Is the Saddam we found the real one?

cjhsa

Reply Mon 15 Dec, 2003 04:54 pm
I said nothing about Ted, only promoted his charity.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Mon 15 Dec, 2003 04:56 pm
You guys are cracking me up--in a good way! I'm chuckling over this notion that the legal process may go horribly wrong, and we won't get the guilty outcome we fully expect. Kinda like O.J. Or those Enron or World Com execs who never knew the nasty stuff that was going on all around them.

And there Saddam would be, hanging out at a Baghdad cafe, discussing old times with his former cronies. The U.S. couldn't interfere with the Iraqi legal process because they would be in revolt again and we'd never get the troops out.

Oh, that would rankle, all right...
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Mon 15 Dec, 2003 04:57 pm
truth
Cjhsa, THAT says something about him--implicitly.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 15 Dec, 2003 04:58 pm
Many have said it would be better if he had been killed. But it does show that we don't always shoot first and ask questions later.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 15 Dec, 2003 05:07 pm
CJ
No, they just bombed and shot all the innocent people.
0 Replies

Individual

Reply Mon 15 Dec, 2003 08:48 pm
Craven de Kere wrote:
DNA's margin of error is very very slight. This is why it's such powerful evidence. If it were as faulty as you seem to think it can be it would not be such a case maker or breaker.

It does have it's drawbacks and they do happen very frequently. It's not in the DNA itself though, the problem lies in how the DNA is obtained or handled. The reason that so many people were pardoned is because the cases weren't reexamined until years later.
Butrflynet wrote:
What is it that will convince you that we have the right man?

When somebody does it, I'll tell you.
amethyst wrote:
What will you do if it is the fake Saddam?

I think that we should put him into power.
cjhsa wrote:

[Saddam's] language was quite colorful and his demeanor quite forceful. They had no doubt who he was.

A way with words does not make a leader, take Bush for example...
cjhsa wrote:
People like Frank and JL just can't stand the fact that Bush is doing a great job, and is very popular, that we caught Saddam alive, that the economy is turning around, that Bill and Hillary are irrelevant.

First of all, until I get some hard evidence that doesn't come from a television screen, I seriously doubt that the government is making any great changes, let alone Bush himself. Second of all, Bill and Hillary were always irrelevant, why did you ever bring the matter up?
cjhsa wrote:
An Email from a Captain in Iraq...

What does that little story have to do with?
cjhsa wrote:

As far as Bush being qualified to run the country, he certainly isn't any less qualified than a sexual predator who actually brought that problem with him into the Whitehouse.

She didn't think that he was a predator at the time...

Just thought I would straighten a few things out.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Mon 15 Dec, 2003 10:20 pm
While I'm glad Saddam Hussein has been captured, I'm at a loss to understand why so many news pundits claim this is vindication of President Bush's Iraq policies.

Think about it for a moment. Saddam's was the most recognizable face in all of Iraq. For decades his face had been everywhere...on billboards and statues and placards. Even with that mess of a beard, he was clearly recognizable as Saddam Hussein. He'd had no reconstructive surgery. He was found, just as so many people had predicted, in his tribal homeland near Tikrit. And yet it took eight months to find him...and this vindicates Bush's policy? Which policy?

Then we have the apologists saying it took so long, because Saddam had hundreds of look alikes. Behind them we have the conspiracy theorists questioning whether we have the right guy. Why hadn't we at least captured some of his doubles if we were working so diligently on finding the guy?
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Mon 15 Dec, 2003 10:34 pm
truth
Burtrflynet, good points. Getting Saddam was not the point of the war; it was to depose him, and that was done 8 months ago. As you say, it should be an embarrassment to have found him under the noses of the coalition. And did we find WMDs?
0 Replies

Individual

Reply Mon 15 Dec, 2003 10:52 pm
Butrflynet wrote:
Why hadn't we at least captured some of his doubles if we were working so diligently on finding the guy?

Perhaps we had but the news agencies didn't think it would be profitable to have a headline reading "We Found Look-Alike, Making Progress."
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2003 08:01 am
Folks...this "doubles" thing is way, way over done.

No doubles are exact look-alikes.

Hell, if you know identical twins for more than 10 minutes -- even if they are dressed identically, you can tell them apart.

The doubles were guys with bushy eyebrows, dark moustaches, and a pot belly. They had to be viewed at a distance of a hundred yards or more in order to be even remotely effective.

Get the hollywood nonsense out of your mind. You've got enough of these dumb conspiracy theories to work on without this one being manufactured.

The guy who was captured was Saddam.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2003 10:42 am
Hey, I agree with Frank!
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2003 10:59 am
I'll alert the media... Laughing
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2003 11:00 am
I agree with Frank also btw....but not so unusual for me....
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2003 11:12 am
Hey BP, I have been researching Ted's draft dodging, and only came up with a few posts on other sites indicating he showed up before the draft board covered in several days worth of his own filth. Apparently they ruled him insane.

That's not really a stretch is it?

I have no idea what the truth is. In 1968 I was five.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2003 11:32 am
cjhsa wrote:
Hey, I agree with Frank!

Great!

It had to happen at some point.

And what better time than now to wish you and yours a very happy holiday season, cj.

I love this time of year. People really do seem to get along better -- and considering all the problems in the world, that is a nice thing.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2003 11:34 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
I agree with Frank also btw....but not so unusual for me....

Hey Bear, hugs and good wishes during the Holiday Season to you and the family. (Say hi to Squinney)

Drink and smoke responsibly.

The world is counting on it.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2003 11:59 am
Frank Apisa wrote:
And what better time than now to wish you and yours a very happy holiday season, cj.

Right back at ya' Frank. Happy holidays to you and all the good people here at A2K.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2003 12:03 pm
Frank I don't smoke.........cigarettes. :wink:

chjsa Ted is a great rocker, but if the left wing "looney" entertainers need to shut up and just sing....same goes for the right wing IMO.

I got called up in 1967 but got 4 f'ed, something I was exceedingly grateful for and unlike Ted, now that I'm too old to serve I STILL am anti war and think Viet Nam was a big fvck up.

Merry Christmas to all, right and left of center, that's what I say. Very Happy

And Happy Kwaanza to Noah. Razz
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2003 12:19 pm
I agree to a point BP. When I go to a show I pay to hear them perform, not politicize. What they say or do offstage is another ball of wax.

I once attended the Marconi Radio Awards in San Francisco, and the headline entertainer for that event was Kenny Loggins. Mind you this is a room full of radio station owners. Big wigs.

First off he showed up late, then had trouble with his equipment. When he finally opened, instead of playing something, he went on a 10 minute or so diatribe about his environmental causes.

Needless to say it didn't go over very well.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2003 12:40 pm
Getting back to Saddam (though it would be OK with me if we try Ted Nugent and Kenny Loggins, too): One of the big issues now is whether he may get the death penalty if convicted. The US, of course, is one of the few western nations to still execute its criminals. I believe that even Tony Blair, Bush's staunchest ally, may have some qualms about this.

Of course, knowing the lonesome's cowboy's penchant for going it alone, this may not be a problem at all. "I've got the rope, fellers. Let's have us a little necktie party!"

Yahoo...
0 Replies