Is the Saddam we found the real one?

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2003 05:57 pm
We know that Saddam has hundreds of look-alikes running around Iraq. But how can we be sure that the one we found is the real one? Is it possible that the government is actually lying to us? If he is the real one, what should we do to him?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 4,856 • Replies: 77
No top replies

rhymer

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2003 06:22 pm
His DNA will give the answer!
If he is not the one, what was he hiding from?
0 Replies

Individual

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2003 06:25 pm
Americans who can't tell the difference between the real Saddam and a fake.

Where will we get the DNA to compare his with? If we already have some, how to we know that the DNA we got wasn't from a fake? And if it turns out that he isn't the real one, will the government tell us?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2003 06:35 pm
I think the answer to your question has something to do with the grassy knoll behind the farm house where he was captured!
0 Replies

jonat3

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2003 06:52 pm
Hmmm, when was the last time we saw Hussein without a beard? Doesn't it take a really looong time to grow a beard that long?
0 Replies

Individual

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2003 06:58 pm
How long has he been missing though, assuming his most recent television appearances were doubles? He could have been gone for a long time and Iraqis are very hairy people (at least the ones that I know).
0 Replies

rufio

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2003 07:57 pm
We don't really know that anyone even went into Iraq, either. I bet Bush took all those tax dollars and bought himself a private island for his Illuminati buddies and the CIA.

Give me a break.

They caught someone, and we'll find out soon enough. Believe them or not, but you can't just doubt his actions because he's Bush.
0 Replies

Individual

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2003 07:59 pm
rufio wrote:
Believe them or not, but you can't just doubt his actions because he's Bush.

Who said anything about Bush?
0 Replies

rufio

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2003 08:02 pm
Because it's Bush who is of course at the forefront of all of this. Sorry, I've been hearing way too many conspiracy theories on this lately, it's agonizing.
0 Replies

Individual

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2003 08:04 pm
Not that is has anything to do with the topic, but wouldn't jump to the conclusion that Bush is at the forefront of anything.
0 Replies

rufio

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2003 08:05 pm
Neither would I.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2003 08:27 pm
The DNA results will tell the tale. I personally think this was all worked out in advance through intermediaries.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2003 08:33 pm
All they had to do was look in his mouth. Did you see how long they were looking in his mouth? It's either that or they were looking for the WMD's ;-)
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2003 10:35 pm
truth
And if we can't be sure that we have DNA that is really from Saddam, couldn't get some degree of verification by comparing what we get from the man in the hole to that of Saddam's sons?
If you want a conspiratorial feeling, how about the fact that I would not be a bit surprised if Saddam is assassinated and by someone whose name translated into Iraqui is Jack Ruby. If we try him in an international public context he could de-demonize himself to a small extent by bringing up the history of American complicity with him, and how we turned our eyes away from atrocities he performed with our knowledge, while still keeping our support or at least not incurring our military wrath. Just a suspicion, not a prediction. Don't write me any letters.
0 Replies

Individual

Reply Mon 15 Dec, 2003 12:26 am
But we could still screw up the DNA testing in so many ways. There are people that have been pardoned after decades on death row because of faulty DNA evidence. Then there is the usual conspiracy theory. And finally, we could have a repeat JFK experience where all of the evidence suddenly disappears after JLNobody assassinates Saddam.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Mon 15 Dec, 2003 12:50 am
Individual wrote:

Where will we get the DNA to compare his with?

We already have some.

Quote:
If we already have some, how to we know that the DNA we got wasn't from a fake?

Because it was not bought on the black market and was obtained from verifiable sources (relatives, sons).

Quote:
There are people that have been pardoned after decades on death row because of faulty DNA evidence.

That's not true. I think you are a bit confused, those cases are cases in which DNA evidence overturned a conviction that was not based on DNA evidence. DNA's margin of error is very very slight. This is why it's such powerful evidence. If it were as faulty as you seem to think it can be it would not be such a case maker or breaker.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Mon 15 Dec, 2003 01:20 am
Individual,

What do you need to see before you are convinced that it is the real Saddam?

Everyone can keep offering up things for you to deflect for the next 5 years. Let's cut to the chase.

What is it that will convince you that we have the right man?
0 Replies

amethyst

Reply Mon 15 Dec, 2003 03:44 am
What will you do if it is the fake Saddam? LOL
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 15 Dec, 2003 05:13 am
Wheather it's the real Saddam or not, I can't see how capturing him will make things better. A lot of innocent people got killed to get to this man and I'm sure there are people out there who are pretty pissed of after seeing their families killed!

Just a thought.
0 Replies

CerealKiller

Reply Mon 15 Dec, 2003 05:21 am
They always slip the fake ones in when things go bad....
0 Replies