LISA MURKOWSKI SEZ PALIN IS LACKING INTELLECTUAL CURIOSITY NESCESSARY TO BE A GOOD PRESIDENT

Fido

Reply Fri 19 Nov, 2010 03:20 pm
@eurocelticyankee,
eurocelticyankee wrote:

Personally I don't care what Lisa M. thinks or says. I made up my own mind about Palin long ago. I don't need anybody to tell me she's an idiot, I can figure that out for myself.
Not exactly an idiot in the original sense of the word, but clearly a clown... So what??? That makes it all the more certain that she will be elected... If we had control of our own affairs then government would give force to the public will... Without democracy we must forever fear our leaders, so we think to fill offices with fools; but there is no protection from the unelected handlers behind the fools... What are you going to do; Recall them??? Vote them out??? They are never voted in... Karl Rove can get a Cretin elected, but he could never get himself elected... People like him stand out only because the shadows will not hide them...
eurocelticyankee

Reply Fri 19 Nov, 2010 03:25 pm
@Fido,
Quote:
That makes it all the more certain that she will be elected..

I honestly don't think the American people would be stupid enough to elect this woman.
At least I hope not.

Setanta

Reply Fri 19 Nov, 2010 03:27 pm
@eurocelticyankee,
I don't think you need to worry about it. Both because it is very unlikely that she would be elected (even rabid conservatives here acknowledge that if she is the candidate you can expect Mr. Obama to be re-elected); and because American Presidents don't actually weild as much power as the world thinks they do.
Fido

Reply Fri 19 Nov, 2010 03:37 pm
@eurocelticyankee,
eurocelticyankee wrote:

Quote:
That makes it all the more certain that she will be elected..

I honestly don't think the American people would be stupid enough to elect this woman.
At least I hope not.

The elected G W Bush for god's sake... They put dan quale a step away from the presidency... The elected Ronald Reagan while he was suffering from demensia, and he was always a low intelligence ideologue... It is not that we are stupid, but that we think of their stupidity as some sort of protection, and we identify with it... Most of us are uneducated, and only own the bible, and readers digest condensed books... If you run some one down for being a dolt you make them look better and better to the dim wits...

And don't believe stupid... The presidency has more and more power because the house has ceded so much to increase each members personal power and price by a fraction... The legeslative was supposed to be the most powerful branch, but the executive has grown more powerful than either the Court or the congress by default, and intent... They are dictators with dictatorial powers, and they cannot be recalled, and they apparantly cannot be impeached...
eurocelticyankee

Reply Fri 19 Nov, 2010 03:45 pm
@Setanta,
True, poor ol' Obama proved that.

Vote for the man who promises least; he'll be the least disappointing.
0 Replies

eurocelticyankee

Reply Fri 19 Nov, 2010 03:52 pm
@Fido,
We shall see.
As Abe said,
You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time.

We live in hope.
Fido

Reply Fri 19 Nov, 2010 06:33 pm
@eurocelticyankee,
eurocelticyankee wrote:

We shall see.
As Abe said,
You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time.

We live in hope.

We are blessed with foresight, and lose the ability when we hope against hope...
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Fri 19 Nov, 2010 06:54 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
and because American Presidents don't actually weild as much power as the world thinks they do.

Geeze, 5 to 6 million innocents slaughtered since WWII by these ineffectual boobs. Consider the number dead if they had some power.
Fido

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2010 08:45 am
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

Quote:
and because American Presidents don't actually weild as much power as the world thinks they do.

Geeze, 5 to 6 million innocents slaughtered since WWII by these ineffectual boobs. Consider the number dead if they had some power.
I know; with wars powers alone... Doesn't Setanta say some -on their face,- stupid things???...

To the point; they have way too much power, and it is the power the people, through the parties and the house of reps has had stolen right from under their noses... Napoleon banned the parties... Why can't we??? The founding fathers lived with one rep for every thirty thousand; so why can't we... Better to send an army to meet the Senate and the President; and then see who owns this country...
0 Replies

revelette

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2010 08:49 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
think that Palin Haters will latch on to any idiotic comment or report that allows them to trash her ad nauseum

Palin has been putting herself out there "ad nauseum" since the 2008 elections, in just about every venue there is available. What, are we supposed to shut up if we don't have anything nice to say about her and allow her and tea party to keep uttering their views/ideologies without oppositional views being heard? Only good comments allowed in Palin's glory seeking interviews, books, fox news, Palin "Reality" show...?

