Is the Saddam we found the real one?

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2003 01:16 pm
Tony Blair has already stated that the death penalty is okay with him......I think it's safe to state as a given that Bush wants Saddam dead....after all he's been willing to bankrupt America and cause the death of Amercian boys and girls to do it so far......along with that motive to acquire acquire acquire....and the Iraqis are not going to have any second thoughts about executing him I don't think......but we'll have to see what happens.....whatever causes Bush Inc. to profit the most is how this will play out.........at the end of the day there's only room for one cold blooded leader whose only concern is making a profit and gathering power to himself and right now is GWB's time......
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2003 01:53 pm
Honestly, I don't care if he gets the death penalty or not. Well, maybe I would prefer it if he were tried in Iraq. It is kind of final.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2003 02:09 pm
My guess is he will get whatever the Iraqi's decide he should get.

So...Tony Blair has said that executing him is okay with him.

Hummmm....a lap dog to the bitter end.

I'da never thunk it!
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2003 02:16 pm
Guess I was wrong about Blair. The fact that the UK doesn't execute criminals threw me off. When it comes to Iraq, all bets are off re Blair...
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2003 05:33 pm
truth
I definetly do not see W as a Lonesome Cowboy going it alone; I see him as a weak brained lacky being pushed by his neocom masters.
0 Replies

Individual

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2003 09:58 pm
What good would killing him actually do? I'm against the death penalty for Saddam because he'd be better off in permanent isolation for the rest of his life.

And if they do vote to keep him alive, where are they going to put him? You can't just stick someone like him into an underfunded Iraqi prison because he is sure to escape, and if we take him to the states he will be murdered by the other inmates.
0 Replies

metaethics

Reply Wed 17 Dec, 2003 06:42 am
Someone could write a speech for Sadam and have him read, just like what the Emperor Hirohito did to his nation by admitting his fault and guilt. Hirohito called for cease fire and unconditional surrender and that speech silenced his royalists in and out of Japan.

It could help stop the killings by the local Iraqi guerrillas.

Does Sadam have the same kind of awe to his people? Why don't we give it a try? He's so concerned about his "life" and he may cut the deal. Just like Hirohito, Sadam would never consider 'harakiri' suicide the way of honor.

Sadam may go for this make-or-break speech, and could spend the rest of his life as a born-again peacemaker at a palace with King of Jordan, who could be his mentor from now.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 17 Dec, 2003 08:15 am
Why not give him the deal, have him read the speech, enjoy all the benefits that would bring (seeing him humiliated if nothing else) and then renege on the deal and kill him anyway?

That would be completely in character for GWB and the rest of the boys. :wink:
0 Replies

Individual

Reply Wed 17 Dec, 2003 05:27 pm
It would also be horrible for the United States' already dirty political reputation.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Wed 17 Dec, 2003 07:23 pm
truth
We would figure out a way to make it look like suicide or assassination by a "crazed Iraqui" who would be killed on the site of the assassination.
0 Replies

Individual

Reply Wed 17 Dec, 2003 07:30 pm
And then there would be people on A2K that wondered if the whole assassination was engineered but won't be able to do anything about it.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Wed 17 Dec, 2003 08:23 pm
truth
You got it.
0 Replies

Individual

Reply Wed 17 Dec, 2003 08:27 pm
Consider this, what if the Iraqis really did have biological weapons?
And what if they threatened to use them on the United States if we did not return Saddam to Iraq or to safety?
Would the US government break it's zero tolerance policy with terrorists, or would it comply only to wait for revenge?
After all, the government is the one that said that the Iraqis had biological weapons in the first place, and such an attack could be very bad in a populated city.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Wed 17 Dec, 2003 08:32 pm
truth
You should write for TV. I see an exciting story forming here.
0 Replies

Individual

Reply Wed 17 Dec, 2003 08:37 pm
I have often thought about it, but all of that stuff is too methodical and formulaic. Have you noticed that television is incredibly predictable these days?

I get off track way too easily...
0 Replies

Individual

Reply Wed 17 Dec, 2003 08:38 pm
Back on subject, if we assumed our normal zero tolerance and told the Iraqis to f*** off (in a formal declaration of course), would we have enough time to prepare for an attack?
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Wed 17 Dec, 2003 08:45 pm
truth
Really can't say.
Getting back off track: The Fox program, 24 hours, is one of the few programs that keeps me on the ropes. Such surprise twists and suspense.
0 Replies

Individual

Reply Wed 17 Dec, 2003 08:52 pm
I watched one episode and thought that it was pretty trashy. But that's just my opinion.
0 Replies