My anxiety is driving me mad, can anyone please give me some kinda advice?

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2010 10:54 pm
I feel as if my confidence has been sucked out of me, ive got no purpose of being here, I hate myself, i am an empty shell and whats left of me has been totally screwed around with, i was never strong enough, everyones broken me down, i dont know who i am anymore, i always thought i was caring and giving, im not, i just want to tear myself apart even more as theres no point in trying to put it back together, no ones willing to help me except you, i cant handle it, every new day brings new disappointments whether i attract them or not, i can no longer appreciate anything as im made to feel i dont deserve it, i dont know what i like, i have no hobbies or skills any more, my memory is rubbish as its learnt not to care about anything.

sorry if above is a bit ranty, im in a very fragile mood
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 6 • Views: 2,132 • Replies: 18
No top replies

Fido

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2010 11:05 pm
@DarkJohn,
DarkJohn wrote:

I feel as if my confidence has been sucked out of me, ive got no purpose of being here, I hate myself, i am an empty shell and whats left of me has been totally screwed around with, i was never strong enough, everyones broken me down, i dont know who i am anymore, i always thought i was caring and giving, im not, i just want to tear myself apart even more as theres no point in trying to put it back together, no ones willing to help me except you, i cant handle it, every new day brings new disappointments whether i attract them or not, i can no longer appreciate anything as im made to feel i dont deserve it, i dont know what i like, i have no hobbies or skills any more, my memory is rubbish as its learnt not to care about anything.

sorry if above is a bit ranty, im in a very fragile mood
Here's my advice: Be a Man... Even if you are a woman...No one cares who you are or how you feel... Some times people get all messed up and nothing makes sense... Carry on...Some times, people go through earth shattering events, and they find they are not what, and who they thought they were...It is great if you can sit back and find out who you are again and start over with a new you... It is hell to have to hold down a job and manage a nervous breakdown on your own time... Some times, that is exactly what happens...And you still have to carry on...
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2010 11:08 pm
One foot in front of the other. routine routine routine.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2010 11:34 pm
@DarkJohn,
I'm in a rather dark place myself right now, John.

my sympathies to you.

when things really go awry, you find out who your real friends are. or aren't.

in the end it will all boil down to you.

find a way to reconnect with the things YOU find important in life. you are the only one whose judgment of yourself matters.

as long as you have your health, it is not too late to start on a path that fulfills your spirit.

don't let others bring you down.

good luck, and welcome to A2k...
0 Replies

Pemerson

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2010 11:44 pm
Why don't you sit down and make a list of all the negative words in that rant. Then, write another column of words that would be opposite of those in the rant, and that is what you truly are.

When you wake up each day write your plans for the day ahead, keeping in mind those words in the second column, and plan your day.

Yeah, you have got to remember who you are. It's good too, to get a stack of yellow tablets, and write your life. First, from birth to 10 yrs, then 10 to 20 yrs., and so on. In this way you can recall when you changed being you.

Do some form of exercise. Just do what is yours to do. Nobody knows but you, and you DO know what to do. If you don't, get some help.
weiwei

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2010 12:11 am
@DarkJohn,
I think you are OK, as your expressions are very well. Even a fatal shortcoming shouldn'd be a problem, because you are your family's hope and you mean everything to the people who love you. So please try to find those colourful things in your country.

This is one of our nation's friends struggling for his dream in America, and maybe he could bring you some interest.(http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTY3ODc1OTgw.html)

And also there are many fantastic singers around you, such as Carry Underwood who can tell you to be confident. I believe you do have some potential skills and hobbies you've hidden under inferiority. Therefore, it's time for you to find yourself, rather than compare with others.
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2010 12:36 am
@DarkJohn,
I dont know how old you are or how fit you are, but might I suggest a very strong exercise program...strong for your age etc.....exercise will help burn the pus out of your nervous system, make you sleep better, take up some extra time that you might spend brooding and you might make new friends whilst you are at it. If you are reasonably fit, then really get into it....feel the burn.
Fido

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2010 06:37 am
@Pemerson,
Pemerson wrote:

Why don't you sit down and make a list of all the negative words in that rant. Then, write another column of words that would be opposite of those in the rant, and that is what you truly are.