On the Bristol dancing thing, I agree with John Stewart.

Quote:
STEWART: “Who gives a s***? It’s Bristol Palin. She’s not running for anything. She’s not doing anything wrong. If you don’t like how far she’s going, don’t watch the show. I’m sure somewhere a Real Housewife has gone off her meds and is about to make television history.”

source

eurocelticyankee

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2010 12:05 pm
@JTT,
I think you'll find it's the military have the power, not the president and we all know what happens if the president gets out of line.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2010 12:48 pm
@revelette,
revelette wrote:

Quote:
think that Palin Haters will latch on to any idiotic comment or report that allows them to trash her ad nauseum

Palin has been putting herself out there "ad nauseum" since the 2008 elections, in just about every venue there is available. What, are we supposed to shut up if we don't have anything nice to say about her and allow her and tea party to keep uttering their views/ideologies without oppositional views being heard? Only good comments allowed in Palin's glory seeking interviews, books, fox news, Palin "Reality" show...?

On the Bristol dancing thing, I agree with John Stewart.

Quote:
STEWART: “Who gives a s***? It’s Bristol Palin. She’s not running for anything. She’s not doing anything wrong. If you don’t like how far she’s going, don’t watch the show. I’m sure somewhere a Real Housewife has gone off her meds and is about to make television history.”

source

There is nothing idiotic about disagreeing with Sarah Palin's political opinions, privately or publicly.

It is idiotic to latch on to a comment made by someone like Lisa Murkowski who is hardly an intellectual giant herself, and has a personal animosity for Palin, as an excuse to engage in childish insults that have no basis in reality and fail to address her opinions on policy.

(And before someone raises the point, it is also idiotic to do the same thing with Barrack Obama)

If makes you feel good to do so, have at it, but I was asked what I think and I replied.
JTT

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2010 01:10 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
that have no basis in reality and fail to address her opinions on policy.

Yeah, Sarah Palin has "opinions on policy". She's been falling all over herself to explain those policies, hasn't she?

You operate on the edge of delusional, Finn.
0 Replies

talk72000

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2010 02:09 pm
@Sglass,
There is a comedian named Michael Palin with a the troop - Monty Python. Could Sarah have maybe some comedic gene?
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Sun 21 Nov, 2010 03:42 pm
@eurocelticyankee,
eurocelticyankee wrote:

I think you'll find it's the military have the power, not the president and we all know what happens if the president gets out of line.
Are you suggesting that the President as Commander in Chief, has not the power of the military behind him, and that they are a power unto themselves??? I would agree that they are a force for reaction, and a danger to the little democracy we have; and even a danger to a democrat president; but until they act up, they still have to act as if loyal...
0 Replies

eurocelticyankee

Reply Sun 21 Nov, 2010 06:03 pm

A Sarah Palin rubik's cube
Fido

Reply Mon 22 Nov, 2010 06:36 am
@eurocelticyankee,
eurocelticyankee wrote:
I have heard most of my life that I am intelligent and the real rubik cube made a liar out of all who said so... It is nice that some one finally made one I can fix...
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Mon 22 Nov, 2010 06:42 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
everyone should be ridiculed as often as possible, politicians and celebrities twice that often
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 22 Nov, 2010 07:57 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
. . . fail to address her [Palin's] opinions on policy.

This is pretty hilarious. Asked about foreign policy in the 2008 campaign, she basically replied that one can see Russian from Alaska. What other gems of policy opinion from Miss Palin can you offer us, Finn?
0 Replies

revelette

Reply Mon 22 Nov, 2010 08:29 am
I haven't been wild about Barbra Bush since the whole Katrina thing but I thought it would be kind of funny to get Finn's goat by bringing another republican for democrats to latch onto to make fun of Palin.

outspoken wife of former President George H.W. Bush says Palin, who is considering a presidential run in 2012, seems "very happy in Alaska" but then adds, "I hope she'll stay there."
0 Replies