Heat pads

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2010 11:24 am
Hi dont know if any one can help i recently had a ulna shortened and my physio said to use a heat pad for my elbow and wrist, can anyone advise where i can get one without paying a fortune for one?

thanks
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 1,110 • Replies: 4
No top replies

NAACP

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2010 01:43 pm
eBay?
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2010 02:19 pm
@carrottop10,
Any drugstore will have them for under $15.

You probably have a Walgreens nearby if you are in the US. Here's a link to a heating pad they have that is $15.99/$12.99 on sale.

http://www.walgreens.com/store/c/walgreens-12-in-x-15-in--moist-or-dry-heating-pad/ID=prod6031577-product

If you can't afford that and have a microwave, you can also put some dry rice into a pillowcase and briefly heat it in the microwave before applying it to the body. Just keep reheating it in the microwave as needed. Discard the rice afterwords since it won't be very edible.
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2010 03:50 pm
@carrottop10,
carrottop10 wrote:

Hi dont know if any one can help i recently had a ulna shortened and my physio said to use a heat pad for my elbow and wrist, can anyone advise where i can get one without paying a fortune for one?

thanks
You can make one with rice and a corner of a pillow that you can slip in the microwave, and there are others you can buy with a nice scent... cool on a cold night to curl up with too...
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2010 03:51 pm
@carrottop10,
dollar+ stores carry them around here

they've dropped quite wonderfully in price

no special sources needed anymore
0 Replies