When you wake up each day write your plans for the day ahead, keeping in mind those words in the second column, and plan your day.

Yeah, you have got to remember who you are. It's good too, to get a stack of yellow tablets, and write your life. First, from birth to 10 yrs, then 10 to 20 yrs., and so on. In this way you can recall when you changed being you.

Do some form of exercise. Just do what is yours to do. Nobody knows but you, and you DO know what to do. If you don't, get some help.

Here would be the problem.... Our emotions as infinite moral forms can hardly be defined, let alone illustrated by opposite which are not... Love is not the opposite of hate; but of not love, or not caring -since love is never without caring.... Hate and fear have much in common, and hate may only be fear denied, made active instead of passive, but confidence, or bravery could hardly be called the opposite of hate... Like wise for courage and cowardice... I have often been brave, some times to the point of foolishness, but terror often welled up in my emotions.... If I had ever run at some crucial point, I may then have been judged a coward even if courage or not courage had played no part, but cool rationalization... I used to tell young men: Don't run unless you see me run, and then run like hell because I never run... It was not that I was fearless, but recognizing how essential is courage to any human activity, so much so that people cannot cross the road or get out of bed, or leave their apartments with out courage, that I did not, on a whim, wish to deprive myself of this essential quality to normal being, because once one takes council of their fears they may never regain their composure...

The person needs courage, and the other side of that is the fact that some people are not cut out for life... I am afraid one of my children is defective and that for her, death would be a blessing at times... But who knows what may yet come of her, because people become what they are while always being who they are... If the person has done some terrible deed and cannot live with themselves or the consequences, or fears that they may hurt others seriously, courage, excepting moral courage would be the last thing I would advise... If people after due consideration find themselves guilty, they might save the tax payers some money... Such civic consciousness is rare, and short of having done something terrible I would just advise seeking help...
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2010 06:45 am
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:

I dont know how old you are or how fit you are, but might I suggest a very strong exercise program...strong for your age etc.....exercise will help burn the pus out of your nervous system, make you sleep better, take up some extra time that you might spend brooding and you might make new friends whilst you are at it. If you are reasonably fit, then really get into it....feel the burn.
Not to say I disagree with your directions here, but is Pus the equivalent of bad humors???...

Maybe it is time for the lancet or leaches, Dr. Middle Ages...The Greeks used to put sweet smelling herbs in a woman's vagina as a cure for hysteria; the hyst being the uterus.... Not bad work if you can get it; Next... And some times a little herb goes a long way... I used to know a Herb... I will have to look him up and ask...
Ionus

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2010 04:04 am
@Fido,
Dead cells and other debris within the body that have "congregated" are called pus. Failure to do stretching, which moves the nerves within their sheath, allows a build up of pus. Stretching and bending promotes circulation to the extremities and the organs. Most of a human is muscle and it is the most neglected aspect. Blood flow to muscles not only exercises most of what you are it aids circulation to the skin and sweating. This blood flows through the heart full of muscley goodness that is of great benefit to the heart.

All this helps you sleep and gives needed balance to natural chemical levels.
Fido

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2010 06:24 am
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:

Dead cells and other debris within the body that have "congregated" are called pus. Failure to do stretching, which moves the nerves within their sheath, allows a build up of pus. Stretching and bending promotes circulation to the extremities and the organs. Most of a human is muscle and it is the most neglected aspect. Blood flow to muscles not only exercises most of what you are it aids circulation to the skin and sweating. This blood flows through the heart full of muscley goodness that is of great benefit to the heart.

