere.

spendi seems to fall into un-grammar land once in awhile, and his construction of words are a conglomeration of mixed metaphors that leaves the reader guessing what he's trying to say. All part of the fun.

spendi is a genius, but I've not been able to determine why or what.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2010 07:42 pm
I largely agree with farmerman on spendi, although I do think farmerman was more generous than I would be. Let's just say that my opinion of spendius is far from high.

In re: meeting other posters

There are many I refuse to meet or will meet only if I can represent myself as someone else. I would rather be anonymous with a few.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2010 08:38 pm
A rather nice page by A2K standards. A couple of turds in the soup, but they are from predictable sources and don't count for much.