All this helps you sleep and gives needed balance to natural chemical levels.
I exercise and agree with the benefits of doing so, naturally, or I would not do so... Your un-professional advice is better advice against exercise, however... Like one said: Don't take any advice you don't pay for... The reason for that is clear: When we pay for a service we may expect professional standards and qualification... My wife is a certified fitness instructor, and she gets many fitness oriented magazines, and I must confess to reading them at times... They do not disagree with you in the good of the goal, but the professional explanation, that relies upon science and chemistry is an argument in itself...

We all know that the anxiety experienced by many goes along with brain chemistry changes, and that those chemical changes are often addressed directly with medicine... There is no substitute for personality and discipline that seek physical activity and challenge... Drugs are not always the answer, and drugs alone are never the answer... The whole body, diet, exercise, philosophy, interaction or therapy are all together in a healthy person... This stuff, this philosophy and politics, keeps me on my ass too long, but it is essential to my feelings of health and well being... I would be depressed with out it, and feel it... My wife has other outlets, and I do not... I can't wait for spring time and the Y to get up and running... It is closed for repairs... ****.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2010 06:25 am
@DarkJohn,
Find a talented psychologist.
Fido

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2010 06:57 am
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

Find a talented psychologist.
And get off your ass... The troubles in life have a hard time hitting a moving target...
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2010 07:07 am
@Fido,
Quote:
Your un-professional advice is better advice against exercise, however
And which part didnt you like ? That I simplified it ? That I didnt big note myself by making it as full of gobbleygook as I could ?
Quote:
Don't take any advice you don't pay for...
Then I shant believe another word you say.....
Quote:
My wife is a certified fitness instructor
Very Happy Well her pair beats my royal flush....
Quote:
she gets many fitness oriented magazines
I await your next unpaid expert opinion so I can ignore it.
Fido

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2010 07:20 am
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:

Quote:
Your un-professional advice is better advice against exercise, however
And which part didnt you like ? That I simplified it ? That I didnt big note myself by making it as full of gobbleygook as I could ?
Quote:
Don't take any advice you don't pay for...
Then I shant believe another word you say.....
Quote:
My wife is a certified fitness instructor
Very Happy Well her pair beats my royal flush....
Quote:
she gets many fitness oriented magazines
I await your next unpaid expert opinion so I can ignore it.
Pus, dead cells... I get your drift because I have had a college level biology class, but you are not really saying anything...It is a complex process that general explanations do not touch...
Ionus

Reply Fri 19 Nov, 2010 04:58 am
@Fido,
I wanted to explain enough to motivate and promote confidence. You have ruined that.
Fido

Reply Fri 19 Nov, 2010 06:19 am
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:

I wanted to explain enough to motivate and promote confidence. You have ruined that.
Shame on me!!!
Pemerson

Reply Fri 19 Nov, 2010 07:40 pm
I suppose we could give this person unlimited advice concerning his anxiety. He/she is no doubt seeing a counselor, psychologist, knows where his anxiety lies and reasons why. The question is what hasn't he done yet.

Keeping a journal helps us concentrate on something, anything. Journaling is more healthy than keeping those problems trapped in our minds, pulling strings from happenings of possibly decades ago.

Exercise is good for the body and mind. Whatever we do, jogging, stretching, Yoga, Tai Chi, lifting weights, we should keep at it until we're gasping for breath, then continue for about 8 minutes. In this way the blood is pumping, carrying oxygen to the brain. Headaches can vanish, muscles become more elastic so we don't damage muscle and tendons, etc. when we take on physical projects of any kind.

At one time in my life I taught exercise classes - no machines, just stretching, bending, jumping - plain old calesthenics. I used Ballet for stretching, plus some Yoga.

When we work up a sweat endorphines are released in the brain and poisons released thru our pores. We can become addicted to the feeling healthy exercising brings. Good addiction.

Yeah, seeing a counselor is a good idea, but so is just getting off our butts, maybe just moving. That's generally what a counselor would suggest, anyhow. Get out in the world and look at nature. Visit art museums.
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Fri 19 Nov, 2010 08:13 pm
@Fido,
Quote:
Shame on me!!!
If you are here to get some sort of argument points and dont care about people, then yes, shame on you.
0 Replies